JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering why the police are only stating there is a "forensic link to the MH case" vs a DNA link. Here is a thought. Assuming it takes a couple weeks to process DNA, they have only had time to process DNA in the car. (DNA straight from Jessie's cheek was only taken recently). Therefore they may know DNA in Jessie's car matches DNA found on MH, but they can't tie it directly to Jessie until his DNA test comes back. And maybe they wanted to announce the correlation to the MH case quickly to encourage Jessie to talk. Just a thought.

I believe it is just semantics. Forensic evidence usually means DNA of some type was found. We know they already had a DNA profile from the 2005 rape case showing it was an AA male. I believe they have had more than enough time to run his DNA profile by now. That could have been obtained on the items taken from his apartment and personal clothing.

Sometimes in cases such as this the killer will also keep items belonging to the victim. Since Morgan's unique necklace was not at the scene where her remains were found it wouldn't surprise me if JM took her necklace and they also found it inside his apartment.

IMO

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Just marking my spot here on the new thread so I can keep up with the latest news ...

It's been more than two weeks since Hannah Graham has disappeared. Jesse Matthew, the suspect charged in her abduction, with an attempt to defile, is the same man whom police now believe is tied to Morgan's disappearance, and the 2005 rape of a 26-year-old woman. All three cases are potentially linked by DNA, according to investigators. The discovery brings the possibility of answers.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26657776/morgan-harringtons-mother-speaks-on-link-to-daughters-homicide

If you saw him you would be scared of him from his looks ? Why ?

If I had only seen the photo of him when he was a cab driver, I would be fooled like his family and friends seem to be, and would think judging by appearance only he looked like a nice gentle person.

But the photos of him I have seen in his dreads especially his mug shot he has a sinister mean brooding look. He is even smirking in his mug shot.

Morgan probably saw him as benign too the night he kidnapped her.:(

I was 99% convinced he was guilty of HG's disappearance but was definitely on the fence regarding MH/Fairfax. I too am stunned. Not that I find it so inconceivable that someone could be guilty of multiple offenses, it's just.....I hate to say it, but he looks so normal. With someone like RAT, he looks like exactly what he is but JM....it's frightening because he looks friendly and clean-cut and average. I'm sure he used that to his full advantage.

I know looks have nothing to do with any of it, but apparently I'm more susceptible to that myth than I thought, which disturbs me.
you know, a local radio station in Florida was talking about this case this morning. They had only seen the headlines, didn't really know much about the case but it was interesting, they were talking about how normal he looked and even used the word gentle.....just goes to show you never know.

Have either of the two assault victims from the weekend HG disappeared given a description of their attacker? I'd be interested to know if JM could be a suspect.

It is truly shocking to me. I honestly believed it may have been hysteria linking these cases I knew it was very possible but I wasn't convinced. I feel so badly for Hannah's family and friends it must be truly terrible for them knowing that Morgan was brutality murdered and wondering if Hannah suffered the same fate. They are in my thoughts daily.
Wanted to say I am fully on board with the new forum. Wasn't sure at first but it is good to be able to read and discuss the different aspects of this case separately. It has broadened my knowledge of what this site is all about.

It is truly shocking to me. I honestly believed it may have been hysteria linking these cases I knew it was very possible but I wasn't convinced. I feel so badly for Hannah's family and friends it must be truly terrible for them knowing that Morgan was brutality murdered and wondering if Hannah suffered the same fate. They are in my thoughts daily.
Wanted to say I am fully on board with the new forum. Wasn't sure at first but it is good to be able to read and discuss the different aspects of this case separately. It has broadened my knowledge of what this site is all about.

When I read that another young woman was missing from Charlottesville, I was immediately interested because of a possible connection to Morgan. There are other cases I've followed, as with Morgan, where I check every once in a while to see if there are more victims from the same area (Evansdale cousins is another case where I'm sure there will be more victims). Sometimes it obvious that the person responsible is going to do it again, that it's just a matter of time. That's what happened here. There was extreme brutality in Morgan's murder. She was in a very secluded spot and taken a long distance from where she was last seen. Jesse had a lot of time alone with her. The same thing probably happened with Hannah. Jesse didn't grab them off the street, assault them, and leave them in a nearby dumpster, he took them somewhere where he could spend time with his victims. I was pretty sure that it was just a matter of time before the cases were connected. It's more of a relief that he has finally been arrested, than a surprise that he was. JMO.

I have been wondering why the police are only stating there is a "forensic link to the MH case" vs a DNA link. Here is a thought. Assuming it takes a couple weeks to process DNA, they have only had time to process DNA in the car. (DNA straight from Jessie's cheek was only taken recently). Therefore they may know DNA in Jessie's car matches DNA found on MH, but they can't tie it directly to Jessie until his DNA test comes back. And maybe they wanted to announce the correlation to the MH case quickly to encourage Jessie to talk. Just a thought.

Welcome Nosy!! :wagon:

I think LE has been tight lipped when they need to be ... I think they know way more than people give them credit! And I definitely think your thoughts are a possibility as well! :)

This is the thread that I thought was most likely to go away, since I really felt the chances were slim that LE would be so lucky to finally catch the brutal serial rapist that attacked MH and the DNA related rape case.. The simple explanation of the Hannah Graham case, was it was a pick up that went wrong, and the JM was a careless guy who had boundary problems, that had been trying to score on girls this way for a long time, successful enough times to continue this pattern. And then something went awry with Hannah. Though I feared that she was not alive, that he killed or left her somewhere to die, I did not think he was someone that deliberatelely preyed on woment with the full intent to hurt and kill when no one was looking. Not that it made any difference to me that JM needed to be locked up and kept away from us, in that he was dangerous. Regardless of whether it was a mistake or not, if he was responsible for Hannah's disappearance, he was not someone safe to leave loose. But this....gives me the chills and a very,very sick feeling that this person, with such utter disregard of life, a murderer, a brutal assailant was running around in the midstream of a vibrant community, ready to strike any time opportunity arose.

We all know this exists, but when one sees this evil in the form of a medical technician at a well regarded hospital, a cab driver (and we put incapacitated people in cabs to get home and use then our selves!), a youth football coach, the horror runs deep. THis guy was introduced to others, was actively with others, just always waiting for a chance to "get" someone, and Hannah walked right into him, almost literally.

I'm glad, very glad that the perp of those two violent crimes is likely found and in custody, but I also grieve for Hannah's parents. I think we all had a glimmer of hope that whatever happened to Hannah , she might still be alive, or at least that she went easily. That she died at the hands of what appears to be a violent person who makes that less likely.

For those who are ready to put JM's head on stick already, shut down his fund raising page and are calling his attorney names, be aware that even if he is as guilty as can be of this and more, he needs to have a proper trial and treated with a presumption of innocence or, he just might walk free. We need those who support those who have committed the most heinous of crimes because our justice system so insists and sometime in over zealous activiities to punish the perp, we end up helping him, by not giving what is due to him. Also, we need to see what the evidence actually is in this case. Oh,yes I unplugged the cork to the champagne, with the capture of what appears to be evil incarnated, but I ;m not investing in a wholesale toast yet. If there is a direct DNA match, that's one thing. If there is a general match from the mishmash in that dumpster of a car he has to Morgan, that's a whole other. Wouldn't surprise me a second if the entire perp community of Virginia was in that car at one time or other and left DNA in there, not to mention JM has two roommates. There is still info to process.

But for now, I believe the streets of Virginia, particularlly Charlottesville are safer, with JM behind bars. And I continue to pray for Hannah and her loved ones.

There really isn't a way a person can recognize evil or know who will become a serial rapist or a serial killer if that turns out to be the case. Most of them do not look like monsters. That is just a myth and maybe people want to believe that thinking they can identify evil by sight even though it is impossible.

Many killers just like JM held down steady jobs and hid in plain sight for many years before being caught. GR was just a regular guy who was married with children and had worked at the same job for 35 years.

It seems killers like this lives double lives. Around family and friends they don one mask and appear to be what they know others wants them to be. But the other life they live is filled with evil thoughts and they carry out their heinous crimes in the cloak of darkness going undetected for many years.

They seem to be able to compartmentalize their lives. That is why it takes years to catch them. On a daily routine they seem just like everyone else. JM knew the best way to go undetected was to carry on with his daily life.

But even killers like JM get sloppy. When they are not detected for years it brings on arrogance and narcissism making them believe they are untouchable and that is usually their downfall. It seems JM felt he had become so skilled at finding and taking lone females so that he could rape and murder them that even taking Hannah would be achievable and wouldn't be tied to him. Killers are never as smart as they think they are. A lot of them were just lucky because they had no personal link to the victims themselves. It is hard to track someone down when there isn't a familiar connection between the perp and the victim. And like other killers before him, JM, finally made a mistake.

He knew his DNA wasn't in any data bank and even though they had the DNA profile of the rapist in 2005 and knew the same person had murdered Morgan they have to have a DNA profile to match it to and didn't have it ...........well until now.

Imo, I believe that is why JM pretended to be contrite when he assaulted the lawyer in the road rage incident. He did this to ensure he wasn't in any data system and if convicted of assault then he felt they would most likely enter his profile in the system. He, like others like him, are very manipulative and that is one of the reasons they go for years without being caught.

I really don't think JM ran around with thugs. Imo, he was the only hiding in the midst of his friends. He sheltered himself by hanging out with others who were not like him. So I think everything they found in his car is linked to him.

I don't believe in coincidences especially when it comes to criminal cases and juries don't either.

The reason there is a link to the rape case in 2005 and Morgan's murder is because he is the one who has perpetrated all of these crimes and possibly even more. IMO

I don't think anyone here has said they don't want him to get a fair trial. All of us knows that a trial must be fair in order to stand up under appeals. IMO From what I have read his lawyer is one of the best in the state. It will be up to him to see JM has a fair trial. That is his job and I am sure he is up to the task.

I rarely see overzealous prosecutions especially in recent years. What I have seen on rare occasion is where jurors seem to be clueless about what the state really has to legally prove and has overburdened the State ending in a very controversial verdict but those times are very rare. Most jurors are intelligent enough to make solid decisions based on the overwhelming amount of evidence entered at trial. I don't see this case or the cases to come against J being any different.

