jessica files for divorce

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, and it was definitely something my dad would never say about his daughters! Sheesh!

For a minister. Truly sick. What father would say that? SICKO!

Thanks for reading my post!:razz:

I'm so surprised that in this day and age where just about anything goes that what Jessica's dad said about her breasts would raise eyebrows and have tongues wagging. As much of a prude as I can be it didn't offend me at all. I guess because one would have to be a blind man to not observe Jessica's magnificent body and her daddy ain't blind! I'm not jumping on anyone at all for your opinion about this so please don't think that. We live in a world where it's difficult to find peeps who are very, very careful with their words. What daddy said was simply the truth.

IMO, that's the problem...there seems to be too much tolerance in respect to some things and it just grows (no pun intended) and grows to where ANYTHING GOES and I think there ends up being little or no morals anymore for anyone. Jessica (and her family) are watched by people of all ages and I think they need to remember that. JMO.
luvahgirl said:
I'm so surprised that in this day and age where just about anything goes that what Jessica's dad said about her breasts would raise eyebrows and have tongues wagging. As much of a prude as I can be it didn't offend me at all. I guess because one would have to be a blind man to not observe Jessica's magnificent body and her daddy ain't blind! I'm not jumping on anyone at all for your opinion about this so please don't think that. We live in a world where it's difficult to find peeps who are very, very careful with their words. What daddy said was simply the truth.

I think it's way too late for us to expect anything moral and what some of us would call "Christlike" from this bunch. All that went by the wayside with fame and fortune. I don't expect anything more from them - perhaps less though!

luvahgirl said:
I guess because one would have to be a blind man to not observe Jessica's magnificent body and her daddy ain't blind! .
she may have a nice body but its not the daddy's place to comment on that, its kinda creepy...Saying your child is beautiful is one thing but come on, you dont need to comment on the private parts, geeze, thats sick IMO....

I agree and they should know where to draw the line!
michelle said:
she may have a nice body but its not the daddy's place to comment on that, its kinda creepy...Saying your child is beautiful is one thing but come on, you dont need to comment on the private parts, geeze, thats sick IMO....

I really don't think the words came from a sick man. He just did the much too common mistake of dishing out TMI about his girl.

T'sNana said:
I agree and they should know where to draw the line!
yea really i mean take an average person and let them talk about there childs private parts and how nice they are, what would they be???? a pervert!!

The dad completely aside here I'm very bummed to hear about another marriage breaking up. That grieves me more than anything. It's very sad and I had great hope for this union. It saddens me that marriages are tossed so easily.

luvahgirl said:
The dad completely aside here I'm very bummed to hear about another marriage breaking up. That grieves me more than anything. It's very sad and I had great hope for this union. It saddens me that marriages are tossed so easily.
i agree, people today seem like they just dont care...

luvahgirl said:
And from someone who valued herself and marriage enough to be a virgin until her wedding night, but didn't value the marriage enough to hold a more important value - staying together. Now - it's both their faults, I'm sure, but she filed. My hubby and I may not have waited for our wedding - in fact we even lived in sin for a while - but our marriage has lasted longer than theirs!

The saving grace in all this is that they didn't have kids. Those are the divorces that just drive me up a wall - if you don't have kids, you're only impacting yourselves and maybe immediate family, plus you really can walk away.

I also have to mention that Nick did not observe one of my cardinal rules prior to marriage - you have to be sure that both people have already made a clean break from their parents and are independent. IMHO, Jessica was too young and too controlled by her parents to really be a viable candidate for marriage. Either she was going to shift dependency totally to Nick, or she was going to continue to depend on her parents - either way you're not getting a whole person.

Ang50 said:
And from someone who valued herself and marriage enough to be a virgin until her wedding night, but didn't value the marriage enough to hold a more important value - staying together. Now - it's both their faults, I'm sure, but she filed. My hubby and I may not have waited for our wedding - in fact we even lived in sin for a while - but our marriage has lasted longer than theirs!

The saving grace in all this is that they didn't have kids. Those are the divorces that just drive me up a wall - if you don't have kids, you're only impacting yourselves and maybe immediate family, plus you really can walk away.
yea i was very surprised considering she did save herself, which we really dont know that we are going on heresay but i do think she waited, i am surprised by her filing though....

michelle said:
yea i was very surprised considering she did save herself, which we really dont know that we are going on heresay but i do think she waited, i am surprised by her filing though....
I believe her - doesn't really matter - but I do believe it - and I think that her virginity was another creepy-ish comment that came from her dad.

I just think it's interesting that you can feel so strongly about one issue, and put yourself out there on it, and then not have enough conviction to stick it out in the marriage - the ENTIRE reason for saving yourself. I really think that the more fame and success and attention she got, and the sexing herself up, led her further from her true self and morals, and she has lost her way a little bit. I don't know much about Nick, but on the show he seemed very supportive, down-to-earth, and although he could be condescending towards her, I don't think he downgraded her. I did think that having her friend move in and live with them was a death knell for the marriage.

Ang50 said:
I believe her - doesn't really matter - but I do believe it - and I think that her virginity was another creepy-ish comment that came from her dad.

LOL, thats too funny he is creepy!!!!

Jessica saving herself for marriage was kind of undermined when she chose to all but act like a *advertiser censored* actress in "these boots were made for walkin" video (a perfectly good song that she ruined, btw). It was just as bad and inappropriate as the Paris Hilton commercial, almost identical. Jessica didn't get the flack for hers like Paris did, I guess it's because Jessica was a virgin more recently than Paris. :rolleyes:

I don't care if she decided to make a slutty/sexy video, but she was the one who in the beginning of her career made concious choices not to. She started out as a Christian singer, the virginity thing, in the early years she dressed to cover herself up, not flaunt everything. Now maybe she's more comfortable and confident, but I read it as just chasing money and forgetting where you came from, esp. in light of the divorce.

(BTW - it's really weird, but my husband's sister, who was NOT a pop star, was totally like this. She was Suzy Homemaker, always dressed modestly, very religious - Catholic - married at 21 (virgin) with a child shortly after. I guess she got dissatisfied, and began an affair. She bleached her hair, wore skimpy clothes, started listening to 80's metal music, became a totally different person, and not for the better.)

Ang50 said:

I also have to mention that Nick did not observe one of my cardinal rules prior to marriage - you have to be sure that both people have already made a clean break from their parents and are independent. IMHO, Jessica was too young and too controlled by her parents to really be a viable candidate for marriage. Either she was going to shift dependency totally to Nick, or she was going to continue to depend on her parents - either way you're not getting a whole person.

This last paragraph is so true.

OneLostGrl said:
In divorce papers, Nick Lachey is seeking spousal support from Jessica Simpson, and he wants his jewelry back...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-02-18-lacheysimpson_x.htm?csp=27

:clap: :clap: Good for him! Jessica's success is a direct result of "Newlyweds", which would not have existed without Nick. If it had been Nick who had the greater success and he dumped Jessica, then she would have been entitled to his earnings.

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back