JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they're in a corner here and attempting to lessen the inevitable charges.
But the CW was on it!

@kristin8news

Prosecutor says strangulation charge that defense suggested wasn't even a charge in 2005 when the alleged attack happened.
11:11am - 10 Jun 15

I do feel compassion for JM's mom. Can you imagine what it would be like to find out your son is capable of these horrible crimes?

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news · 8m8 minutes ago  Fairfax, VA
#JesseMatthew's family is meeting with defense attorneys. His mother had tears in her eyes. Something seems to be brewing in Fairfax.

many tweets talking about a plea deal

Breaking News ‏@newszbreaking · 6m6 minutes ago
RT PeggyTV: #JesseMatthew family has been brought into a private room...perhaps a plea deal is being worked out?wusa9

I just want to say what a strong and caring lady Gil Harrington is. She is so supportive toward others, who have been through the murder of a child! I hope she and Dan will see some justice soon, too!

I totally agree. Gil Harrington is a warrior.

Its going to be interesting to see where we go from here. I'm assuming HG's will be next. I hope that he will someday be charged in Morgan's as well. Morgan's case is what brought me to online crime forums. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news · 8m8 minutes ago  Fairfax, VA
#JesseMatthew's family is meeting with defense attorneys. His mother had tears in her eyes. Something seems to be brewing in Fairfax.

many tweets talking about a plea deal

Breaking News ‏@newszbreaking · 6m6 minutes ago
RT PeggyTV: #JesseMatthew family has been brought into a private room...perhaps a plea deal is being worked out?wusa9

Is it not too late for that?

I just want to say what a strong and caring lady Gil Harrington is. She is so supportive toward others, who have been through the murder of a child! I hope she and Dan will see some justice soon, too!

The wonderful trait I find Gil having is she has no animosity toward the defendant's mother/family. She knows how sad it must be for his mother to know this is what her son really has been for so many years.

And thank God the victim in this case did all the right things. Because of her and the DNA found in her case it became the key to solve more cases than just hers.

It had to be so hard for this very private woman to testify to the details but she didn't take the easy way out ............she took the right path to justice even though it was so hard to do emotionally. She knows that this case is very important and after it justice will come for Hannah and Morgan.

IMO

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP · 2m2 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew attorney and prosecutors are handling printed copies of an Alford Plea. They have NOT been discussed in court yet.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews · 2m2 minutes ago  Fairfax, VA
#JesseMatthew's family being brought back into courtroom. @CBS6

I totally agree. Gil Harrington is a warrior.

Its going to be interesting to see where we go from here. I'm assuming HG's will be next. I hope that he will someday be charged in Morgan's as well. Morgan's case is what brought me to online crime forums. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

The same here. I followed Morgan's case from day 1! I read on WS, but didn't join until Hannah went missing! Not only is Morgan from my area, but my son is also a UVA grad and UVA Med School grad. So when Hannah's case came up I was right there. Since that time I've followed quite a few cases including Alexis Murphy's.

Dang, why in the heck didn't he take an Alford Plea before trial and save this woman all this horrid memory of reliving it? grrrr

eta, but then again, the prosecution may reject the deal.

Im having trouble understanding how an Alford plea would benefit him now?

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP · 2m2 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew attorney and prosecutors are handling printed copies of an Alford Plea. They have NOT been discussed in court yet.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews · 2m2 minutes ago  Fairfax, VA
#JesseMatthew's family being brought back into courtroom. @CBS6

OMG! I hope the state turns it down. An Alford Plea is saying the defendant is claiming to be INNOCENT (gah) but knows the prosecutor has evidence to support a conviction.

I hate those kind of pleas.

OMG! I hope the state turns it down. An Alford Plea is saying the defendant is INNOCENT (gah) but knows the prosecutor has evidence to support a conviction.

I don't think an Alford plea is possible w DNA evidence, is it?

Im having trouble understanding how an Alford plea would benefit him now?

Maybe they are wanting a lesser sentence than what the jury could hand down if they vote guilty on the top charges.

Not necessarily a plea "deal". He's changing from not guilty to guilty, albeit not admitting to the crime.

OMG! I hope the state turns it down. An Alford Plea is saying the defendant is claiming to be INNOCENT (gah) but knows the prosecutor has evidence to support a conviction.

Oh no! I hate those too! The thought kind of makes me feel sick! I hope the judge does turn it down!

For sure. But what? 2 life sentences instead of 3?

LOL! That gave me a chuckle themom. :D

Who knows they may be wanting a lesser sentence of 25 years to life with the possibility of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy
Back