The presumption of innocence is for his jury only and it is at the very start of any trial because evidence hasn't been entered. Once the evidence is entered and it shows guilt the POI erodes away.

It isn't a coincidence that JM is tied to all of these cases. I think many here already knew there would be other crimes he has committed and once he was caught that would be known to LE.

One doesn't become like this overnight at the age of 32. I think it may have even started earlier than 2002 when he raped the young woman on campus. And yes I do believe he is guilty of that also.

I also want to know why he suddenly left the other college. By the college's statement something is up there too and they said they are cooperating with LE. I think there is a 'story' there also.

There is an obvious long pattern of behavior when it comes to JM and none of it is pretty. A gentle giant he is not. He just hid behind that act to deceive others.

IMO

OMG

A staffer at the Trading Post, a convenience store on Monacan Trail Road less than two miles from where Harrington’s remains were found at Anchorage Farm, said patrons had seen Matthew in the store after Graham disappeared. The store’s owner could not confirm whether Matthew had been sighted in the store recently.

Early Monday, two people announced that Matthew’s “friends and supporters” set up an online fundraising site for his defense. Several hours later, the organizers asked in an email that their names be removed from information about the crowdfunding site, which had a goal of raising $50,000.

“I have received threatening and menacing emails, and do not feel comfortable having my contact information available any longer.” one of the organizers wrote.

Monday evening, a comment on the site stated that the campaign had been suspended “due to inappropriate behavior, including threats and menacing behavior.”
Neighbors said Matthew’s mother moved him to the country to keep him out of trouble. He did not cause any in the several years he lived there, they said.

There is a fair amount of new info at this link
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/police-harrington-graham-cases-linked/article_583710e8-484e-11e4-b26d-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Would seem logical to conclude that JM would have went farther than the convenience store from the direction of the abduction site to dispose of HG's remains. Doubtful that he would have traveled farther than necessary to make a pit stop. Hopefully the convenience store had security cameras that would indicate his direction of travel or JM's arrival was witnesses by the patrons.

When I read that another young woman was missing from Charlottesville, I was immediately interested because of a possible connection to Morgan. There are other cases I've followed, as with Morgan, where I check every once in a while to see if there are more victims from the same area (Evansdale cousins is another case where I'm sure there will be more victims). Sometimes it obvious that the person responsible is going to do it again, that it's just a matter of time. That's what happened here. There was extreme brutality in Morgan's murder. She was in a very secluded spot and taken a long distance from where she was last seen. Jesse had a lot of time alone with her. The same thing probably happened with Hannah. Jesse didn't grab them off the street, assault them, and leave them in a nearby dumpster, he took them somewhere where he could spend time with his victims. I was pretty sure that it was just a matter of time before the cases were connected. It's more of a relief that he has finally been arrested, than a surprise that he was. JMO.

My word Otto you have been on this site for ten years. No wonder you have insight. Respect. I remember sleuthers in the Jenise Wright case calling it as a teenage perp long before any information was made public and being amazed when it was. I feel the same here. I hope to learn from you all.

We all know this exists, but when one sees this evil in the form of a medical technician at a well regarded hospital, a cab driver (and we put incapacitated people in cabs to get home and use then our selves!), a youth football coach, the horror runs deep. THis guy was introduced to others, was actively with others, just always waiting for a chance to "get" someone, and Hannah walked right into him, almost literally.

For those who are ready to put JM's head on stick already, shut down his fund raising page and are calling his attorney names, be aware that even if he is as guilty as can be of this and more, he needs to have a proper trial and treated with a presumption of innocence or, he just might walk free. We need those who support those who have committed the most heinous of crimes because our justice system so insists and sometime in over zealous activiities to punish the perp, we end up helping him, by not giving what is due to him. Also, we need to see what the evidence actually is in this case. Oh,yes I unplugged the cork to the champagne, with the capture of what appears to be evil incarnated, but I ;m not investing in a wholesale toast yet. If there is a direct DNA match, that's one thing. If there is a general match from the mishmash in that dumpster of a car he has to Morgan, that's a whole other. Wouldn't surprise me a second if the entire perp community of Virginia was in that car at one time or other and left DNA in there, not to mention JM has two roommates. There is still info to process.

But for now, I believe the streets of Virginia, particularlly Charlottesville are safer, with JM behind bars. And I continue to pray for Hannah and her loved ones.

BBM. Yes.

otto

The picture you put up the other day a map of were Morgan's body was found, it showed crime scene investigators there. It is my opinion that she ran to that area that she was found. If you look left of the large cedar tree and follow it straight across, that is a fence line if I am not mistaken. A barbed wire fence no less. When looking at maps of this/that area and you see a string/line of trees/scrubs it's pretty much a fence line and 5 will get you 10, it barbed. So I guess what I am saying is that I do not think that he took her to that spot, she ran and that is where he caught her. That is my opinion after looking at that area, with that said I walk a creek bottom with my husband, it's over 2 miles long, private property of course and have to multiply pieces of large tracts of land in the general area of charlottesville, I honestly do not think he took her to that spot. jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop