Jaycee's Bio dad

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry but the timing of this leaves a bad taste in my mouth! :(
I admire Gloria's chutzpah (even when I dont agree with her)but this is just tacky!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did too, but that was then.
There was a time.......

bbm
Do you have a quote or evidence that if there were dirty laundry that he'd "be happy to air it?" How were able to ascertain what he'd want to do or not want to do?

There probably is none, widh is what I said: the reply is too this post.
I think Tizzle's post. SURE Not writen by me.
I do not think there was any dirty laundry at all.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4208457&postcount=245"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jaycee's Bio dad[/ame]

I have no opinion on this whole Slayton situation yet. But he was very very specific on an interview that I can link if you like, that he approached Glo and it was not the other way around. He went out of his way to make that very clear. I know she is not media, but she bases her practice almost entirely on media attention and high profile cases. So contacting Glo IS contacting the media.
ETA: As an aside, in that same interview which I will go get in a minute, he contradicted himself.
At one point he said he "never knew Jaycee existed". then when pressed on it, he said that someone did mention to him a month after her birth that Terry had had a baby and she looked just like him.
He also said that he tried contacting Terry once, but after he moved away to another area it was "out of sight out of mind"

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/playerccas.html?mps=kfigenericskin.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KFI-AM/KS0924097.mp3?CPROG=PCAST%3FCCOMRRMID&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=talk&NG_ID=kfi640am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.kfiam640.com&SITE_ID=616&STATION_ID=KFI-AM&TRACK=

THAT sure does not sound like the PRIZE DAD in no way at all.
And YES contacting Gloria is contacting the Media.
SO...
He wants something, but what?
I sure hope he is not learning from Larry Birkhead.....
Why why do I think it is LB (opportunist) all over again....

He was approached by the media to begin with. He didn't seek them out. And no he isn't a star, but he has been thrust into the spotlight as a result of his connection to Jaycee. I'm sure he wasn't approached by one media outlet and then left alone. That isn't how the paparazzi works. They hound any angle of every story, period.
The man is a United States Soldier/Vietnam War Veteran with a PURPLE HEART. Usually "crumbs" don't receive those. I thank him for his service and feel blessed that this hero was able to survive such an horrendous war in order to conceive another hero.

Have you watched to full Slayton Press Conference? Here ya go...

YouTube - Jaycee Dugard Kidnapping, Rape Case
Reaching to Gloria is going after Media.
Gloria is a good speaker,
Her job is to created an image for him I am not impressed.
furthermore:
A man with a heart who has a mutual friend that knew JC's mom reaches out to her and comforts her too.
Non of which was done.

I know people who have done things like that, for people they knew long, long ago..
I don't impress with PR - if he did not need someone to create an image for him a simple
lawyer would do. FACT.

And I do smirk when they substitute his name as sayton. :)

There probably is none, widh is what I said: the reply is too this post.
I think Tizzle's post. SURE Not writen by me.
I do not think there was any dirty laundry at all.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jaycee's Bio dad

I think you misunderstood what flourish was asking... We both want to know if you can share the links that state Mr. Slayton would be happy to air any dirty laundry if he had any? Where are all the links to back up your accusations of him? Do you know him, personally, in order to make such harsh statements against his character? I just want the facts, that's all. Share them with us.

BTW, your linking my post in your post only cements the last sentence of that post... You can rant but you still have no hard evidence to back up what you're saying.:thumb:

I think you misunderstood what flourish was asking... We both want to know if you can share the links that state Mr. Slayton would be happy to air any dirty laundry if he had any? Where are all the links to back up your accusations of him? Do you know him, personally, in order to make such harsh statements against his character? I just want the facts, that's all. Share them with us.

BTW, you're linking my post in your post only cements the last sentence of that post... You can rant but you still have no hard evidence to back up what you're saying.:thumb:
I think it is just her opinion so let's move on.

It could be that he is older and matured and recognizes how precious children are. Maybe he just wants to try and know her. I don't think that is outrageous.
The guy won't be able to win. If he did not make any effort to try and see or know her he would be criticized. if he tries to get in her life he will be criticized.
But none of us truly know what his motivation is. maybe it is publicity, maybe it is family, maybe it is passing, maybe he is a jerk. Time will tell and we will see.
i would suspect that Jaycee will ask about him in her own time and maybe he wants to be on record as wanting to know her. I hope he lets her take control and the fact that he is trying to find physically her and set up a meeting is a little unsettling to me, because it is not about him, it is about Jaycee.

I hope he is motivated by good, but there is no way of knowing.

I always find it interesting when an alleged bio dad says that he would have seen his kid but the mother wouldn't let him. Then with a little probing you find out that paternity was never established. A paternity test can be requested by a prospective father. But if that test is positive they will usually be required to pay child support. That is why it is usually the mothers who end up requesting the test. If the mother doesn't request the test then the father doesn't, usually because they don't want to pay the support..

Great post, mysteriew, I'm only scaling it down for space.

Another thing I find interesting that I learned through that press conference, is that Gloria Allred mentioned that Ken learned "through a mutual friend" that Susan (Terry) gave birth to a daughter a year after their "fling" and that the child looked just like him. I find that quite interesting because at first things were presented as though she were some one-week fling who he only heard from once a couple of weeks later when she found she was pregnant and then they lost touch. Even during the press conference, they were saying two different things - one was that he lost touch and didn't know how to reach her - but in the next breath they are referring to this mutual friend who was giving him updates on Jaycee, what she looked like, etc. I mean, hello? How can he sit there now and say all of that about losing touch, not knowing how to make contact, etc. while saying he had this mutual friend who was gving him these updates? Obviously, the mutual friend would have been able to give him at least basic location or contact information if he wanted to attempt to establish paternity.

Another thing I find interesting that I learned through that press conference, is that Gloria Allred mentioned that Ken learned "through a mutual friend" that Susan (Terry) gave birth to a daughter a year after their "fling" and that the child looked just like him. I find that quite interesting because at first things were presented as though she were some one-week fling who he only heard from once a couple of weeks later when she found she was pregnant and then they lost touch. Even during the press conference, they were saying two different things - one was that he lost touch and didn't know how to reach her - but in the next breath they are referring to this mutual friend who was giving him updates on Jaycee, what she looked like, etc. I mean, hello? How can he sit there now and say all of that about losing touch, not knowing how to make contact, etc. while saying he had this mutual friend who was gving him these updates? Obviously, the mutual friend would have been able to give him at least basic location or contact information if he wanted to attempt to establish paternity.

If, in fact, Terry didn't want him to find her, doesn't it make sense that she would also cut off contact with the mutual friend? I didn't hear that he was given updates, only that he was contacted by the mutual friend when Jaycee was born when they said she looked like him?

Interesting points. Which daughters is he so concerned about? His legal daughters or his alleged daughter? Their interests are not necessarily the same at this point. His legal daughters wish to meet their sister. I can see that. But does that take prescidence over his alleged daughters need for privacy at this time? Or her need for care and treatment?

I think that from his point of view those are both one and the same. I don't believe that he is asking for immediate access, just access at some point. I think the problem is that "privacy time" could be a week? a month? a year? 10 years? 146 years? till hell freezes over? It is that sort of thing that gets people anxious.

As far as the viewpoint of the girls, Jaycee remembered her mother, her aunt and her sister. So when she met with them she wasn't meeting strangers. However, meeting up with the alleged bio dad means meeting another stranger. And even the siblings would be strangers to her. As far as the grandchildren, even if he proves paternity, that doesn't mean that he will establish an ongoing relationship to Jaycee. And if there is no ongoing relationship to Jaycee, likely there will be no relationship to the grandchildren. Remember the court cannot order visitation for an adult.

For an adult, no, but for grandchildren it can. Btw, Shayna was 1 the last time Jaycee saw her, now she is 19, that pretty much makes her a stranger. If you read the accounts of when the family first reunited, it appeared that Jaycee's reaction on meeting the sister was more muted than the mother and the aunt, and that probably reflected the "stranger" aspect. She supposedly felt an immediate "genetic connection" however, and she would probably feel the same way about her other sisters. But, that will probably change after a while if that introduction is not made early on, when things are still plastic and euphoria is still in the air. The longer they are kept apart the more estranged they will become.

To push the issue through the media, and maybe the courts at this time in Jaycee's life he is more likely to ruin any chance he ever had of establishing a relationship with Jaycee and her daughters. Granted I am looking at this from a personal prospective only, but if it were me and I was being told that this person was insisting on meeting me, if I had no memory of ever meeting this person previously..... well I would probably find it frightening. Or it might make me angry. And neither emotion is a good one for establishing a relationship on.

If he really cared about any of his daughters and a future relationship, he might consider biding his time until she had had a chance to get on her feet a little, he might approach her through an intermediary, maybe through her attorney and quietly express an interest in meeting her. Offering her the choices and letting her set the time and method of meeting. That is the way to begin a relationship. Offering her the choice and letting her know how he could be reached if/when she was ready. Much less frightening and much calmer way to approach her.

If it were me I would want to meet them right away. I have 50 cousins (numbers vary a bit with deaths/births and so on) many of who I have never met. If one of those "strangers" contacted me and suggested meeting up, I would make time to do it. I might not make a permanent relationship but I sure as heck would want to see them, they are blood.

I agree with you, making contact through her representatives would be the best route, but I think that isnt happening here for some reason. Both sides are acting wierdly. This whole thing about needing paternity tests suggests that Jaycee's representatives are denying paternity, and therefore denying access, it's the scenario that makes the most sense. That implies that the message hasn't been transmitted to her. The whole thing could probably be solved by something as simple as arranging a phone call between Slayton and Jaycee. No face to face, no pressure, no promises, nothing like that. I'm sure Jaycee is not so traumatized that she cannot talk over the phone. Just let them talk for a while, say what they feeling, and then go on from there, if both want it. But I get the feeling that hasn't been done, and there is more of an antagonist/territorial thing going on between the parents/families. If that is the case then its tragic.

Jaycee may be the rope in a tug of war, but it takes two to pull that rope. It is all very well to say that one shouldnt pull, but wouldnt it be better if neither pulled?

I agree.

How can he sit there now and say all of that about losing touch, not knowing how to make contact, etc. while saying he had this mutual friend who was gving him these updates? Obviously, the mutual friend would have been able to give him at least basic location or contact information if he wanted to attempt to establish paternity.

It paints a better picture to claim he lost touch rather than admit he didn't care enough to look her up when she was a baby. Avoiding child support sounds reasonable.

There was a reason Terry didn't contact him about Jaycee when she was born. Terry was willing to go it alone and he was more than willing to let her. He made no effort to contact Jaycee until now. Actions speak louder than words and, to me, his actions are very self serving.

When and if Jaycee wants to go public should be her choice and her choice alone.

i would suspect that Jaycee will ask about him in her own time and maybe he wants to be on record as wanting to know her. I hope he lets her take control and the fact that he is trying to find physically her and set up a meeting is a little unsettling to me, because it is not about him, it is about Jaycee.

I hope he is motivated by good, but there is no way of knowing.

One explanation for that would be a feeling of guilt when she was taken, presumed dead, that he hadn't made enough effort to get involved in her life. Maybe he thought that someday he would, and then sudddenly it was too late and it became a lingering regret. Flash forward 18 years and Jaycee comes back from the dead, and walks through her mothers door. But the mother was not the only person for who she came back from the dead. The father might be seeing this as a second chance he could only dream of before, and doesn't want to let that slip by again.

One explanation for that would be a feeling of guilt when she was taken, presumed dead, that he hadn't made enough effort to get involved in her life. Maybe he thought that someday he would, and then sudddenly it was too late and it became a lingering regret. Flash forward 18 years and Jaycee comes back from the dead, and walks through her mothers door. But the mother was not the only person for who she came back from the dead. The father might be seeing this as a second chance he could only dream of before, and doesn't want to let that slip by again.

Hopefully, she is not going anywhere. There is a time and place for everything, and he could have waited until she had more time to adjust to the family she did know. Contacting a high profile lawyer and going public with his request strikes me as very insensitive and selfish. Jaycee had/has no emotional connection to this man. To expect her to comply with his expectations so soon, no matter if he is motivated by regret or looking to cash in on media attention, is horrendous.

Do you know what the definitions of "force" and "demand" even are? Where are these demands you speak of? It was a REQUEST or an OFFER TO HELP, not the same as forcing or demanding....Dictionary.com Look it up. Also, I didn't say it was an unfair comparison, I said it is not a comparison at all.

so his cheap suit mouth piece saying if jaycee doesnt conform to ther meeting and paternity they will force legal actions ISNT A DEMAND?

Also, don't you think Jaycee would find it hurtful that she is thought of as nothing more than the result of "sperm between blankets"? Maybe the "sperm donor" and other insulting comments should be kept to a minimum. I was offended and I'm not even the result of "a sperm donor" as you say.

so your suggesting it's better she know that her 'dad" abandoned her from the time she was born tilll the time he saw dollar signs? im really missing the point here

I think that from his point of view those are both one and the same. I don't believe that he is asking for immediate access, just access at some point. I think the problem is that "privacy time" could be a week? a month? a year? 10 years? 146 years? till hell freezes over? It is that sort of thing that gets people anxious.

snipped

I vote for when hell freezes over.:furious:

That KEN SLAYTON JR , 41 YEARS OLD, did not know he had a sister named JC nor the story about her kidnapping until recently. Speaks volumes to me.
My guess is MR. Slayton senior ALSO does not have much of a relationship with his older children. Whatdaya wanna bet?
NEWSFLASH
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat..._jaycee_lee_dugards_father.html#ixzz0Q3NnWiI8

Meanwhile, Kenneth Slayton Jr., 41, was stunned to learn Jaycee was his half sister. "I had no idea I even had a half sister until my full sister called and told me the other night," Slayton Jr. told the Daily News.

Anyone who wants to argue that Slayton did not want JD to meet his 2nd (technically 3rd) family due to the tender considerations of immature little minds, NEED JUST READ Slayton JR's statment above.

Ken Slayton Jr's statement PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt that it had nothing to do with the Children's interest and everything to do with MR. Slaytons interest as to why he choose to ignore JC's existence. He isn't the first unwed (and sometimes wed) father to do this, so I am not trying to nail Slayton to the cross, but enough already with all the excuses!

After re listening to the tone of that press conference, and the not so subtle message that Slayton wants some action coming out of the dugard camp (probably just to satisfy selfish and self centered curiosity for the "lost sister") I think Slayton outta just back off and leave things as they lie.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL STANDING for Mr. Slayton regarding paternity issues. The time to become a father to JC has legally passed, and the only person who can change his standing on any personal kind of level is JC, and she can do it in her own sweet time and should not feel any pressure from anyone at all, especially at this time.

Shame on Mr. Slayton for having this press conference and shame on MS Allred for both her demeanor and timing.

so his cheap suit mouth piece saying if jaycee doesnt conform to ther meeting and paternity they will force legal actions ISNT A DEMAND?

Post the link stating they will force legal action. Where they actually use the word "force". Thanks.

i do feel bad for the half siblings
but that's ken slayton sr's fault........he dug that hole for himself 30 years ago. he cant make jaycee dig him out!

so your suggesting it's better she know that her 'dad" abandoned her from the time she was born tilll the time he saw dollar signs? im really missing the point here

BBM
Can't argue with that.

Mr. Slayton did not even have to GET A HOLD of MS. Dugard to file for Paternity.
If he made a good faith effort to contact her (post in legal papers will do it) and she did not show up for court he could have been given legal standing as a father by default.
You can't just choose to not show up for court in a paternity action, and that works both ways. The only way to deny him would have required proof that he was somehow a danger to JC and obviously we know that never happened.

I assume Allred took on this case for media exposure. In spite of his claims that he's not interested in any money, hiring Allred screams otherwise. He probably thinks he can get some of the money coming Dugard's way (which I seriously doubt). [God, I don't even think the Dugard family, Jaycee and her daughters, will have the money needed for their rehabilitation. CA is in a meltdown and the economy is still on it's knees.]

Why else would he demand that Dugard get a paternity test?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...jaycee-dugards-father-pleads-for-reunion.html
"Allred said Slayton wants to get in touch with Dugard or a family representative to arrange a private meeting and a confidential paternity test. If the family does not consent to the test, she said Slayton may take legal action."

My God, the woman has been through an almost unimaginable ordeal and here he is insisting on being part of her life. He's a total stranger to her! Reminds me of Solomon splitting the baby, with the real mother begging to spare the child while the fraud agrees. Compare him to Mr. Probyn who said he'll gladly wait and be happy with a "hug," considering they're rightly taking things slow. This man, if he was truly interested in Dugard's well being, would not ask her for anything and would certainly avoid talking to Dugard or her mother in such a public way. Here's a hint, Slayton: if neither Terry Probyn nor Jaycee Dugard are trying to contact you, it's probably because they don't want to.

Here's a video clip of him:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=7029846

"may take legal action" that's an implied threat. so there either threatning them to take the test or be sued...........or forcing them to take the test to avoid being sued. that's force.......coercion, blackmail............call a spade a spade

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prairie Gurl
Back