Jerry Sandusky sentenced to 30-60 years in 2012 *Appeal denied 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Clinton County caseworker who broke open the Sandusky child sex scandal
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...roke_open_the_Sandusky_child_sex_scandal.html

LOCK HAVEN, Pa. - Six years after her interview with a teenage boy set off one of the most explosive criminal cases in state history, Jessica Dershem still works in the same windowless office in her hometown.

Dershem, a 32-year-old caseworker with the Clinton County Children and Youth Services department, investigates custody disputes and claims of child abuse and neglect. She handles 12, maybe 15, cases each year. Most never make the news - because they don't involve someone like Jerry Sandusky.

In the rush of sometimes-global news coverage of the former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach's arrest and conviction on child sex-abuse charges, Dershem's role barely registered a footnote.

This one is really disturbing.
The meeting, and Sandusky's evasiveness, further cemented Dershem's belief that Fisher was telling the truth. The report she filed with the state said her office had determined Sandusky abused the boy.

His evasiveness raises red flags. An all too common characteristic of criminals I see.

A Pennsylvania judge is considering whether to order a hearing where Jerry Sandusky's lawyers can question witnesses about defense claims that the former Penn State assistant football coach was unfairly convicted of child molestation.

(...)

The hour-long hearing involved several issues. Among them: a prosecutor's statement at the close of trial that one of the 10 victims was known only to God, and whether prosecutors leaked news of the grand jury investigation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerry-sandusky-presses-appeal-wants-to-question-ex-lawyers/

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html

[BA new bombshell dropped in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal Thursday.

It came in the form of a line in a court order on a related insurance coverage case involving Penn State, and its ramifications can't immediately be gauged.

But that line was eye-popping in itself.

The line in question states that one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky."][/B]

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html

[BA new bombshell dropped in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal Thursday.

It came in the form of a line in a court order on a related insurance coverage case involving Penn State, and its ramifications can't immediately be gauged.

But that line was eye-popping in itself.

The line in question states that one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky."][/B]

It has been nearly 5 years since Jerry Sandusky was arrested. The more this case is getting deeper, the more disturbing it gets. I suspect there are more even before 1976. :sick: :puke:

It has been nearly 5 years since Jerry Sandusky was arrested. The more this case is getting deeper, the more disturbing it gets. I suspect there are more even before 1976. :sick: :puke:

CNN has reported that Paterno told a victim not to pursue charges against Sandusky in 1971.

NBC has reported that a total of 6 additional coaches saw Sandusky doing something improper with a child between the late 1970's and the mid-1990's.

CNN has reported that Paterno told a victim not to pursue charges against Sandusky in 1971.

NBC has reported that a total of 6 additional coaches saw Sandusky doing something improper with a child between the late 1970's and the mid-1990's.

Sandusky victim: Joe Paterno told me to drop abuse accusation
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-sandusky-victims-paterno-penn-state/

Joe Paterno Knew of Sandusky Abuse Allegations as Early as 1976, Insurance Company Claims
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...egations-early-1976-insurance-company-n569066

Frankly, I am not surprised by this. I would not be surprised Joe Paterno knew when Jerry Sandusky started in 1969.

Sandusky victim: Joe Paterno told me to drop abuse accusation
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-sandusky-victims-paterno-penn-state/

Joe Paterno Knew of Sandusky Abuse Allegations as Early as 1976, Insurance Company Claims
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...egations-early-1976-insurance-company-n569066

Frankly, I am not surprised by this. I would not be surprised Joe Paterno knew when Jerry Sandusky started in 1969.

Some of those accusations are not particularly solid.

The ones that may be most important are the NBC report that six assistant coaches saw Sandusky acting inappropriately with young boys.

Kinda related to Jerry Sandusky, but more of what I noticed. I wonder if anyone here watches Investigation Discovery.

I saw this show on Investigation Discovery's Web Of Lies about the Megan Meier case. If you recall, she was the girl was harassed to suicide in 2006 instigated by a mother, Lori Drew.
http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...ion_04ba6500-017a-11e1-9cac-0019bb30f31a.html

WEB OF LIES: Deadly Cyberbullying Case of Missouri Teen Unravelled Tonight on ID (Video Preview)
http://tvruckus.com/2015/01/28/web-...-teen-unravelled-tonight-on-id-video-preview/

When I saw that show, I thought Lori Drew had a lot in common with Jerry Sandusky. Both are highly narcissistic and immature. They are emotionally stunted and act like overgrown children. Sandusky and Drew are very predatory and deceptive as they are psychopaths. They are very controlling in nature. Both are highly sociable and like to brag a lot. Lori Drew bragged about her scheme to other people, mainly her clients, when she ran her now defunct coupon business.

St. Charles County cyberbullying case takes national spotlight
http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_f8c51150-93ac-5a06-8417-af8110f83d5b.html

There are differences between the Jerry Sandusky and Lori Drew. Sandusky is not a grudge holder and he is very grandiose. Drew is an injustice collector and has a huge ego. Sandusky has a cult of character, while Drew is obsessed about being accepted and liked. She is a vicarious injustice collector as she saw her daughter, Sarah, a victim of bullying and various injustices. Drew obsesses and fears abandonment and rejection, which is a cruel injustice to her. She is also consumed by self-hatred, which does not consume Sandusky.

Websleuth Radio Interview Of Tina Meier describing Lori Drew
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

The mother of the victim, Tina Meier, describes Lori Drew as a constant complainer who is unhappy and bitter. It is at 20:40 mark in the radio interview. That does not characterize Jerry Sandusky from what I can tell. Drew is hyper sensitive in nature. Tina Meier's description of Lori Drew more describes the likes of Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Vester Flanagan, Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook, Osama bin Laden, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Lori Drew has characteristics I have seen in school shooters, spree killers, and terrorists.

Injustice collector aside, Jerry Sandusky and Lori Drew share a lot in common as they are narcissistic predators.

So what happens to the 11 that weren't dismissed?

Those will go to the hearing and then the judge will decide if any are valid reasons to set aside the conviction. Some of them are very weak, including if the prosecutors "believed" that A. M. was Victim 2.

So far, the leak issue has been a dead end, with Kane testifying previously that there was no leak. In PA, it is permitted for witnesses to talk about their own testimony publicly. It is also clear that, when Ganim first story ran, she knew about Victim 1 and Victim 6, but the grand jury (and associated people) knew that was a second victim from 1998, B. K. , because he was the same police report with Victim 6.

The OAG could, if it would need to, produce a witness that was aware of the second 1998 victim (B. K.) and did not get from the grand jury; it is documented, and I have seen it. In other words, there were sources outside of the grand jury that had some of the information and could have given it to Ganim.

The remainder deals with things Amendola did or didn't do, such as the Costas interview (which Sandusky wanted to do) and not calling Sandusky as a witness.

Jul 12 2016, 11:44 am ET

Jerry Sandusky Accuser: Joe Paterno Ignored 1970s Abuse Claim

by Hannah Rappleye, Tom Winter and Tracy Connor

A man who claims he was abused by Jerry Sandusky in the 1970s says he told Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno what happened the next day and got the brush-off, according to court papers unsealed on Tuesday.

The man, identified only as John Doe 150, said in a 2014 deposition that Sandusky molested him in a shower with a half-dozen other boys present.

The next day he went to speak to Paterno, who invited him to walk with him to a meeting, and he told him what Sandusky had done...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...joe-paterno-ignored-1970s-abuse-claim-n607861

Jul 12 2016, 11:44 am ET

Jerry Sandusky Accuser: Joe Paterno Ignored 1970s Abuse Claim

by Hannah Rappleye, Tom Winter and Tracy Connor

A man who claims he was abused by Jerry Sandusky in the 1970s says he told Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno what happened the next day and got the brush-off, according to court papers unsealed on Tuesday.

The man, identified only as John Doe 150, said in a 2014 deposition that Sandusky molested him in a shower with a half-dozen other boys present.

The next day he went to speak to Paterno, who invited him to walk with him to a meeting, and he told him what Sandusky had done...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...joe-paterno-ignored-1970s-abuse-claim-n607861

This is not surprising, given what we have already heard about deaf ears being turned at later points. Where I do feel strongly is for Paterno's family, who issued a statement in response, essentially discounting the current claims as unfounded.

While I have a fair amount of empathy for the family in dealing with a husband and father of heroic proportions being implicated in something horrific, I do believe that they are operating from a point of denial.

This entire situation reminds me of ethics, the culture of fear of reporting and retaliation. If I had seen Sandusky, acting too "friendly" with a group of boys, would I have just minded my own business? Would I have mentioned it to Paterno, as something that made me uncomfortable?

Child predators are complete sociopaths, and usually the friendliest, most gregarious of people. This cheerful bonhomie is their cover. They are so wonderful that they even make their victims feel guilty for even thinking about reporting their perpetrators.

I have no doubt Paterno knew Sandusky was creepy, and chose to not think he was an actual homosexual child rapist. He just didn't want to go "there", until Sandusky was forced to leave.

Joe Paterno was fired in November 2011 and died in January 2012. Up until he got fired he was so loved. In Penn State he was glorified and celebrated and elsewhere he was respected. He lived 2 months of shame. Nothing compared to the lifetime Sandusky's victims have to deal with. Evil was allowed to flourish because a "good man" did nothing. I do not feel bad for Paterno's family at this point. They are choosing to ignore the truth. They had years and years of success, money and adoration as a result of Joe Paterno's legendary status and all the while he knew a predator was in his midst and ignored, denied and covered it up. He basically gave him a golden opportunity to have many victims. Disgusting.

None of this is surprising if you consider the response of the Catholic Church to predator priests. These priests were moved around, sent for some kind of time-out rehab, and recycled to molest again. This response to child molestation reflects both an ignorance about the nature and seriousness of sexual abuse and a willingness to protect an institution at the expense of individual children and their families. Paterno's response seems to be in the same mode. He protected his university and his program, which was at a peak of success during the Sandusky years. Eventually, he pushed Sandusky out; I've always thought JS crossed some line that Paterno could not tolerate and he was out at Penn State but shifted his base to Second Mile and used his connections to PSU to groom those kids.

To take this notion a step further, how is this response to child sexual abuse any different from the way that universities downplay and cover up and excuse rape on campus? And who has initiated an investigation into whether former Speaker of the House continued to molest kids after he left his wrestling coach career and went into politics? We're supposed to think he just stopped that behavior? I'm no fan of PSU in general, but it's not helpful to look at this case as if PSU is the problem and not just an instance of a widespread problem of pedophiles using their positions to molest kids and getting away with it until they are no longer powerful or relevant.

I believe Paterno protected his university but he also protected himself and his legacy. His family is continuing to do so, and that is wrong. This is very common behavior among athletes. Bad behavior is excused and denied, hidden because they can throw a ball or swim really fast. It is certainly widespread but that is no excuse.

The point I made above is that this is not just about "athletes," who were not the molesters in this case. A coach was. And other people enabled him. In other cases involving rape, hazing, assault, and other bad behavior, athletes have too often been given a pass (Aaron Hernandez comes to mind). But they are just people tied to institutions with the power to protect them or tied to individuals with that power and some money. Nothing will change unless institutions are held to account; otherwise, the individual guilty actors are "punished" or see their reputations tarnished but the structures and power relationships that allowed them to be predators don't change. Look at the history in the House of Representative--individuals are outed for their predatory behavior but give a few years and we find another predator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout
Back