Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At this juncture, I'm thinking this young man was simply missed by searchers. He will likely eventually be found within a few kilometers of where his phone last pinged.

As far as all other discussed items, the two men, the car, the watch, the drugs....it's entirely plausible these things have an element of truth, and may play a part in J's motives for walking off, but the result, I think, is that he succumbed to the elements in the general region of his last phone ping, or at least, within a few hours walk on a path or trail from that location.
I think if he was in the area his phone pinged the smell would be overwhelming tbh it's a very distinct smell too not one that can be walked by and in hot weather too very unlikely the searchers walked by and missed him maybe first day or two but not after that

Last edited:

I think if he was in the area his phone pinged the smell would be overwhelming tbh it's a very distinct smell too not one that can be walked by and in hot weather too very unlikely the searchers walked by and missed him maybe first day or two but not after that
The same was said about Dr Mosley, but I think searchers had been very near to where he was eventually found.

I was looking back on photos of jay in this article earlier he was just a kid all the same and the photo of him in the night club he looks so vulnerable your heart would break lots of young teens try to impress their peers growing up especially lads and end up in trouble psychologically i suppose its insecurity and looking to fit in and wanting to belong i think the online criticism of his family is appalling and you can do all the right things as a parent ,hugs ,kisses ,be there etc and your child still falls in with the wrong crowd young teens are very unsure of themselves and look for validation from their friends and if jay was getting that sense of self from the group he hung around with he will want to engage in more of that type of behaviour in order to continue feeling that imo
Screenshot_20240709_213808_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240709_213918_Chrome.jpg

Why would the police put a stop to Jay's passport if he was just missing ,was there a reason to suspect criminal activity at the start and they didn't want jay absconding can anyone shed some light on why passports are stopped like this in this circumstance

According to his best friends, he had stolen an exceptionally expensive watch off someone. So the police might be keen to speak to him about that.

At this juncture, I'm thinking this young man was simply missed by searchers. He will likely eventually be found within a few kilometers of where his phone last pinged.

As far as all other discussed items, the two men, the car, the watch, the drugs....it's entirely plausible these things have an element of truth, and may play a part in J's motives for walking off, but the result, I think, is that he succumbed to the elements in the general region of his last phone ping, or at least, within a few hours walk on a path or trail from that location.
I totally agree. No-one in their right mind leaves a perfectly solid, open road voluntarily to enter what is obviously dangerous terrain in many places, which you'd realise the moment you entered it. Equally, no-one throws away a perfectly serviceable mobile, particularly when they know that if they can get it charged, it will be their salvation. And as for all the what-may-be-red-herrings, could it be that we're so used to following murders and kidnappings that we are in danger of looking for conspiracies where there are none? The 'couple and the car' for instance - AQ stated to MWT that he saw Jay talking to Ofelia in his rear view mirror as he moved the car. Through speculation, we've constructed a scenario with two random folks who simply appear not to have existed. Sometimes, the simplest answers are sadly the closest to the truth.

The same was said about Dr Mosley, but I think searchers had been very near to where he was eventually found.
How long was Dr mosley being searched for usually within 48 hours the body will start to eliminate fluid and the smell will start to peak around 3 to 5 days

I can’t see the contradictions so far either I don’t find it strange that a dehydrated, possibly hungover/post drug ingestion teen with little knowledge of the area and no water or phone, could get lost and succumb to heat stroke.

I suspect the exact situation happens pretty often but the outcome is rarely fatal and so the subject doesn’t go missing and no one makes the news. After all, Michael Moseley who also should have known better, recently experienced the same sad end.

Every year, athletes also can develop “malignant hyperthermia” in adverse conditions. A combination of dehydration, environment and genetic susceptibility.

Plenty of comments in MsM from searchers about the terrain and lack of visibility. Michael Moseley was right next to a resort and only seen from the sea because of a watch glint.
Yes!

No its definitely not, yes there will be cacti but not to the point that dogs cant be used.

I live in Spain, I have an Ibizan hound or podenco as they are known in Spain, i did spot two being used on clips of the searches. The fact that we know that the pheasant hunt is currently underway in the area tells me that its not impenetrable by dogs.

