JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Def attorneys only argue/trust DNA testing when they are getting their client out of prison. Then it's 100 percent correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Def attorneys only argue/trust DNA testing when they are getting their client out of prison. Then it's 100 percent correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good point.

As I read about this case unfolding in court, my thoughts on Defense Attornies plummets further. I get wanted to defend an innocent person. But a rapist/murderer? Why in the world would someone want to keep a person like that OUT of jail? Clearly motivated purely by money.
It brings my opinion of the human race down a notch, unfortunately.

I know it's their job and somebody has to do it, but I don't know how they do it. We know the defense knows he's guilty, so I have to wonder how they overcome it to defend them. It's a good thing I'm not a lawyer, I guess.

I know it's their job and somebody has to do it, but I don't know how they do it. We know the defense knows he's guilty, so I have to wonder how they overcome it to defend them. It's a good thing I'm not a lawyer, I guess.
I think it's safe to say defense attornies are not Empaths! I could NEVER defend a murderer or a rapist. I bet there are defrnse attornies out there with souls, but Camblos is definitely not one of them.

Does it sound like they are going to wrap things up on Friday?

Does it sound like they are going to wrap things up on Friday?

This tweet makes it sound like the case will be in the hands of the jury on Thursday. So yes, it's possible it will be over by Friday, if not sooner! (I hope)

WDBJ7 ‏@WDBJ7 · 32m32 minutes ago
Jury instructions will be given to court at 10 a.m. Thursday. Court resumes at 10 a.m. tomorrow.

I think I saw no court on Friday. Would be nice, though!
Oh okay. I saw the judge asked that the jury be prepped by Thursday, so I wondered if they would be giving a verdict on Friday.

They really plowed through the evidence and the witness accounts. One more witness tomorrow, and I think that's it, nothing left to do?

I also want to clarify that people are talking about JMs "girlfriend" being in court, but it is actually his sister - as confirmed by a news reporter. I think media has been confused about that.

I also want to clarify that people are talking about JMs "girlfriend" being in court, but it is actually his sister - as confirmed by a news reporter. I think media has been confused about that.
At his hearing in Cville, there was a woman identified as his girlfriend and a different one as his sister. The girlfriend was the one pushing the media away, IIRC.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't have one. Can you imagine sitting in court and listening to these horrific details?

At his hearing in Cville, there was a woman identified as his girlfriend and a different one as his sister. The girlfriend was the one pushing the media away, IIRC.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't have one. Can you imagine sitting in court and listening to these horrific details?
Holy Hell. I can't imagine.
Thanks for clearing that up. I think my brain is having a very hard time accepting that he has a girlfriend right now. He clearly raped and murdered HG while she was dating him. Whaaaaa????

Is this girlfriend the same one that grandma said he broke up with a while back? Or is this a new one, you know a "jail bird empathizer"?

Is this girlfriend the same one that grandma said he broke up with a while back? Or is this a new one, you know a "jail bird empathizer"?
OMFG a "jail bird empathizer" - didn't even think about that. Holy Hell.

what I don't get is that nobody identified JM yet as being the one. Did they say it was his DNA?
I know the victim didn't identify him.
Maybe tomorrow's witness?

what I don't get is that nobody identified JM yet as being the one. Did they say it was his DNA?
I know the victim didn't identify him.
Maybe tomorrow's witness?
That is interesting. I don't know why RG didn't ID him in court.

They did NOT say explicitly that it was his DNA, but it seemed like they hinted at it. Lawyers don't usually hint at things that can be proven, though.

I was confused by the lack of definitiveness in court.

Laura French tweeted there will be Defense witnesses also tomorrow. Anyone know what that's about?

That is interesting. I don't know why RG didn't ID him in court.

They did NOT say explicitly that it was his DNA, but it seemed like they hinted at it. Lawyers don't usually hint at things that can be proven, though.

I was confused by the lack of definitiveness in court.

They did say that the DNA expert was not released and could be recalled.

RG did ID JM pre-trial, did she not? There are several sources stating that she said his hair is different but his face is very familiar/hasn't changed. That sounds like an ID to me, but I don't know if those statements were made when she was a witness or pretrial when they had to go wake her when she first arrived last week.

It is strange the tweets don't indicate they have said the DNA is the 1 in 7.2 billion match to JM we've heard all along.

They also haven't called any witnesses/evidence placing him at the scene/in Fairfax at the time.

Are these things to worry about, or are we just not hearing everything as it's all tweets? Or will it all come out tomorrow?

I'm curious to know what those DMV pictures looked like, too.

Long time reader, first time poster. Hi!

There's a good HBO documentary called "Gideon's Army" that follows three young public defenders and tries to address that question. Speaking more broadly than Jesse Matthew, it's less about whether the defense thinks their client is guilty or innocent and more about upholding the defendant's rights in court and providing him with a fair trial. Let the defense grasp at straws. The prosecution has so far presented such a strong case. Jesse is getting his fair trial and, god willing, he'll get the fair results.

Long time reader, first time poster. Hi!

There's a good HBO documentary called "Gideon's Army" that follows three young public defenders and tries to address that question. Speaking more broadly than Jesse Matthew, it's less about whether the defense thinks their client is guilty or innocent and more about upholding the defendant's rights in court and providing him with a fair trial. Let the defense grasp at straws. The prosecution has so far presented such a strong case. Jesse is getting his fair trial and, god willing, he'll get the fair results.
Thanks for your post! [emoji106] I'll check out the doc. Another way to see it might help it make more sense to me :).

chime in more-I like your perspective!

Thanks for your post! [emoji106] I'll check out the doc. Another way to see it might help it make more sense to me :).

chime in more-I like your perspective!

Thanks so much for your kind welcome :) Will definitely jump into the discussion more now that I've taken the plunge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back