JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan's Abduction: OCT 17th, 2009
Assault of Lawyer: Offense Date : 06/04/2009

Probably he meant complexion wise. In the different pics of JM he clearly is darker in one of them. AA's tan too. That's what a black friend in high school told me. She used to sunbathe to get darker.

Yep! just like the rest of us POC can get individually lighter and darker depending on how long they spend in the sun, skin products used, etc. There are skin products for uneven skin, to reduce uneven tone and lighten too, (basically with same ingredients) super popular in the asian market, but sold to people of all colors that will lighten your overall tone. It's kind of amazing the difference they can make.

I have a question for some of the more experienced sleuthers who have experience with many cases. We now know LE has established a forensic link between JM and Morgan. And we know that JM was first accused of raping a woman at LU on October 17, the same date that, years later, Morgan disappeared. Do you think this means dates are important to him and we should be looking for date connections in other possible cases? Or is this likely a major coincidence?

I do think that dates are important to him. I suspect that he has a very troubled relationship with his mother, and that he holds the woman that initially accused him of rape at University responsible for his loss of opportunity in sports.

Morgan's Abduction: OCT 17th, 2009
Assault of Lawyer: Offense Date : 06/04/2009

He still could have been worried about the possibility that there was DNA in the FF case.

14 minutes between the ponderosa address and Anchorage Farm.

When MH's body was found, I remember reading that the killer had to be familiar with the area...and was probably local. It was an isolated area on a 700+ acre farm. It's chilling that he lived near the area at any time. So wishing someone had figured this man out long before they did...gentle giant that he is.

He still could have been worried about the possibility that there was DNA in the FF case.

Totally agree with you... And just because LE has told us there was a link between the Fairfax case and Morgan does not mean that they did not have matching DNA from other cases that they have kept private. IMO. Remember that LE said theyndid not want to reveal the connection in the first place.

MidgeC
Re: local opinion about Gil Harrington

I think it must be a mistake.

The initial lead investigators on the MH case was the UVA PD (not the CPD). By most accounts, they did a terrible job. Additionally, the Harringtons ended up suing the company that provided security to the JPJ Arena on the night that she disappeared.

There is a definite tendency in Cville not to take the criticism of "outsiders" very well. The kind of criticism tends to engender a circle the wagons mentality amongst certain people that live here. JMO

I too followed Morgan's case closely. You are right, after a while I saw disparaging comments from supposed locals about the Harrington's. Never did and still don't understand:mad:

University police? That can't be right. I'm sure UVA PD is somethign else? I hope not, the way university police like to sweep rape reports under the rug.

It seems plainly evident JM does take his victims clothing, so not much of a stretch to believe he has their jewelry.

Forensic link is what I hoped for; this is just wild...I would love to see a few cases closed in one fell swoop.

Also according to the Disappeared episode for MH I could have sworn it was the VA state police who were in charge of the case?

MidgeC
Re: local opinion about Gil Harrington

University police? That can't be right. I'm sure UVA PD is somethign else? I hope not, the way university police like to sweep rape reports under the rug.

It is right. MH disappeared from the JPJ Arena, which is part of UVA. UVA PD handled the case initially, before the VA State Police became lead investigators.

Re: the sketch - I just wonder if someone would have made the connection to him had the guy pictured in the sketch looked a little bit younger. The features seem to match, the only thing is he looks a lot older than JM.

It definitely sounds like he has some kind of sex addiction. I wonder if he murdered Morgan and possibly Hannah so that they would not be able to identify him? I guess my point is, not so much murdering or possibly murdering for the *thrill* of it (so disgusting), but more to cover up for the rape part, which was his true addiction?

Just thinking out loud.

Maybe he has a foot fetish. That story about the girls in the bar the night he abducted MH...their feet...

totally agree. When I read that piece that gave an account of JLM asking the girls in the bar, to 'let him see their feet', suggested he had more than a casual interest in feet.

quoting from article: 'She said: 'He kept trying to put his hands on my legs and below the knee. He'd been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs.'
She claimed that Matthew took her friend's socks off and asked to see her toes.
Molly told Barefoot: 'Then he came over to me and tried to touch my legs. I told him no. He said, "I just want to see your feet, like her."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771985/Police-offering-100-000-reward-information-missing-student-Hannah-Graham-alleged-kidnapper-Jesse-Matthews-extradited-Virginia-face-abduction-charges.html

Lt. Joseph Rader, believes her recovery location as chosen by her killer, is the “most important aspect of this investigation… People of North Garden, this will mean something to you.” ”

People in the Anchorage Farm area, you know what goes on there, you know the history,” said Rader. “You know who comes in and out of the vicinity and you might not realize it but you probably have some information for us that you don’t even think is important.”

The most recent activity of the land and it’s owners David and Nancy Bass. During the time of Morgan’s disappearance, the farm house, or the home on the Va historical register occupied at the time by the Bass’s daughter Jenny, was undergoing renovations to its hvac.

A carpenter working for Mr. Bass during the Summer of 2009 recalled stopping a black male driving a black jeep on the back of the Bass property and was told he was David Bass’s brother.

Gil Harrington is a courageous and amazingly spiritual person/mother.. I am a firm believer that there is always a spiritual connection to every act of homicide..

At a CUE(Community United Effort) National missing/murdered person conference in NC/2010, I had the honor of meeting GH & DH. DH & GH, spoke near the end of the national candlelight vigil which was held at night on the river front of the Cape Fear river, Wilmington, NC.
Gil Harrington read a heartfelt poem that she had written for/to Morgan.

The river, only feet away, was white capping and something caught the corner my eye, coming in to view from out of the darkness. It was a pure white sailboat silently skimming by, as would a dove fly by with only one wing tip touching the water. Needless to say, it sent chills up my spine. I asked Monica Caison later if this event had been pre-planned..
She said that it wasn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0 < watch full video or begin candlelight service a 4 min 35 seconds in for GH/MH>
CUE Center National Conference-2010
CUE Center For Missing Persons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rB2LTw1j4

Its heartbreaking. I remember the one where she wrote to her on Christmas, I think it 2010.

It's a huge relief to know that the Morgan Harrington murder is finally solved. I think it's fair to say that, per some statements at the time, she did indeed get into a taxi - she wasn't hitch-hiking. That must be a comfort to her parents ... to know that she didn't choose to put herself in a high risk environment with a potentially dangerous man.

I think we can set aside descriptions of Jesse as a simple minded Christian. The only reason that he was seen with Hannah on the night she vanished is because he was cocky after getting away with rape and murder for more than a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae