"Jersey" and MW #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find odd is that instead of searching for the real kidnapper of Lisa,
Stanton is searching for someone to make up the kidnapper of Lisa.

Jersey's situation reminds me of Richard Ricci from the Elizabeth Smart case.
He was automatically considered guilty of the crime by LE and public opinion because he had a record. In the end, he died (some say stress related), and Brian David Mittchell was found guilty of the crime.

Good comparison of Jersey to Ricci. mmo

bbm

Good comparison of Jersey to Ricci. mmo

bbm

But couldn't Jersey also be compared to the Smart's hired handyman, who actually did the kidnapping? They do have some things in common.

The reason I have a hard time with the comparison on the Smart case is that in that case - an actual abduction did ocur, whereas, the majority of posters seem to have decided pretty early on in Lisa's case that there was no abduction at all.

So if we start comparing Jersey to Mr. Ricci, does that then mean we are willing to admit at least the possibility that an abduction ocurred?

The reason I have a hard time with the comparison on the Smart case is that in that case - an actual abduction did ocur, whereas, the majority of posters seem to have decided pretty early on in Lisa's case that there was no abduction at all.

So if we start comparing Jersey to Mr. Ricci, does that then mean we are willing to admit at least the possibility that an abduction ocurred?

I can't speak for anyone else tl, but until there is an arrest and some evidence to view, I am open to both an inside job and an abduction (or a combination with only one parent involved). Based on what we do know, I am suspicious of a couple of different scenarios. That could change as more facts become available. JMO...

But couldn't Jersey also be compared to the Smart's hired handyman, who actually did the kidnapping? They do have some things in common.

Anything is possible, imo. For the Smarts though, they told LE about all of the handyman and homeless folks that they had working at the house and who would know the layout, etc... We haven't heard anything from the Irwin/Bradley camp to suggest Jersey was familiar with the family or the house. Captain Young says one of the questions they still need answered to LE's satisfaction is regarding comings and goings from the house. I think it's wide open as to whether Jersey ever had any interaction whatsoever with the family. I'd sure love to know though!

I for one cannot be counted in this majority. I do not know what happened but there has been no show stopper to make me believe there was not an abduction or that the parents are involved in any way. jmo

What I find odd is that instead of searching for the real kidnapper of Lisa, Stanton is searching for someone to make up the kidnapper of Lisa.

Jersey's situation reminds me of Richard Ricci from the Elizabeth Smart case. He was automatically considered guilty of the crime by LE and public opinion because he had a record. In the end, he died (some say stress related), and Brian David Mittchell was found guilty of the crime.

Just spinning off of your post. I know a PP already brought this up. But if I was the parent here, and I know I wasn't involved in the disappearance of my baby, I would be beyond pizzzed at JP and he would be fired immediately.

If the triple heresy story had any truth to it and I was holding out hope that my baby was still alive, he very likely just killed her, or at the very least tipped off whoever was involved to the point that they would take her very deep underground and she would never be found. :furious:

Even if JP didn't think the story was true, all of the above would still apply.

I will patiently await the parent's reaction. I think it will be VERY telling.

All MOO

I could buy that if Lisa was a 14yr old girl.

We know why Mitchell took Smart. Jersey wouldn't have the same motive for taking a 10month old baby. JMHO

MOO

Just spinning off of your post. I know a PP already brought this up. But if I was the parent here, and I know I wasn't involved in the disappearance of my baby, I would be beyond pizzzed at JP and he would be fired immediately.

If the triple heresy story had any truth to it and I was holding out hope that my baby was still alive, he very likely just killed her, or at the very least tipped off whoever was involved to the point that they would take her very deep underground and she would never be found. :furious:

Even if JP didn't think the story was true, all of the above would still apply.

I will patiently await the parent's reaction. I think it will be VERY telling.

All MOO

For some reason, maybe because there has been no reaction to this from parents or LE, I think this is very old news. Also have not seen it reported anywhere else. I have been out of the country though so I may have missed it. It is just something I would think the girl would have reported early on to her mother. jmo

I'm starting to wonder why if Jersey is thought to be capable of kidnapping (and possibly killing) a baby, why was he so welcome around the neighborhood? I'm wondering if most of the neighbors felt that way about him, or if he became a convenient scapegoat after the fact.

I'm starting to wonder why if Jersey is thought to be capable of kidnapping (and possibly killing) a baby, why was he so welcome around the neighborhood? I'm wondering if most of the neighbors felt that way about him, or if he became a convenient scapegoat after the fact.

I had not read or heard that Jersey was welcome around the neighborhood. Only that he was noticed around the neighborhood. Also I doubt if he advertised the fact that he had a criminal background to the neighbors. We do know however that the police had been called several times by a neighbor for breaking and entering a certain home. jmo

Welcome? I have only heard around here "good riddance". The only ones who let him work on their property are ones that did not know he had a criminal background. When they learned of it, he was no longer allowed around.

I am curious about the same. Right now, I can see Jersey either not being involved at all or being involved with phone disposal and/or dumpster fire (with or without knowing of any tie in to Lisa's abduction). This is my opinion only based on nothing suggesting a motive or any evidence that Jersey would abduct a child, while considering that he does have history with arson and stolen items (which doesn't mean he is involved with these phones or this fire, just a possibility in my mind). JMO...

In regards to the neighbors, sounds like they knew he was a little shady and liked him okay anyway, according to Mary Hurt. In Da Middle says LE was called a few times on him for squatting on another street, but others very nearby still hired him for handyman work (either there was no word of mouth or others chose to continue using his services anyway). ETA: Just saw In Da Middle's post above that she's heard his services weren't used by folks once they found out about his background.

Reference link - NANCY GRACE 10/31/11 (JVM filling in for Nancy):
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, what do you know about Jersey? What are your thoughts about him? I understand that he is behind bars on a burglary charge of some sort. But again, he`s not considered a suspect in this case. But do you have any thoughts about him, his character, his personality?

HURT: Well, he definitely was suspicious and kind of shady, I would say. He kind of comes out of nowhere. He never is specific on where he`s been or where he`s going. You kind of see him around the neighborhood and just pop in and talk. He was always friendly, but he definitely let us know in the last probably week before all of this happened that he was wanted for an outstanding warrant that he had for his arrest, which was kind of a shock to us. So definitely...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/31/ng.01.html

I had not read or heard that Jersey was welcome around the neighborhood. Only that he was noticed around the neighborhood. Also I doubt if he advertised the fact that he had a criminal background to the neighbors. We do know however that the police had been called several times by a neighbor for breaking and entering a certain home. jmo

What amazes me is that he told people in the neighborhood that police had a warrant for his arrest (per neighbor Hurt) and neighbors viewed him as "shady"(per neighbor Hurt), but no one reported him to the police.

Welcome? I have only heard around here "good riddance". The only ones who let him work on their property are ones that did not know he had a criminal background. When they learned of it, he was no longer allowed around.

Thanks, I was confused by the stories of him being a handyman, and working on people's property in the area.

Now that's a good question Tuffy. I have a feeling as IMOO :) that Jersey isn't looked at that way by people in the neighborhood at all.

We have a guy who wonders around our neighborhood looking for work, he isn't welcome but we can only call the cops if he harasses us. He knows not to come knocking on our door but when we first moved in he did. He is strung out and has been arrested for petty crimes but we can't do anything about him wondering around or if he finds someone who needs cheap labor and hires him for lawn work. Sometimes you just end up with those people around, guy creeps me out and I wish he would move on to another neighborhood. He is always trying to wave and talk to my daughter,asking for food or trying to talk to people. My husband finally had to tell him off and we bought a no trespassing sign. We are in the middle of city limits in a subdivision with around 3/4 of the houses with no trespassing signs because of one person. Not much else you can do I can't control if other people pity him and give him work or just want the cheap labor.

I can't speak for anyone else tl, but until there is an arrest and some evidence to view, I am open to both an inside job and an abduction (or a combination with only one parent involved). Based on what we do know, I am suspicious of a couple of different scenarios. That could change as more facts become available. JMO...

Yours is the sensible position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member