JLM Charged in the Hannah Graham Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. I wasn't expecting that! I hope we get more details soon. Ms. Lunsford seemed so decisive about not pursuing capital murder. I wonder what changed??

New forensic evidence found in February.

New attorneys were appointed to defend Matthew, as his previous lawyer does not have experience defending death penalty cases, which carry with them a high level of judicial and appellate scrutiny. Doug Ramseur, of the Virginia Capital Defender’s Office, and Michael Hemenway, a private lawyer in Charlottesville, will now defend Matthew against the capital charge. - From this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...de5b46-f33f-11e4-84a6-6d7c67c50db0_story.html

Thank you.

JLM's old attorney, Jim Camblos, being dropped is a good thing.

There is a lot of controversy surrounding Camblos and his courtroom shenanigans......and thats the last thing that this case needed.

This was likely going to be Camblos last case and some of us were worried about his grandstanding and making this about the capstone of his career instead of a fair trial and justice for HG.......where it belongs.

This latest ruling makes the latter eventuality seem that much more likely IMO.

I wonder what the new "certificate of analysis" is and why it took this long to get it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hannah-grahams-alleged-abductor-now-faces-death-penalty/story?id=30828027

Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney Denise Lunsford said today that some new evidence was verified from a crime lab that convinced her to push for the increased charge.

She would not disclose any details about the new evidence, saying only that it was a “certificate of analysis” and that the findings were “compelling enough to me that I thought capital charges were appropriate.”

I wonder what the new "certificate of analysis" is and why it took this long to get it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hannah-grahams-alleged-abductor-now-faces-death-penalty/story?id=30828027

Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney Denise Lunsford said today that some new evidence was verified from a crime lab that convinced her to push for the increased charge.

She would not disclose any details about the new evidence, saying only that it was a “certificate of analysis” and that the findings were “compelling enough to me that I thought capital charges were appropriate.”

an official document that shows the results of scientific tests on a product such as a food or drug, listing the chemicals, etc. it contains and the quantities of them:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/business-english/certificate-of-analysis

DNA perhaps? Or maybe drugs like GHB?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Virginia

Capital offenses:

Under Virginia's Criminal Code, the following offenses carry the possibility of death:

Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder in the commission of abduction,
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder during a robbery or attempted robbery
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder by a person engaged in a continuing Criminal Drug Enterprise
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder in the commission of rape or attempted rape or sodomy, or attempted sodomy, or object sexual penetration
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder of a person under the age of 14 by a person over the age of 21
Contract killing
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder of more than one person

Trying to understand the new charges....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Virginia

Capital offenses:

Under Virginia's Criminal Code, the following offenses carry the possibility of death:

Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder in the commission of abduction,
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder during a robbery or attempted robbery
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder by a person engaged in a continuing Criminal Drug Enterprise
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder in the commission of rape or attempted rape or sodomy, or attempted sodomy, or object sexual penetration
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder of a person under the age of 14 by a person over the age of 21
Contract killing
Willful, deliberate and premeditated murder of more than one person

Trying to understand the new charges....

BBM giving someone a date rape drug or a a purposeful overdose would qualify as premeditated wouldnt it?

Thats the only way I can see these charges tying in with the definition of certificate of analaysis.

BBM giving someone a date rape drug or a a purposeful overdose would qualify as premeditated wouldnt it?

Thats the only way I can see these charges tying in with the definition of certificate of analaysis.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm wondering if they were able to find traces of a date rape drug in her system, along with forensic evidence that she was raped. (I just hate even writing that last part. :( )

eta: I actually wondered for a second if it was the last part -- that there was evidence from JLM's old taxi or something that tied him to Morgan Harrington's murder, too. But of course that wouldn't be the case unless they stated he was also being charged for Morgan's murder. :/

Good one Zapped! Thank you for the definition! I think she was drugged by JLM, with that last drink from Tempo. JMO. Good find. :)

Thank you!

I thought about this and why it might have taken so long.

Drugs hit our bloodstream and then are carried to our brains right?

I dont know how long it takes chemicals to break down but it stands to reason that there would be evidence left in the bone marrow and maybe even in hair follicles.

Maybe someone a whole lot more knowledgeable on this subject can shed some light on this for us?

Wonder if the majority is hoping for the death sentence?

Wonder if the majority is hoping for the death sentence?

I know I am.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but both Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham had their entire lives in front of them. Lives that were taken by a heartless monster for nothing more than his own amusement and/or sick pleasure.

If this is proven to be premeditated then I say he should get what he deserves....and thats exactly what hes visited on his inncocent victims.......victims who's only "crime" was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thank you!

I thought about this and why it might have taken so long.

Drugs hit our bloodstream and then are carried to our brains right?

I dont know how long it takes chemicals to break down but it stands to reason that there would be evidence left in the bone marrow and maybe even in hair follicles.

Maybe someone a whole lot more knowledgeable on this subject can shed some light on this for us?
It's possible that she threw up on something somewhere and there were traces of a drug in the bile/body fluids.

"Shackled and handcuffed, Matthew showed no expression at Tuesday's hearing. He had been served the new indictment earlier in the day, Lunsford said.

Lunsford said that while the new forensic evidence was crucial, many factors go into pursuing a death penalty case.

“I would consider the nature of the offense, the history of the defendant, the exact nature of what happened,” said Lunsford."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-20150505-story.html
rbbm.

Jane L. Vance's perspective from court today
Vice President HSNG

on the

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham

Nice to read about the perp's reaction in court as he lost his 'security blanket' and being seemingly befuddled.

I agree.

JLM has always appeared befuddled in court however; I think its an unconscious defense used by him to elicit sympathy from others.

Or in other words no one suspects the slow, gentle giant as he's been characterized by friends, until its too late

Maybe the prosecution is hoping JM will take a plea deal to not get the DP? Saying that they found new evidence in Feb could just be a way of making him think their case is open and shut

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back