JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the Fairfax victim is not even in the US anymore.

I'll bet LE thought that JLM was the cuplrit because the woman in Fairfax ID'd him when LE had a picture of him (way before it was made known to the public that JLM was a POI).

Has anyone found any eivdence yet if JLM lived in the Fairfax, VA area on or around 2005?

Great question... I think someone here posted info about JM playing for a semi-professional team the other day. Where are we on that one?

Is anyone else feeling completely overwhelmed by this? I slept for about 4 hours last night as my mind was racing. I just feel like my mind is completely blown by this. I always held a bit of hope that when they ran JM's DNA they would find a match with what they had from Morgan and the 2005 rape, but I just couldn't let myself believe that they would be linked. Now I'm just stunned. Five years of hoping that the creep who slaughtered Morgan would trip up and make a mistake. And he has! Seriously, I just can't believe this has happened.

I started following because of Hannah Graham and have become too obsessed with this case. I am trying to limit my time thinking about it, but it's hard.

Assuming it takes a couple weeks to process DNA, they have only had time to process DNA in the car.

This is not an accurate assumption. often it takes that long and longer because the labs are busy. If it's put to the top of the list and super rushed (i.e. people work over time through the night) it can be done in a day maybe two. I remember during the Derrick Todd Lee case (which is what got me interested in the this type thing generally and websleuths specifically) when the body of the last or second to last victim (i don't remember her name was something like carrie ann yoder) they had dna results back within 24 hours tying her to DTL and that was with 2002 technology.

So, back in 2010... LE knew they had a black man who knew the southwest side of Charlottesville very well. They even put forth the thought that this person was an outdoorsman who had lived there, maybe as a kid..but who would be very comfortable in that environment. It definitely all adds up now...with JLM being at the center.

Still wonder where JLM was in 2005?

Someone has posted info about him possibly playing for a semi-pro football team back in 2005, no? Has anyone looked more into that?

Have either of the two assault victims from the weekend HG disappeared given a description of their attacker? I'd be interested to know if JM could be a suspect.

one was white, and last I read the other one there not even sure an attack occured.

This is not an accurate assumption. often it takes that long and longer because the labs are busy. If it's put to the top of the list and super rushed (i.e. people work over time through the night) it can be done in a day maybe two. I remember during the Derrick Todd Lee case (which is what got me interested in the this type thing generally and websleuths specifically) when the body of the last or second to last victim (i don't remember her name was something like carrie ann yoder) they had dna results back within 24 hours tying her to DTL and that was with 2002 technology.

And we do know for a fact from Longo that they had made forensics in this case top priority and had the lab at least working through the weekend...

Someone has posted info about him possibly playing for a semi-pro football team back in 2005, no? Has anyone looked more into that?

I don't think the semi-pro team was started in 2005 but was started in 2010. Not positive though.

Do we have any verification yet that the Fairfax victim positively identified JLM as the person who raped her?? TIA.

If you saw him you would be scared of him from his looks ? Why ?
I wouldn't be. He looks exactly like someone I'd strike up a conversation with waiting in line at the store.
(I told my mother this and she about fell out. She thinks he looks evil. I think if she saw him in another context, his appearance wouldn't scare her... she disagreed. Of course.)

I think he forced her out to that spot so that he could "control" her in secluded place, in an area that he was comfortable and familiar with. At first I interrupted the site as the place he tried to hide the body (not sure why I latched onto that idea). I now think it's the spot he continued his assault after he conned her into accepting a ride. I also don't believe MH went out into that field willingly.

Was the spot MH's body was located at pre-planned? Sadistic psychopaths have a reason for everything they say and everything they do, imo.. Was/is JM a ritual killer?
Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
otto
The picture you put up the other day a map of were Morgan's body was found, it showed crime scene investigators there. It is my opinion that she ran to that area that she was found. If you look left of the large cedar tree and follow it straight across, that is a fence line if I am not mistaken. A barbed wire fence no less. When looking at maps of this/that area and you see a string/line of trees/scrubs it's pretty much a fence line and 5 will get you 10, it barbed. So I guess what I am saying is that I do not think that he took her to that spot, she ran and that is where he caught her. That is my opinion after looking at that area, with that said I walk a creek bottom with my husband, it's over 2 miles long, private property of course and have to multiply pieces of large tracts of land in the general area of charlottesville, I honestly do not think he took her to that spot. jmo idk

<BBM for Focus>

Cedar Trees and cemeteries go hand in hand.. Seldom will you find a cemetery that doesn't have cedar trees. There are many legends, superstitions, and religious connotations surrounding the different meanings of cedar trees/death/cemeteries. In rural farming areas there are many unmarked family cemeteries/plots. Historians, natives, hunters, and others familiar with the old home sites in the search area know the locations of these old cemeteries which are always marked with cedar trees.. There will also be abandoned wells near these old home sites..
Never misunderestimate a sadistic psychopath..They don't think like we do.. They have a motive/reason for everything they say and everything they do..

Guess, what I am trying to say is that JM likely justified his deviant behavior via religious rituals, and that historic family cemeteries marked by nearby cedar trees should be the focus of the search for HG.. A five mile radius of where JM was witnessed at the convenience store would be a good start.. jmo

Some serial killers are not scary looking:

Wayne Williams, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy to name a few

Was the spot MH's body was located at pre-planned? Sadistic psychopaths have a reason for everything they say and everything they do, imo.. Was/is JM a ritual killer?

<BBM for Focus>

Cedar Trees and cemeteries go hand in hand.. Seldom will you find a cemetery that doesn't have cedar trees. There are many legends, superstitions, and religious connotations surrounding the different meanings of cedar trees/death/cemeteries. In rural farming areas there are many unmarked family cemeteries/plots. Historians, natives, hunters, and others familiar with the old home sites in the search area know the locations of these old cemeteries which are always marked with cedar trees.. There will also be abandoned wells near these old home sites..
Never misunderestimate a sadistic psychopath..They don't think like we do.. They have a motive/reason for everything they say and everything they do..

Guess, what I am trying to say is that JM likely justified his deviant behavior via religious rituals, and that historic family cemeteries marked by nearby cedar trees should be the focus of the search for HG.. jmo

Way too sophisticated for this guy I would think.

Sorry to repost my question from the old thread but I'm still curious if anybody has any insights -

Just curious - does anyone know if MH's parents would be told by LE what evidence they have that connects JM to her? But basically the parents would not be able to reveal what it is until LE reveals it or it's presented at trial? I don't know much about police protocol in investigations like if LE would be able to tell MH's parents out of courtesy or something like that. I'm just wondering if MH's parents know more about the evidence than the public does.

Sorry to repost my question from the old thread but I'm still curious if anybody has any insights -

Just curious - does anyone know if MH's parents would be told by LE what evidence they have that connects JM to her? But basically the parents would not be able to reveal what it is until LE reveals it or it's presented at trial? I don't know much about police protocol in investigations like if LE would be able to tell MH's parents out of courtesy or something like that. I'm just wondering if MH's parents know more about the evidence than the public does.

Here is a link to the Today Show segment from earlier today. In it Gil says they don't know more and that VSP is, and has always been, tightlipped about details. Only thing I can find to answer your question. I was surprised to hear her say this, as I assumed they would have known more....

http://www.today.com/news/morgan-ha...desperate-find-missing-uva-student-2D80184226

I believe they do. We know that they knew about the Pantera and the forensic link to the 2005 case long before police made that information available to the public. I believe it's quoted in The Hook article about the Pantera shirt but I will find out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11123findyou