JBaez requests Ex Parte Hearing with Judge Strickland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now, I am wondering....if Lee was the only one of the A's to receive a subpoena, why was he the 'lucky one'? Or are George's and Cindy's subpoenas 'in the mail' and will arrive at a later date.

Well all their names are on the state's witness list, so they're all getting one. I'm not sure if they were served yet, but I thought I heard once that they had been? Don't take that to the bank though.

Well all their names are on the state's witness list, so they're all getting one. I'm not sure if they were served yet, but I thought I heard once that they had been? Don't take that to the bank though.

If you are on the witness list does that mean that the state 'must' call you to the stand? Could the state list the A's on their witness list just to keep them off JB's list? He only gets to cross examine testimony given by a State witness. If the A's are on the list and they are not called by the state can JB then call them or are they 'out of play' so to speak?

I've pulled up a few sites and they are all talking in the past tense as if they've already been served. I guess I don't want to take that as verifiable fact, but it does make me tend to think they have been.

If you are on the witness list does that mean that the state 'must' call you to the stand? Could the state list the A's on their witness list just to keep them off JB's list? He only gets to cross examine testimony given by a State witness. If the A's are on the list and they are not called by the state can JB then call them or are they 'out of play' so to speak?

Just because a witness is on the list doesn't mean they will be called. You're right, if JB is doing a cross of said witness, he must stay within the bounds of the direct, but he can add them to his own witness list. Then at that time, he'd be on direct and the state on cross. Technically, then the state can call them on again on direct during what's it, rebuttal, or surbuttal?

EDIT: I believe you have to have all your witnesses on the list in order to call them. That's why so many names are simply added and it's decided at a later time who will actually be called. I think we can take it to the bank that the Anthony's will be called though.

I think there are exceptions to this rule, but off hand, I can't recall what they are. I do think if something new is revealed during trial, you are indeed allowed to add to your witness list. Of course, Florida law may be completely different than say, CA or Texas.

Just because a witness is on the list doesn't mean they will be called. You're right, if JB is doing a cross of said witness, he must stay within the bounds of the direct, but he can add them to his own witness list. Then at that time, he'd be on direct and the state on cross. Technically, then the state can call them on again on direct during what's it, rebuttal, or surbuttal?

Rats! I was afraid of that.

BOLDED:
And can they just all stand at once and each say------->"I killed Caylee!"???

Since they are witnesses for the State, does the SA office have a SA rep attend the depos as well? thought I read that in a thread here somewhere....:confused:

Not sure how it works in this case, but when my DD was 12 she was sexually assaulted, the defence lawyer requested a deposition, and the SA accompanied her. I think it was so that he could object to certain lines of questions given her age and the charges.

It may have been because she was a minor, but I got the impression that he (the SA) was her 'legal representation'. I'm sure the lawyers in our midst know for certain.

remember to stay on topic.....:blowkiss: jb requests ex parte hearing....

I'm getting the feeling this has something to do with someone's mental health.

i thinking that also.....but how would that get to the truth? unless he is going with an accident.....and he would say she is not guilty of pre-meditated?

Wasn't it JB that just said in court the other day that "every day I get evidence that shows my client is innocent", lets see, it's been 6 months now....that's about 180 days....that's 180 pieces of evidence that shows his client is innocent...GEEEEZZZ what more could he need??? Thinking it may be CA's therapy records...wonder who her therapist was??? The jogger perhaps??? you never know...

I've read all the posts here and have to chime in with MHO. I think Baez wants confidential records (medical, military, juvenile police, or whatever) for those people he wants to throw under the bus. I'm thinking Jesse, Amy, and Ricardo for starters. I think he wants to find out the "down and dirty" on them to discredit them as witnesses for the prosecution. He may also want to create a scenario where poor, innocent Casey was deceived by this group of drug-using, grudge-holding people.

I think it's a major fishing expedition.

Someone tell me ....first article of the ex-parte motion reads:

"The defense is charged with the responsibility of investigating their case in an effort to search for the truth."

Isn't the "truth" what the defendent says it is?

Why is Baez searching for ANYTHING?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2009-03/45901273.pdf

Perhaps he meant to say the defense is searching for any proof of his client's version of the truth. Good luck with that Jose.

does anyone know what the fl laws are .....if the defendent....say is mentally ill....and she will not plea.....but her defense thinks she does...can her defense then go to the judge to ask for the ability to take kc rights from her..... show that she is not able to make a good choices....and perhaps give control to her parents...like custody of her....lol...does that make since?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back