After watching hikers doing the Juan Lopez ravine on past YouTube videos I also cant understand why the ravine has not been searched (as keeps being said). I also can't believe that voluntary searchers who have made it out to Tenerife cant get hold of ropes and equipment.

No its definitely not, yes there will be cacti but not to the point that dogs cant be used.

I live in Spain, I have an Ibizan hound or podenco as they are known in Spain, i did spot two being used on clips of the searches. The fact that we know that the pheasant hunt is currently underway in the area tells me that its not impenetrable by dogs.

After watching hikers doing the Juan Lopez ravine on past YouTube videos I also cant understand why the ravine has not been searched (as keeps being said). I also can't believe that voluntary searchers who have made it out to Tenerife cant get hold of ropes and equipment.
Yes I wonder why the ravine hasn't been searched even using a drone to go down and into the nooks and crannys , is the Spanish newspapers reporting much and do you think jay could have fallen from a height into the sea

Which one looks the easier and quicker walk to get food- he headed to Hilda’s view- we also know this from Ophelia
I do think (in line with MWT's statement that he has evicence suggesting that Jay was scared) that Jay had probably decided for whatever reason that anywhere was better than where he was, with the two men in the Airbnb. And that trying to disctance himself led to his ultimately coming to grief.

Just as a matter of interest (and doing a 180 for a minute) was the person leaving or joining (sorry - I forget the details) the white car in the layby miles down the road ever explained?

I was looking back on photos of jay in this article earlier he was just a kid all the same and the photo of him in the night club he looks so vulnerable your heart would break lots of young teens try to impress their peers growing up especially lads and end up in trouble psychologically i suppose its insecurity and looking to fit in and wanting to belong i think the online criticism of his family is appalling and you can do all the right things as a parent ,hugs ,kisses ,be there etc and your child still falls in with the wrong crowd young teens are very unsure of themselves and look for validation from their friends and if jay was getting that sense of self from the group he hung around with he will want to engage in more of that type of behaviour in order to continue feeling that imo
View attachment 516583View attachment 516584
Oh this brought tears. It's so sad, especially seeing that photo of him looking so vulnerable.

Yes I wonder why the ravine hasn't been searched even using a drone to go down and into the nooks and crannys , is the Spanish newspapers reporting much and do you think jay could have fallen from a height into the sea
It has been in the Spanish press but not featured any more than other missing tourists.

There is currently a Belgian man missing and an American man, the body of a 74 year old hiker who has been missing has been found and of course the Irish holidaymaker who was found dead on the street in Magaluf, all in the past 10 days.

Incidentally the body of young Spanish guy who had been missing in York since Febuary has just been recovered from the river.

If they search land it needs to just be caves and ravines. That's why everyone is asking for experts. But jay was no expert so I doubt he got far. If he's out there he fell deep

saw this on SM, there doesn't appear to be a buzzer on the door and the OP wrote in comments that the white button is to turn the light on which appears to be the case..

so I wonder how the couple could of buzzed to wake AQ up to move his car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 23.33.47.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 23.33.47.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 23.33.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 23.33.56.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 9
saw this on SM, there doesn't appear to be a buzzer on the door and the OP wrote in comments that the white button is to turn the light on which appears to be the case..

so I wonder how the couple could of buzzed to wake AQ up to move his car.
In the first picture the grey box thingy is the key safe then underneath that is a doorbell, the switch for the light in the second picture would be inside the property. The light above the door (not in thes pictures) is a solar light.

ETA the cream coloured box is the doorbell.

In the first picture the grey box thingy is the key safe then underneath that is a doorbell, the switch for the light in the second picture would be inside the property. The light above the door (not in thes pictures) is a solar light.

ETA the cream coloured box is the doorbell.

The cream coloured box looks like a typical motion sensor unit that triggers a light to turn on when someone is at the door in my opinion. However, without verified checking, we can't know and it could be a buzzer, it's an odd shape for a buzzer though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stellrcellr
Back