"Jersey" and MW

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps... please do not bring rumors to websleuths... and please do not discuss facebook of the neighbors... thanks

I beleive the glo worm and blanket were in the babys room NOT in the room were the dog "hit". so I don't know what that has to do with it!

In this case I believe the cadaver hit WAS worthless yes!...and I believe LE thinks so to hence leaving THE CARPET DOWN!!!:crazy:

I can tell you are firmly on the mom did it bandwagon and you are determined to beleive a dead body was on the floor next to the bed..so I will repectfully step away from trying to persuade you otherwise.:innocent:

BBM

OK, we won't get past our conflict on the worth of the cadaver dog hit, so let's agree to disagree.

Soulscape requesting JI's confirmed date of birth in in the Q & A thread. Does anyone have this info?

Are you a crime scene investigator? Do you know how they work? I don't claim to know how they work crime scenes, but I do know that in their search warrant document they stated a cadaver dog hit on the floor of the bedroom, in the area of the bed. I don't think it was a typo, and I don't think it was a dumb oversight that they didn't take the carpet. There's a reason they didn't take the carpet... we just don't know what it is. My guess it that the blanket and glo-worm were on the floor in that spot.

Well MY guess is that the cadaver hit was manipulated (using a less-trained dog, perhaps.) Everyone agrees that the success rate of the dog is directly associated to the skill of the trainer. So the reason the carpet wasn't taken was because LE knew there was nothing there. They just got the "hit" to have PC to get the search warrant.

So we both have different guesses. I guess that means that neither of them can be considered correct?

BBM

OK, we won't get past our conflict on the worth of the cadaver dog hit, so let's agree to disagree.

IMO, I don't think it's worthless, I also don't think it's a 100% guarantee that a dead body was in that room.

Megan Wright went from being "it's complicated" to "single."
October 23 at 1:35am

2 people like this.

And I dont have her password but that is the date she became single.

Is this on FB? Can you link me to her FB (if the mods will allow it) TIA!

If you had no reason to make a call and were told the phones were restricted, why would you make sure? Especially if you think the phones are restricted because you know you didn't pay the bill.

Just out of curiosity, I would HAVE to try that phone to see, but that's just me.

IMO, I don't think it's worthless, I also don't think it's a 100% guarantee that a dead body was in that room.

I agree it's not 100%, city, but this is where I'm puttin' my money. :rocker:

please attack the post respectfully.... not the poster... if you are using "you" in your post this is a good way to go back and check your own posts. This is one of the rules in our terms of service here at websleuths.. so everyone go back and self edit please and keep the rules in mind...

Wasn't it an FBI cadaver dog that was used??? Big high profile case of a missing and possibly murdered baby receiving national attention, I would bet it would be one of the best.

Just out of curiosity, I would HAVE to try that phone to see, but that's just me.

Same here and I've thought that all along. You know you're gonna think, "Hmm...let's just see if they remembered to cut it off." I canceled cable, switched to satellite, and the cable guys still forgot to close my service. Never know.

Forgive me...this is getting silly now. You do Know that carpet was on the floor ..right?!

Yes, I do. I don't know that the carpet was what was hit on. Its entirely possible the comforter was on the floor, and that is what was hit on.

Well MY guess is that the cadaver hit was manipulated (using a less-trained dog, perhaps.) Everyone agrees that the success rate of the dog is directly associated to the skill of the trainer. So the reason the carpet wasn't taken was because LE knew there was nothing there. They just got the "hit" to have PC to get the search warrant.

So we both have different guesses. I guess that means that neither of them can be considered correct?

BBM

Not sure about that. I appreciate what you're saying, but that doesn't really make sense IMO.

take cadaver dog discussion here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7311401#post7311401"]Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] as this is the jersey and MW thread... thanks

Wasn't is an FBI cadaver dog that was used??? Big high profile case of a missing and possibly murdered baby receiving national attention, I would bet it would be one of the best.

True, if they were really looking for a body. But if they were just looking for an easy way to get probable cause, to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant, they would not have wanted "the best" dog. They would want one that was known for making false positive hits. I am pretty sure that they have access to each type, and will use the appropriate one at the appropriate time. Oh, and that would also explain why they really really wanted the search warrant sealed.

TBH That doesn't mean much at all!....Only one dog hit and when they went back in ..no hit!....no carpet was removed and it is WELL reported on the high failure rate of cadaver dogs. I wish people would stop taking it as gospel that a body was next to the bed!?!:banghead:
BBM
:waitasec: Well reported where? Our resident SAR experts certainly haven't said so. Deb Komar is a Canadian forensic anthropologist who did a several month long study on the accuracy of 8 HRD teams - the result was an 81% recovery rate. While I concede every dog is different based on training I do not agree they have a high failure rate - quite the opposite, in fact.

I can't access the Komar study (it's in the Journal of Forensic Anthropology) but here is a media article previously posted in the HRD thread that cites a 94-98% detection rate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...uth-behind-the-crimescene-canines-835047.html

I am way behind so I apologize if all this has already been hashed out, but regarding the alleged 8:30 call to MW phone, 8:30 pm in military time is 2030. Maybe that is where the 2:30 time came from (a mixup of numbers or something). Just a thought...

That's actually a pretty good theory. I had never heard anyone else suggest that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay