JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True enough, but the rumor must have started without a link. The false information serves the purpose of muddying the connection between Morgan, the 2005 case, and Hannah. That is, if people are persuaded to believe that the 2005 case is connected with a shirt that was found lying around, it weakens the connection between the two cases. If Hannah's disappearance is connected with a shirt, it also weakens the connections between the three cases. In reality, there is a 100% connection between the 2005 case and Morgan, and there is a forensic link between Hannah and Morgan. What appears to be true is that Jesse Matthew is responsible for at least three assaults/murders - I'm assuming that Hannah has been murdered.
Agreed! I'm not sure I believe the shirt connection. It wouldn't really make any sense with what we know now.

In a link above it's stated the DNA from MH came from her body and another link says it came from the area her body was found and now this....so which is it? lol Too many different stories.

Unless I've lost my mind, this article that Conductor just linked does NOT say anything about the shirt providing DNA to link a perp to Fairfax. The article only says the shirt was officially confirmed to be Morgan's shirt.

Hold on, where does it say in the article the DNA found on the shirt was from the Fairfax rapist? I seem to only be able to read that they concluded the shirt was Morgan's through the DNA.... ?

I went and read the entire article finally and you're right. Gil Harrington stated the DNA came from MH body and other sources say the same as we have witnessed here through links.

Unless I've lost my mind, this article that Conductor just linked does NOT say anything about the shirt providing DNA to link a perp to Fairfax. The article only says the shirt was officially confirmed to be Morgan's shirt.

No you didn't miss anything, sorry, I just didn't read the whole thing, my 3 year old needed assistance so I got distracted and took their word for it. My mistake.

Morgan's parents have stated that the DNA came from Morgan's body.

This link doesn't say anything about DNA: http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Where is the link stating that DNA came from the area where she was found?

There isn't one, sorry read my other recent posts....let me edit that one as to not confuse anyone.
Her remains were found in a hayfield on a farm in Albemarle County three months after her disappearance. The forensic evidence was collected at the site where the body was found, state police said in a statement.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-suspect/16430383/

No you didn't miss anything, sorry, I just didn't read the whole thing, my 3 year old needed assistance so I got distracted and took their word for it. My mistake.

Oh no worries- I just wanted to be sure I wasn't mis-reading something.

Ironically, Conductor provided that link in the middle of the conversation about starting rumors about the tshirt, and I wanted to be sure we weren't all beginning from square 1 again. :)

Oh no worries- I just wanted to be sure I wasn't mis-reading something.

Ironically, Conductor provided that link in the middle of the conversation about starting rumors about the tshirt, and I wanted to be sure we weren't all beginning from square 1 again. :)

The link that was provided doesn't say anything about DNA, let alone DNA on a shirt, or that all the DNA came from a shirt. The claim, and the link, are completely unrelated.

I agree, but at the same time I'd like to know how they definitively say she was raped without some kind of evidence of such? What I do know is that it was a cold winter and I remember hearing that the body was well preserved because of this.
Edited to add...I'm not saying she hadn't decomposed at all I'm just saying I don't think she was completely bones.

I can only guess, but maybe there was a used condom wrapper at the scene.

The only statement about DNA in the article is this one:

"Investigators will only say that forensic evidence ties the suspect to Morgan Harrington's abduction and murder in Charlottesville. But Harrington's parents confirmed this afternoon it was DNA found on Morgan that matches the suspect in the Fairfax case."

http://www.wlox.com/story/12742496/update-morgan-harringtons-death-linked-to-case-in-fairfax
This is probably the most accurate. I think anything her parents say would hold more weight than even LE at this point since they are trying to be quiet as to not hurt their investigation. JMO

Hold on, where does it say in the article the DNA found on the shirt was from the Fairfax rapist? I seem to only be able to read that they concluded the shirt was Morgan's through the DNA.... ?

Sorry! Though that info was in the other source.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

As for source validity and quality, Courteney Stuart is a journalist in the area who has extensively covered the Morgan Harrington case. The case is riddled with holes and incomplete information, but shei is the go to source maintaining accuracy. She just appeared on CNN an wrote the piece about all the misinformation on social media. Morgan's parents work closely with her, so I would think that is a stamp of approval. Other than that, I look to what is released by VSP

Sorry! Though that info was in the other source.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

As for source validity and quality, Courteney Stuart is a journalist in the area who has extensively covered the Morgan Harrington case. The case is riddled with holes and incomplete information, but shei is the go to source maintaining accuracy. She just appeared on CNN an wrote the piece about all the misinformation on social media. Morgan's parents work closely with her, so I would think that is a stamp of approval. Other than that, I look to what is released by VSP

Thanks Conductor for the different link.

Not to keep protracting the DNA/shirt/body/Fairfax thing, but even this new article doesn't give a valid claim that the DNA on the t-shirt linked to Fairfax. The only mention of it is regarding a man named Barfield, who is/was a retired police sergeant. In the article he speculates as to what he thought the forensic evidence may be. He wasn't an insider in the investigation- purely speculation on his part.

In any case, like I said, it's been shown there was DNA from MH's body that was matched to Fairfax. Whether shirt had perp's dna on it or not is pretty much irrelevant IMO.

I can only guess, but maybe there was a used condom wrapper at the scene.

I don't think it has been established that the hay field is the scene of the crime. Her parents have said her bones were crushed when she was alive. Shudder!

Nor has it been medically established she was raped though think her mom thinks so. There is a wealth of info here on WS in the MH forum!

Truth is no one knows MH's cause of death (her mother says she is murdered, but it is based on her instinct). The medical examiner as of 2010 had not released that info to her parents. They do not have to disclose it if investigation is still open.

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

Thanks Conductor for the different link.

Not to keep protracting the DNA/shirt/body/Fairfax thing, but even this new article doesn't give a valid claim that the DNA on the t-shirt linked to Fairfax. The only mention of it is regarding a man named Barfield, who is/was a retired police sergeant. In the article he speculates as to what he thought the forensic evidence may be. He wasn't an insider in the investigation- purely speculation on his part.

In any case, like I said, it's been shown there was DNA from MH's body that was matched to Fairfax. Whether shirt had perp's dna on it or not is pretty much irrelevant IMO.

Nope, you are right. There are many "soft" facts still on this case. LE never directly confirms or denies; why, I don't know. We are not the first to notice this.

Agreed! I'm not sure I believe the shirt connection. It wouldn't really make any sense with what we know now.

Or is that what is known based on archival info reflects that the case for JM's guilt is not a strong one. All I know is that given all the holes in MH's story, the prosecution has his work cut out for him.

Agreed that it seems the DNA came from her body (thanks to Otto's link we have that backed up for the most part I think). But I wouldn't be so sure it came from a rape swab kit in MH's case. My personal hunch is that it came from under her fingernails- scratching/grabbing of perp. If her remains were nearly skeletonized, I can't really see there being an opportunity to do rape swabbing from the usual body areas in those cases. I believe that I've read that fingernails are often still intact at the stage of MH's body decomposition. So my belief is that the DNA came from under fingernails.

But either way, yes, the DNA is from the body it appears.

I don't know how to say this. . .but the condition of Morgan's body may have nothing to do with the last time she was raped. LE has said her killer revisted the scene. They could have found fresh semen right up until the time she was found in Jan of 2010. Now I have to go take a bleach bath!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member