JLM Charged in the Hannah Graham Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GRAHAM CASE DRIVES CAMPUS SECURITY CONCERN
Peggy Fox, WUSA*9
8:42 pm edt, August 21 '15

Parent of new student says

"We reemphasize [the whole buddy system], do not leave a friend alone. ... It's okay to tell them, "'If you've had too much too drink, maybe we should leave,'"

[... campus security suggest]

download a safety app and to make sure to always have their cell phones charged and with them

[... Gil Harrington emphasizes]

"Look out for one another, if you see an unsafe situation, please intervene," Harrington said.

[...]

~

I was in the courtroom for yesterday's hearings (seated directly in front of Gil Harrington) and thought the same. Without his beard, JM looks younger and less potentially menacing. WTOP's headline is inaccurate and contradicted by the first line of their own story. JM will continue to wear jail apparel to court hearings only when no jurors are present....

Style still seems to be an issue with him, something he'd like to control, considering the motions, just like his first court appearance in Texas, it's all about what he gets to put on. Seems like a mind set with a complete lack of remorse, any iota of cognizance of what he has done that's been proven (rape) or of what he faces (capital murder). At this point, it seems a feint to think that appearances have any significance in his case.

Investigator: Jesse Matthew had map for Mexico
Peggy Fox, WUSA*9 speaks with Gil Harrington and one of his supporters if you let the video continue to the next segment, who speaks about appearances, from the 10:20 pm edt August 20, '15 broadcast.

Shackled, but no gag: Judge denies most Jesse Matthew motions
Lisa Provence, C-VILLE Weekly
8/21/15, 3:14 pm

[... He]

shuffled into Albemarle Circuit Court in a greenish-gray jail jumpsuit, leg shackles and a belly chain that attached his handcuffed wrists to the middle of his torso.

[...]

Of the 12 motions, most of which were denied, “I didn’t see anything that shocked me,” said legal expert David Heilberg. “Those motions are pretty standard. The atmosphere in a capital courtroom is a sensitive matter if it goes to trial.”

A four-week trial is scheduled to begin on July 5, 2016.

Powerful writing.
Never mind J.M's " good behavior in jail " it should be about how he behaves outside of jail. imo.

It does, and that was the point in court last week that JM was headed for Mexico last year after "voluntarily" stopping by the Charlottesville Police Department. The Defense was trying to show that he merited lesser restrictions when he came to court because he hadn't tried to escape in Northern Virginia when he was there for the previous trial for which he pled no contest. The judge was clearly not swayed by that defense argument nor many others...

Jesse Matthew lawyers request names, addresses of grand jury members behind Hannah Graham murder indictment
By Mike Bergazzi & Laura French, WTVR
6:25 pm , September 10 '15

[... if he is]

convicted of Graham's murder, prosecutors will seek the death penalty. [His] lawyers said prosecutors would argue [he] would likely be violent in prison should he receive a life sentence. His lawyers believe an expert may be able to convince a jury that the risk of [his] committing acts of violence while serving a life prison sentence would be low.

~

New motions filed in Jesse Matthew capital murder case
WVIR/WSLS September 11 '15, 5:33 am

[...]

Commonwealth’s Attorney Denise Lunsford has two weeks to respond to the motions. She did not file any motions in this round.

The motions will be argued at a hearing on September 30.

updated: https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham?fref=photo

Wait- I am not even sure where to post this!! Did anyone see the commercial for the new season of 48 Hours starting Sept 26? It is about Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy and Morgan Harrington- all having been killed (or at least connected) by Jesse Matthews! I did not know Alexis was linked to them by him! It said DNA connected 3 separate cases. Are they not talking about Alexis? What did I miss? Help me!

Mpnola check the HSTNG facebook page and you will see.

Charlottesville community gathers Sunday to remember Hannah Graham
NBC12
Sep 13 '15 10:15 am edt

http://wtvr.com/tag/hannah-elizabeth-graham/

Time (for me at times), feels like a joke... this blur that has passed between now and the place I remain in my heart, attached to all I feel there, infinitely. A year after Hannah Graham's cruel death, it's good to know she strikes the same chord for me and it is a gift to have shared some of this time here with you.

A poem that came up last night thinking of this year.

Wait- I am not even sure where to post this!! Did anyone see the commercial for the new season of 48 Hours starting Sept 26? It is about Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy and Morgan Harrington- all having been killed (or at least connected) by Jesse Matthews! I did not know Alexis was linked to them by him! It said DNA connected 3 separate cases. Are they not talking about Alexis? What did I miss? Help me!

