JB and BC worked for the MDCPD at the same time.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's very cool to hear.

I'm extremely surprised that nobody has looked into Baez's past yet. Unfortunately we live in a society that uses investigative journalists very rarely anymore. People say crap, politicians, business men and others and it's just accepted as fact. :furious:

BTW, why is an attorney not allowed to hug a female client? I think it would just be a compassionate gesture. It's not like they were making out.

Professionalism. It's an atty-client relationship, not a therapist-client relationship. Also, in a jail setting, it's simple to slip a client drugs. You would be surprised at what attorneys will slip their clients during a visit - since attorneys are allowed contact visits with their clients in jail.

There was an atty in San Francisco who slipped a gun to a client in San Quentin. Deaths resulted from it.

I have long been of the opinion that............. JB is either a bumbling idiot OR brilliant. Kind of reminds me of playing pool. Pretend you stink, can't play, don't know the game....then come in with the big guns AND rake it in. He may be inexperienced lead counsel, but that doesn't mean he isn't consulting with very qualified and more experienced attys. IMO, he must have something up his sleeve. Everyone is entitled to "counsel" regardless of guilt or innocence. What I believe (IMHO) is happening is an effort to trip up to prosecution on a technicality. Perfectly legal, totally unethical. IMO

That reminds me of this exchange from Seinfeld:

Elaine: Maybe there's more to Newman than meets the eye.

Jerry: No, there's not. There's less.

Elaine: "Maybe he's an enigma, a mystery wrapped in a riddle."

Jerry: "He's a mystery wrapped in a Twinkie."

Professionalism. It's an atty-client relationship, not a therapist-client relationship. Also, in a jail setting, it's simple to slip a client drugs. You would be surprised at what attorneys will slip their clients during a visit - since attorneys are allowed contact visits with their clients in jail.

There was an atty in San Francisco who slipped a gun to a client in San Quentin. Deaths resulted from it.

That makes sense. And people wonder where the slimy attorney stereotype comes from. :rolleyes:

Just sayin, just sayin.

My info comes from this site.

Baez, José – Member of Casey Anthony’s defense team. Casey's lead defense attorney. According to his website, Baez is a former criminologist who received a B.S. degree in criminology from Florida State University. He began working for the Miami-Dade County Public Defender's office in 1995 and created a reputation as a fierce advocate who fought his cases until the very end and also distinguished himself by creating a division record for the most trials where he won 32 of 34 jury trials within his first two years with the office. (Note: one of his two losses was a reversed appeal). Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, where he taught judges, lawyers, and law students about methods of using the Internet for investigation. Baez has been involved in several high-profile cases in Florida, including the defense of Nilton Diaz, Kissimmee Mayor George Gant, and Elvira Garcia.

Conway, Brad – George and Cindy Anthony’s new lawyer (after Mark Nejame quit.) Worked at public defender's office from March 1992 through December 1997 and began private practice in December 1997, specializing in criminal defense litigation. In 2004, he was voted one of Orlando's AV (top rated) criminal defense lawyers.

i wonder if JB has since suffered a blow to the head, because he just doesn't seem that smart now?!

comment deletion in 5...4....3...

:laughbounce::laughbig::biglaugh:
:rolling:

1436426.jpg

i wonder if JB has since suffered a blow to the head, because he just doesn't seem that smart now?!

I think it's an adverse reaction to too much Casey KoolAid.:rolleyes:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I had a question as to why Brad Conway was in a wheelchair and I read that he was in a surfing accident in 1981.

I've been sitting here reading this thread and just biting my tounge so hard I have blood running out the sides of my mouth.

For the life of me I can't understand how any Public Defender can be "applauded" for the cases he/she won. Especially in Miami Dade. EVERDAY we have thugs being arrested for brutal crimes; murder, rape, hit and run (really big one lately), armed robbery, etc. LE does their best and catches alot of these guys only to find out they have a "rap sheet" 20 pages long and should have never been out on the streets to begin with. So why are they out? Because the PD found some loophole or whatever to get them "set free". Nope, sorry can't understand it - when you live here and see this everyday - its hard to look at a public defender as a "local hero" because of his "wins" in court. The only "hero" these guys are is a "hero" to the thugs on the streets.

IMO - as always.

If JB is misrepresenting himself on his website (number of wins/losses, when he began working etc) wouldn't that be something that might be an ethics violation of the Bar? If he is telling potential clients that he has more experience than he actually does, he is violating their trust. I know, SOP for an attorney. But I think the Bar may actually have some rules against it. Of course you would need a valid website in order to make a complaint.

I've been sitting here reading this thread and just biting my tounge so hard I have blood running out the sides of my mouth.

For the life of me I can't understand how any Public Defender can be "applauded" for the cases he/she won. Especially in Miami Dade. EVERDAY we have thugs being arrested for brutal crimes; murder, rape, hit and run (really big one lately), armed robbery, etc. LE does their best and catches alot of these guys only to find out they have a "rap sheet" 20 pages long and should have never been out on the streets to begin with. So why are they out? Because the PD found some loophole or whatever to get them "set free". Nope, sorry can't understand it - when you live here and see this everyday - its hard to look at a public defender as a "local hero" because of his "wins" in court. The only "hero" these guys are is a "hero" to the thugs on the streets.

IMO - as always.

Personally, I despise defense attorney's, especially the one's who defend these type criminals.... BUT, on the flip side of the coin, you also have to consider what could happen IF everybody wasn't given a proper defense. You, or I, or anybody else could be charged & convicted of a crime we didn't commit, and end up spending life in prison, or worse. Many people have been exonerated after spending years in jail, and I'm sure there have been some put to death for crimes they didn't commit.

Although I don't like defense attorney's, they are a necessary part of the legal system. Yes, you will end up with the OJ's and Spector's of the world, but in the end, IF you're going to convict someone for something they did, you want all the i's dotted and t's crossed, to make sure in the end, that the proper person is convicted and they aren't going to go free in the future on some legal technicality or improper defense.

IMO, almost from day one, I have thought that Baez's defense of Casey will be appealable. Besides putting together a dream team for Casey, I don't see that he's done much else but make this case the laughing stock of the legal community. I hope I'm wrong :confused:

IMO - as always.

Well, not every who's arrested is guilty of the crime for which he was charged. But I do see your point, and agree--to a point. But I live in a state where there's now a moratorium on the death penalty due to overzealous prosecution of defendants later exonerated by DNA evidence, so I am grateful for the efforts of defenders.

That said, I find everything about Baez to be slimy. His overstatement of his experience is very disturbing.

I don't find it at all disturbing, however, that BC and JB worked in the same office at the same time. There's nothing hinky about the association--it's just plain, old-fashioned networking.

Well, not every who's arrested is guilty of the crime for which he was charged. But I do see your point, and agree--to a point. But I live in a state where there's now a moratorium on the death penalty due to overzealous prosecution of defendants later exonerated by DNA evidence, so I am grateful for the efforts of defenders.

That said, I find everything about Baez to be slimy. His overstatement of his experience is very disturbing.

I don't find it at all disturbing, however, that BC and JB worked in the same office at the same time. There's nothing hinky about the association--it's just plain, old-fashioned networking.
I agree and definitely see your point. Everyone is entitled to the best defense ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE NOT GUILTY! Where is Matlock when you need him? lol

I guess its because I've lived down here my entire life and I see babies being shot in drive bys and when (and if) they catch the guys - they get off because LE didn't take him to the hospital first, or one of the cops forgot to put the evidence in an evidence bag and therefore chain of custody is broken so perp walks. We just had an 11 yr old girl just mowed down - killed in the street- took them about 3 - 4 days to catch the guy and I'm willing to bet he ran because he had warrants or was out on probabtion.

Its getting really bad down here and lately IMO the long arm of justice seems to grant the criminals more rights that any victim ever has.

Just my opinion.

you're allowed to use names for the big players in this case. that post looked cryptic, at best. interesting post, nonetheless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me
Back