Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as if he’s fallen from height into an inaccessible area. That landscape was like looking for a needle in an enormous haystack.

I’m just grateful he’s been found - always better to know than never know.
<modsnip> why he didnt stay on the road? Why he went off road? Her could be found, so tragic

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed> Who knows what state of mind Jay was in, the fact remains he had a place to sleep, he chose to go wandering. Its clear after 3 days of partying and boozing exhaustion didn't win-why? Depending on his mental/physical state, the result could have been the same close to his hotel with the sea involved.<modsnip - diagnosis of this>The mind works in strange ways.

Thank you Brian, I thought that may have been the case but didn’t really want to Google it incase I stumbled across any nasty images

Just imagine
what those brave searchers from Mountain Rescue Guardia Civil
or other Rescue Police forces across the world
have to put up with in their jobs.

What terrible scenes they see
:(
They are all silent heroes.

Bringing help to those who are lost
or
bringing bodies to despairing families.

I'm surprised that you think NB wasn't anywhere near as bad, I actually think it was worse, not on here but all over SM it was insane with people going to the river and doing their own investigations, the police briefings, the blaming the husband

JMO

I'll admit I haven't delved into the cesspit of SM on this case (and have no desire to) but that was what struck me in that case - the tik tok investigators who actually travelled there en masse and interfered - it was hard to miss on the news!

But it seems there is always finger pointing at relatives.

My gut feeling is it all just seems to get worse with every high profile case and that's what I was trying to confer when I referenced Nicola Bulley and Esther Dingley cases above. But maybe that's just an illusion - as I say I now try to avoid much of the SM commentary and I also avoid all the comments when I read tabloid articles .

At least in this case it seems like the local LE did the right thing by playing down the search so that they could continue without it becoming a circus, and I applaud that.

I agree, i can't see how the guys played a part. Who knows what state of mind Jay was in, the fact remains he had a place to sleep, he chose to go wandering. Its clear after 3 days of partying and boozing exhaustion didn't win-why? Depending on his mental/physical state, the result could have been the same close to his hotel with the sea involved. Psychosis doesn't care where you are situated. The mind works in strange ways.
for starters MWT said he left the home scared. Why was that?

Tenerife is known as a dangerous place after dark with the holiday hotspot being stuck in a bitter turf war between British drug gangs and the feared Italian mafia.

Despite this, there is no suggestion that Jay was linked to drugs with cops finding no link to criminality in the case.

for starters MWT said he left the home scared. Why was that?
From what we have been told Jay said to his friends that he couldn't go back to the airbnb, we don't know if that's true or if it was why he couldn't go back but it's MWT's explanation that he was scared, again not out of the bounds of possibility when he found himself alone miles from the resort with a convicted criminal, I can see quite easily how that could be the case

MOO, you'd need to ask MWT to be sure though

The very idea that anyone could have a vested interest in kidnapping Jay or holding him to ransom is completely delusional IMO and only a mother could come up with such notions! JMO MOO

I agree it's doubtful he was either kidnapped, nor was he held for ransom.
What do you think happened ?

Now that he's been found, maybe answers will be forthcoming.
I do think it possible he met foul play somewhere, though.
Very sad for his family and friends !
Rest in peace, Jay.
Omo.

Last edited:
I thought that area had been searched, especially where his phone last pinged.

Rest in Peace young man.
Condolences to his loved ones….I am pleased for them that he has been located for their sake.

Hats off to the Guardia Civil for their perseverance and hard work, continuing their search, doing their job. I’m grateful for this outcome. It appears to be as I expected, though I’m surprised he was found after only a month. He may never have been found.

Here on Websleuths we are well used to human remains being missed in challenging terrain, despite searches by teams experienced in such searches.

Often the remains are found many months or years later, having been stumbled upon by hikers/dog walkers/ hunters/ mushroom collectors in areas that have been searched many times before.

Often they are never found, which must be so very difficult for the families.

<modsnip: off topic>

Just imagine
what those brave searchers from Mountain Rescue Guardia Civil
or other Rescue Police forces across the world
have to put up with in their jobs.

What terrible scenes they see
:(
They are all silent heroes.

Bringing help to those who are lost
or
bringing bodies to despairing families.
Absolutely, I have nothing but respect for the people who do these kinds of jobs, whether it’s mountain rescue or the emergency services in general. To know you’re basically on a recovery mission and to know what you’re likely to find takes a certain kind of person to do, I can safely say I couldn’t do that job in a million years.

They deserve huge credit for never giving up in the search for Jay and for giving his family the opportunity to be able to say their goodbyes properly.

I don’t think we will ever find out any more re drugs, watches etc

It will be marked down as death by misadventure, there won’t be an inquest, or police investigation

I expect his body will be handed over to family for repatriation as soon as positive ID taken place

<modsnip - quoted post was deleted>

Everything we've been told by the friends suggests that he exactly did decide that he wanted to leave there and then and in the absence of a soon to be arriving bus set off walking. Obviously we dont know if his intention was to walk the whole way (very unlikely imo) or to get himself get himself to the next village/shop/cafe

We dont know why he went off the road but maybe the searchers do, possibly time will tell

<modsnip - quoted post was deleted>

Everything we've been told by the friends suggests that he exactly did decide that he wanted to leave there and then and in the absence of a soon to be arriving bus set off walking. Obviously we dont know if his intention was to walk the whole way (very unlikely imo) or to get himself get himself to the next village/shop/cafe

We dont know why he went off the road but maybe the searchers do, possibly time will tell
As he was found near the final ping I suspect he was trying to get to the boat that does the trips to LC, in his drugged up state bravado set in and he thought he could get there easily as thats where google maps told him to go, but paid the ultimate price

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I find it hard to believe that any of us would be here if we were not intent upon exploring every avenue - which in current parlance means 'conspiracy theories'. It's somewhat ironic that any of us would throw up our hands in horror at the idea of someone's life being dissected when that is the reason we are here. I hope we have all been fully respectful - the rules and the overseeing by admin should ensure that if things get out of hand - but we can't deny that we examine every tiny nuance, past and present.

As for MWT - although his intentions aren't always entirely altruistic, he has in the past conducted investigations which have thrown up valuable information and I don't know that the reasons he may have suggested have been discounted for Jay's finding himself in the middle of nowhere when he could have waited for a bus or a lift back to the hotel. I am distraught for Jay and his family but I do believe that better closure would be felt if they had a clear idea of why he made the decisions he did.

JMO, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members