I thought that they had cleared Jesse Matthew (through DNA) of any involvement in the Alexis Murphy case. Randy Allan Taylor was convicted in her case and is currently serving time. When "RAT" (the apt moniker for convicted perp Randy Allen Taylor) was first under suspicion for her disappearance, he professed his own innocence, but alleged that Alexis' companion, a black, corn-rowed man who visited RAT's trailer with her the night she disappeared, was responsible. This individual was investigated, and ultimately cleared, because he was in Texas at the time (visiting relatives, I think).

But it all came flooding back to me with Hannah Graham's case -- the fact that Jesse Matthew was found in Texas, and extradited back to VA -- makes me wonder: is there some link? Maybe a weak one, some would say, but what is it with Texas?

Is there some evidence that links Jesse Matthew to Alexis Murphy's disappearance/murder?

I definitely think "RAT" is responsible for Samantha Clarke's (Sept. 2010) disappearance (presumed murdered). Like Alexis, Samantha's remains have not been found. RAT, who had access to an ATV, and knew the surrounding woodlands like the back of his hand, would have been well-equipped to dispose of a body where it would never be found.

And I think RAT may have some Route 29 stalker involvement, too. But that's another theory of mine. I think he was acquainted with and apprenticed to the original "Route 29 Stalker" through Navy service (again, we've never been able to determine if RAT was in the Navy -- but I think he definitely was).
Please, these are my opinions only! So don't think that any of these ruminations of mine are factual!

We are now half-way through September 2015, :leaf2: and I don't think any young women have disappeared here in Virginia. (But, I think I saw something today about a student at Radford University having gone missing?) Does that fact have anything to do with RAT and Jesse Matthew both being incarcerated? I'm sure it does.

(MOOooooo!):cow:

My guess is that the three cases are: Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham, and the Fairfax rape (I don't think we ever learned the name of the victim). I know that those three cases were connected by DNA. I will be interested to see/hear what 48 Hours has to say about Alexis Murphy. Randy Allen Taylor is in prison for her murder. There has been speculation that JLM was involved, but I thought that theory had been investigated and discarded.

Ahhh, of course!! Thank you for the mind refresher!

I just found it interesting that they mention Alexis in the trailer and she is part of the show. I, for one, am excited to watch. I love hearing insider info straight from the sources!

Look!! Here is the link to a newstory that shows the show trailer--- watch the video!

http://wtvr.com/2015/09/13/48-hours-hannah-graham-case-sept-26/

[video=youtube;DCMlthpwJKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=DCMlthpwJKw[/video]

via Laura French CBS6/48 Hours
here

Thank you very much, mpnola. Much to anticipate here. That's less than two weeks away.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-podcast-the-hannah-graham-story/

Listen now: "48 Hours" launches five-part audio podcast on the case of the murdered University of Virginia student to be featured in two-hour season premiere
[...]
The first installment of the podcast, anchored by WTOP-FM Correspondent Neal Augenstein, is available free for download now at Play.it. Check back daily for new episodes through Friday, Sept. 18.

From here:
Neal Augenstein's, WTOP

NG Chalk Wall via N Augenstein.jpg

~

Marking one-year anniversary in Graham case
The Daily Progess
with great video from today

Images by Ryan M Kelly
from today

~

Nonprofit Marks 1 Year Since Hannah Graham Disappeared
Spencer Burke & Matt Talhelm NBC29
Sep 13, 2015 9:24 PM EDT

[...]

"We just wanna be here to say you know we remember, we will not forget, we will not let other people forget," says Trina Murphy of HSTNG.

[...]
“It’s just a way of us showing our support for her family, for the other missing families in this area," says Murphy.

"We’re working diligently to make young people aware of personal safety and be aware of their own surroundings and keep themselves safe as well as their responsibility to their colleagues," says Gil Harrington, of HSTNG.

[...]

~

UVa. student Hannah Graham remembered 1 year after disappearance
Joe St.George CBS6/WTVR
12:17 am, September 14 '15

Also discusses cameras on the mall

Don't know where this should go but

Parker Slaybaugh 8 news posted this in FB about an he ago

BREAKING: Jesse Matthew has now been indicted for the murder of Morgan Harrington.

SPREAD THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@CNN: Jesse Matthew Jr. indicted on charges of 1st-degree murder, abduction w/ intent to defile in Morgan Harrington case: http://t.co/N9QpzSSRS4

This has a lil bit more

@NbcWashFan: jackiebensen: Jesse Matthew Indicted in Harrington Homicide http://t.co/pcIANwoGKE

@NBC29: #BREAKING: VA State Police say Jesse Matthew has been indicted for #MorganHarrington's disappearance and death. http://t.co/ImhF2u5MKs

The link is a news release by the county

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero