JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is crazy, but wonder if he had any football friends at Indiana University, and how I would go about finding that out?

I think the profile of Morgan's perp said that she was placed in a location that the perp was familiar with and may revisit - I'll see if I can find a link. I've not seen anything that says that the perp did in fact revisit the site.

yes and the "shortcuts" to the spot should be noted. Like starting from his house, how many weird ways could he get there w/o going on main roads; or just getting on the road for a sec?

Hi all.

I've been reading and lurking since I don't even remember how long. Anyway.... something about this just makes me pause. It all seems to fit too easily. If I'm wrong then so be it. IDK.

he was last seen with a missing woman. His DNA is on a murder victim and a rape victim. "?"

There is this, too: http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

"At a press conference held Wednesday, January 27 confirming identity of the remains, lead State Police investigator Lt. Joe Rader said evidence in addition to the bones had been recovered from the Farm, and suggested the focus of the investigation would shift from Copeley Bridge, where Harrington was last seen allegedly hitchhiking the night of the Metallica concert, to Anchorage Farm."

And
http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

"According to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the forensic testing on the shirt wasn't complete until the last few weeks–- law enforcement did not know the results in January, when the shirt was first publicly reported, she says–-and police are not releasing any details on the condition of the shirt. Police are still waiting on forensic testing results from Morgan's remains and Anchorage Farm, Geller says, and the Medical Examiner hasn't yet released a cause or time of Morgan's death, which has been ruled a homicide."

Right, and the Medical Examiner has never released that it had been a murder or that there was a sexual assault. MH's mom at times added what she believed after reading autopsy, so conjecture ends up stated as fact. Maybe. Morgan's parents are both MD's and are privy to more details on Morgan's death, but they cannot explicitly state what they know so as to not compromise investigation. What they suggest or hint at may then be fact! We end up inferring a lot or interpreting just what they are trying to convey. Adds just a little more complexity to an already mysterious case.

Reading the comments is very elucidating. There is a lot more to this case. IF JM is involved he is just part of the story, IMO.

**Thanks for parsing out the forensic details

Right, and the Medical Examiner has never released that it had been a murder or that there was a sexual assault. MH's mom at times added what she believed after reading autopsy, so conjecture ends up stated as fact. Maybe. Morgan's parents are both MD's and are privy to more details on Morgan's death, but they cannot explicitly state what they know so as to not compromise investigation. What they suggest or hint at may then be fact! We end up inferring a lot or interpreting just what they are trying to convey. Adds just a little more complexity to an already mysterious case.

Reading the comments is very elucidating. There is a lot more to this case. IF JM is involved he is just part of the story, IMO.

What's the other part of the story?

Just to clarify. Her father is an MD, specializing in psychiatry. Her mother is an RN, oncology I believe.

Hi all.

I've been reading and lurking since I don't even remember how long. Anyway.... something about this just makes me pause. It all seems to fit too easily. If I'm wrong then so be it. IDK.

Yep, I am with you. Everything just too neatly falls into place in the investigation and evidence gathering. I remember back when the media (for LE) released that JM once drove a cab. I was just counting down the days to when a cab would be found with MH's DNA. First, it was established that JM was on duty the night she went missing. The very next day they found JM's old cab on a remote farm; how lucky for them. Plus handily it is the one he drove in 2009. Imagine that? Never a misstep, or pesky detail like an alibi gets in the way!

Just to clarify. Her father is an MD, specializing in psychiatry. Her mother is an RN, oncology I believe.

Thanks for that! Her father was an MD at Virginia Tech at one time I read, and her mom was or still is an Oncology Nurse. More importantly she conveys that they are medical professionals when it comes to their interpretation or input on Morgan's remains. To be exact though they are not both MD's.

Thanks for that! Her father was an MD at Virginia Tech at one time I read, and her mom was or still is an Oncology Nurse. More importantly she conveys that they are medical professionals when it comes to their interpretation or input on Morgan's remains. To be exact though they are not both MD's.

They are medical professionals, they did go to the site where Morgan's remains were found at the time that they were found, and they saw the condition of her body for themselves. As medical professionals, and they are able to interpret what they saw of their daughter's remains.

Jesse Matthew appears to be responsible for Morgan's murder.

That's the local fear, I believe. Not that JM isn't capable, just that he's not the "only one." And, therefore, without Hannah, he might walk. Until LE says he is a DNA match to Fairfax, we all worry about that possibility. (Not rehashing sourcing v. speculation so no need to get riled up - I realize one MSM source now states there is a DNA link between JM and Fairfax, but it's only one MSM and it hasn't been stated by LE...so we all still worry. We worry this thing is a whole lot bigger than just JM.)

What's the other part of the story?

Based on what I have read, or what LE has released, it is not a cut and dry case of a predator offering a damsel in distress a ride with the intent of raping and killing her. If I were to look at this from a juror's perspective, so far everything is circumstantial.

No one even knows why she left the arena in the first place, she was not stranded - her car was in the lot and several people offered to help her before she ended up on Copeley Road, witness sightings of MH at the arena and hours later on campus that are ignored by LE, etc. This does not prove that JM is not a predator or abductor in HM's case, but as a juror, I would have very strong reasonable doubt that MH got into his cab if it was there. So in my mind, it goes beyond JM.

Is it just me, or do Rader's words sound like he thinks MH's death was accidental?

I take it more like to someone who has knowledge of what happened and maybe knows who the killer is or some details about the night they've never put out there but maybe isn't the killer or could just be as simple as a general "open letter" to the killer themself..

Based on what I have read, or what LE has released, it is not a cut and dry case of a predator offering a damsel in distress a ride with the intent of raping and killing her. If I were to look at this from a juror's perspective, so far everything is circumstantial.

No one even knows why she left the arena in the first place, she was not stranded - her car was in the lot and several people offered to help her before she ended up on Copeley Road, witness sightings of MH at the arena and hours later on campus that are ignored by LE, etc. This does not prove that JM is not a predator or abductor in HM's case, but as a juror, I would have very strong reasonable doubt that MH got into his cab if it was there. So in my mind, it goes beyond JM.

Morgan's friend had the keys to the car. Morgan left the arena to smoke. She could have used indoor smoking areas, but she didn't. She knew that there was a no re-entry policy. She was visibly under the influence outside the arena. She had been known to hitch hike, so it was assumed that she was hitch hiking, in part because of a man with his daughter who claims he saw her hitch hiking. I didn't hear of any people offering to help Morgan. Most people keep a distance from someone that is out of it, or under the influence. I'm not aware of any sightings of Morgan on campus.

My understanding is that she voluntarily left the arena. Outside the front doors, she confronted some people and did not make a good impression. She spoke to her friends on her phone and said that she would find her own way home, telling her friend to use her car. She apparently walked through the parking lot towards the sports field. There, she was seen by some athletes. She crossed the Copeley Bridge, and that was the last that she was seen. The following day her cell phone, without a battery, was found in the parking lot of the sports field. Sometime later, her shirt was found in a nearby neighborhood. The shirt was planted. The phone was most likely planted.

Convictions usually rely on circumstantial evidence. There is DNA evidence on her body that identifies her murderer. Jesse Matthew has been linked through forensic evidence to Morgan. If there is evidence that Morgan was in his car - a long shot after 5 years - that will be one more piece of the puzzle.

I couldn't say how I'd respond as a juror, given that LE has released very little information in either case.

LE did confirm that MH death was a homicide..and in this article the parents state the forensic evidence linking to the Fairfax case were on MORGAN not the tshirt..they go over this in the "Disappeared" episode about the case as well..

Investigators will only say that forensic evidence ties the suspect to Morgan Harrington's abduction and murder in Charlottesville. But Harrington's parents confirmed this afternoon it was DNA found on Morgan that matches the suspect in the Fairfax case.

Morgan's friend had the keys to the car. Morgan left the arena to smoke. She could have used indoor smoking areas, but she didn't. She knew that there was a no re-entry policy. She was visibly under the influence outside the arena. She had been known to hitch hike, so it was assumed that she was hitch hiking, in part because of a man with his daughter who claims he saw her hitch hiking. I didn't hear of any people offering to help Morgan. Most people keep a distance from someone that is out of it, or under the influence. I'm not aware of any sightings of Morgan on campus.

My understanding is that she voluntarily left the arena. Outside the front doors, she confronted some people and did not make a good impression. She spoke to her friends on her phone and said that she would find her own way home, telling her friend to use her car. She apparently walked through the parking lot towards the sports field. There, she was seen by some athletes. She crossed the Copeley Bridge, and that was the last that she was seen. The following day her cell phone, without a battery, was found in the parking lot of the sports field. Sometime later, her shirt was found in a nearby neighborhood. The shirt was planted. The phone was most likely planted.

Convictions usually rely on circumstantial evidence. There is DNA evidence on her body that identifies her murderer. Jesse Matthew has been linked through forensic evidence to Morgan. If there is evidence that Morgan was in his car - a long shot after 5 years - that will be one more piece of the puzzle.

respectfully, the DNA evidence proves that he had contact with MH, but the DNA itself does not necessarily prove murder.

Yep, I am with you. Everything just too neatly falls into place in the investigation and evidence gathering. I remember back when the media (for LE) released that JM once drove a cab. I was just counting down the days to when a cab would be found with MH's DNA. First, it was established that JM was on duty the night she went missing. The very next day they found JM's old cab on a remote farm; how lucky for them. Plus handily it is the one he drove in 2009. Imagine that? Never a misstep, or pesky detail like an alibi gets in the way!

Maybe it falls into place because he is responsible and therefore the facts would have to fall into place? Unless LE is setting him up and what reason would we have to believe that it is a big conspiracy? That they're going to pin another murder on him unjustified just to close the case and let Morgan's killer roam free forever? That sounds a lot more far fetched to me than the guilty party's evidence of guilt "neatly falling into place" JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy