Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have spent two hours googling him and can find nothing about his younger years. This tells me you know him personally. I did find this though and thought my friends here might enjoy it. :)

The Best of FL State Prosecutor Jeff Ashton - YouTube
The Best of FL State Prosecutor Jeff Ashton

Thanks Tulessa for bringing the video of Mr. Ashton here. No wonder Dr. Spitz said "he did a good job" after court. Watching OCA was nauseating. She was reacting in a very rehearsed way, as if the trial had absolutely nothing to do with her. It's the way she acted during the 31 days and it was the way she acted when the plea deal was offered near the end of the trial. If I don't acknowledge it, it doesn't exist.

Jeff Ashton factoid: He is originally from Pinellas County, where Anthony's jurors were selected.
I have spent two hours googling him and can find nothing about his younger years. This tells me you know him personally. I did find this though and thought my friends here might enjoy it. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAzFWFS_PI"]The Best of FL State Prosecutor Jeff Ashton - YouTube[/ame]

Nah. He mentions it in the book.

Bolding by me....

I've heard many say that the prosecution should have redirected their case after the defense started the trial w/their preposterous and outlandish opening statement. My question is, what do people think the state could have done differently that they feel would have more directly attacked or opposed JB's opening statement? It appears that the state knew that the defense would have some farfetched opening statement based on the information that casey told they mental health professionals. So even knowing how ridiculous the defense team's opening statement was possibly going to be, the state still chose to present the case in the fashion that they were planning to all along. Could they have done anything different that would have really made a difference?

No, they could not and would not do anything differently.

The state is there to present the facts to the jury and that is exactly what they did.

I think Ashton knew all along Baez would never be able to prove the ridiculous accusations Baez made. And Ashton was right.... JB never did.

What Jeff could not foresee is this jury would not make Baez prove anything he said in OS. The jury was so shallow that they just believed Baez cuz he said it.:innocent:

The state is there to try their case. They are not there to try the defense case. The state demolished the defense witnesses but still that was not enough for this jury who had already shutdown even listening to the evidence shortly after OS ended. They liked the 'story':innocent: Baez told and believed it without question even though it was full of more holes than swiss cheese and did not conform with the evidence presented.

IMO

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...n-state-attorney-bid-20120101,0,4681614.story

GO TO PAGE 2

"Originally from Pinellas County, where Anthony's jurors were selected, Ashton graduated from the University of Florida College of Law. Earlier in his career, Ashton gained national attention when he helped successfully get DNA findings introduced in a 1987 Orange County rape case."

The Best of FL State Prosecutor Jeff Ashton - YouTube

I am retired, so I have a lot of time to sit at my pc. Those of us that are no longer in the work force has EARNED this right. I haven't committed a murder. I have no reason to lie or mistype anything to do with this trial & I will ALLOW NO MAN to narrow & degrade my soul by making me hate them. Not EVEN Berry Hall, my brother's murderer. Where this post lands is random. :)

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is for perjury? Wouldn't that be a kicker if JA went after CA? Remember, it was the SA (LL) decision to not charge her.
From what I have found online...it appears to be 3 years from the time of the offense. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0775/Sections/0775.15.html

More info: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0800-0899/0837/Sections/0837.02.html

That would be awesome but I don't see it happening. Ashton seems to think Cindy Anthony is in denial and IMO is way more forgiving than Linda Drane Burdick would be.

If she were SA, I think Cindy would have something to worry about.

The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page
Just scheduled Jeff with Dr. G on Dr. Drew tonight live!

JVM is absolutely MOCKING JA on her show for announcing his run. She sounds horrible.

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations is for perjury? Wouldn't that be a kicker if JA went after CA? Remember, it was the SA (LL) decision to not charge her.
From what I have found online...it appears to be 3 years from the time of the offense. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0775/Sections/0775.15.html

More info: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0800-0899/0837/Sections/0837.02.html

Now that would be KARMA! She so deserves a few years in the slammer for all her lies! Especially the new one "Casey is getting healthy"...

I would love to be in FL and vote for him. Too bad I can't. I think he would be a great states attorney! Jeff Ashton rocks!

BTW - I just ordered his book and can't wait to read it.

That's because she and Baez are 'homies.'

I know that, but it was pathetic. I couldn't believe what I was watching. She was like how could he run for this office, when he lost the biggest case ever. As if a man of truth, dignity and justice was the cause of what happened. It was disgraceful.

I know that, but it was pathetic. I couldn't believe what I was watching. She was like how could he run for this office, when he lost the biggest case ever. As if a man of truth, dignity and justice was the cause of what happened. It was disgraceful.

It's statements like that that make you wonder how she ever got her own show???? jmo

I agree but what was funny is that none of her panel agreed with her and felt like he had a good chance of getting elected. I loved watching her squirm. :floorlaugh:

It's statements like that that make you wonder how she ever got her own show???? jmo

I wonder about that each and every time she clutters up my tv screen, Lamb Chop! Cannot. Stand. Her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowan1978
Back