JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@lfrenchnews

Defense: no intent to kill. Choking was to accomplish sexual assault. @CBS6
11:04am - 10 Jun 15

@kristin8news

Defense argues intent to kill charge could be replaced by strangulation charges. Says the choking was done to accomplish sexual assault.
11:06am - 10 Jun 15

@solomonreports

Defense: No proof of an abduction or even attempted murder. #jessematthew
11:05am - 10 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

Defense: no intent to kill. Choking was to accomplish sexual assault. @CBS6
11:04am - 10 Jun 15

@kristin8news

Defense argues intent to kill charge could be replaced by strangulation charges. Says the choking was done to accomplish sexual assault.
11:06am - 10 Jun 15

@solomonreports

Defense: No proof of an abduction or even attempted murder. #jessematthew
11:05am - 10 Jun 15

The way this is phrased the defense is admitting their client choked this woman to sexually assault her.

IMO

To be guilty of abduction all the state has to prove is he took her away from where she originally was and was holding her against her will in another secluded location for any length of time.

I smell desperation.

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser · 1m1 minute ago
JUDGE SCHELL: Motion to strike is DENIED. #JesseMatthew

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news · 2m2 minutes ago
Judge says prosecution has presented enough evidence for jury to hear case. Judge will not dismiss charges against #JesseMatthew.

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser · 1m1 minute ago
JUDGE SCHELL: Motion to strike is DENIED. #JesseMatthew

Judge says prosecution has presented enough evidence for jury to hear case. Judge will not dismiss charges against #JesseMatthew.

A victory for the victim.

I knew he was going to deny the motion as he should.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP · 2m2 minutes ago
Court in recess, before #JesseMatthew defense is asked whether it will present witnesses.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews · 2m2 minutes ago  Fairfax, VA
#JesseMatthew leaves courtroom for recess and makes eye contact with sister, parents and girlfriend. Jim Camblos briefs family. @CBS6

#JesseMatthew's family talking with defense attorney Jim Camblos during brief recess in court.

IIRC, a motion to strike is pretty much procedural and almost always denied at this point in the trial. If I am incorrect, please correct me.

IIRC, a motion to strike is pretty much procedural and almost always denied at this point in the trial. If I am incorrect, please correct me.

I couldn't agree with you more. SOP for the defense. They had to at least try or they wouldn't be doing their job.

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser · 4m4 minutes ago
An investigator from #MorganHarrington case is inside the #JesseMatthew trial along with Asst. CW's Attorney in #HannahGraham case. @WDBJ7

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP · 6m6 minutes ago
Michael Hemenway, one of #JesseMatthew's lawyers in the #HannahGraham capital murder case is here. He shakes hands w Albemarle prosecutors.

I couldn't agree with you more. SOP for the defense. They had to at least try or they wouldn't be doing their job.
Thanks for the reminder. I want a fair trial with no material for appeal.

I shall repeat this as a mantra when the defense statements raise my blood pressure ;)

I'm so pleased with how it's going so far. I'm getting a faint taste of victory! And a whiff of justice!

@kristin8news

It is looking more likely this case will go to jury this afternoon. Defense isn't expected to have many witnesses.
11:20am - 10 Jun 15

Well, they certainly tried everything they could.

@lfrenchnews

Defense: Debris on the ground could have caused the penetration not the perpetrator @CBS6
11:07am - 10 Jun 15

@kristin8news

#JesseMatthew's family is meeting with defense attorneys. His mother had tears in her eyes. Something seems to be brewing in Fairfax.
11:52am - 10 Jun 15

Well, they certainly tried everything they could.

@lfrenchnews

Defense: Debris on the ground could have caused the penetration not the perpetrator @CBS6
11:07am - 10 Jun 15

OMG. Can't believe they would even suggest that.

I just want to say what a strong and caring lady Gil Harrington is. She is so supportive toward others, who have been through the murder of a child! I hope she and Dan will see some justice soon, too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb
Back