JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
University of Virginia reports 47 cases of rape, sexual assault or forcible fondling on or near the university during 2013:

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/10/upd-crime-statistics

No information is provided concerning arrests or prosecutions. Amazingly enough, such information isn't required by the Federal program that collects these statistics!

There's a widespread perception that universities aren't terribly eager to prosecute on-campus sexual assaults. Whether this is accurate or not, the perception certainly exists, and it amounts to an open invitation to sexual predators. Recently, it seems, JM has been looking at the end of his ability to drive lawfully... and if he really was a serial offender, he would presumably see a need to develop a new MO that didn't require a car. if the allegations about him are true, one has to wonder whether there is a sinister side to his taking a job at the University hospital... I don't mean taking advantage of helpless patients, which would be pretty tough to do given the fairly widespread surveillance which I presume exists within the hospital. But, were an offender to work the swing shift, he'd get off work at just the right time to take advantage of lost, inebriated women wandering around the university grounds... which are notoriously confusing to newcomers. I haven't seen any information about which shift he worked, but one has to wonder whether he was involved in any of the reported offenses. I'm glad he's behind bars, but so long as the perception of lax enforcement exists, sexual predators will be attracted to university campuses. We must do better.

I'm a Charlottesville resident, BTW. If anyone has questions regarding local geography, etc., I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Not discrediting anything in your post, I think it's fantastic. However, it would be a complete disservice to college women everywhere not to note and recognize that the majority of campus rapes are done by college-enrolled male students. THIS is an even bigger problem than the occasional random "Chester the Molester" type of scenario being laid out here. College aged men are raping their fellow students, and are not being disciplined for it. We see it in this VERY case where JM was accused of rape at TWO colleges, WHILE IN ATTENDANCE, and nothing legal was done about it. He was merely kicked out and sent on his way to the next campus full of innocent women. Colleges need to be much stricter about rape. It must be de-stigmatized for the woman to report it, she must be believed and treated with respect every step of the way, and the rapist must be convicted as an adult. This is a way to stop these rapists IN THEIR TRACKS so they don't escalate later in life, as well as make college campuses safer for our daughters. This has to be addressed.

one thing that stands out the me is in the 4 years from 2005 to 2009 not only do we not have any cases JM is linked to I haven't even seen any possibles.

Here are a few names/dates:

La-teasha Lamone Brooks, Farmville VA 8/29/02
This is the location of Longwood University, 48 miles from Lynchburg.

Crystal Soles, 28, 1/24/05 missing last seen leaving
Shaw’s Country Store in Andrews, S.C (blonde,
walking home from store alone like other victims)

Vestora Leatrise Spriggs, Norfolk VA 1/28/2005

http://www.missingin.org/reg956/vest…se_spriggs.htm

Quaisra Khan, Alexandria VA 8/26/2006
near 2005 rape

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic…n-va-08262006/

I haven’t seen any potential victims during 2004…yet.

JLM could have been on the other side of the country. Marizela Perez disappeared off the face off the earth near UW in Seattle on a Saturday afternoon in March 2011, just a few days after Matthew was reportedly charged with criminal trespass in Virginia. CCTV showed a big tall black man with long hair going into the store as she was going out. That is the last sighting of her ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y9xqDJ2A97o

near 2005 rape

JLM could have been on the other side of the country. Marizela Perez disappeared off the face off the earth near UW in Seattle on a Saturday afternoon in March 2011, just a few days after Matthew was reportedly charged with criminal trespass in Virginia. CCTV showed a big tall black man with long hair going into the store as she was going out. That is the last sighting of her ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y9xqDJ2A97o

I don't think he was in Seattle. As a resident of Seattle and someone who used to live near to where she was last seen, JM would blend in easily. Meaning, it is a neighborhood of mostly AA families. I don't.think JM has any connections in WA State, either.

We can speculate about all the murders he might be involved in, but there is a possibility he will never be charged w/ any of them.

Perhaps he will end up being the most prolific serial killer who was never actually charged w/ any murders.

We can speculate about all the murders he might be involved in, but there is a possibility he will never be charged w/ any of them.

Perhaps he will end up being the most prolific serial killer who was never actually charged w/ any murders.
I do hope he will be charged with MH's murder.

near 2005 rape

There was an article posted in another thread that stated JM's father lived in Farmville.
http://www.101sports.com/2014/10/04/uva-kidnap-suspect-gentle-giant-or-predator-19/
...and remember when describing the perp of the fairfax rape case they stated that the person probably traveled a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing this all over VA IMO. There is a long list of missing girls that haven't been mentioned. I just wish we knew more about where he frequented outside of Charlottesville.

.... t would be a complete disservice to college women everywhere not to note and recognize that the majority of campus rapes are done by college-enrolled male students. THIS is an even bigger problem than the occasional random "Chester the Molester" type of scenario being laid out here.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with this point, which you've eloquently expressed. I'm a retired university professor... and I can tell you that I'm as outraged by this situation as you are.

There was an article posted in another thread that stated JM's father lived in Farmville.
http://www.101sports.com/2014/10/04/uva-kidnap-suspect-gentle-giant-or-predator-19/
...and remember when describing the perp of the fairfax rape case they stated that the person probably traveled a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing this all over VA IMO. There is a long list of missing girls that haven't been mentioned. I just wish we knew more about where he frequented outside of Charlottesville.

We haven't said much about JLM's time on the Virginia Silverbacks. Presumably the team traveled for away games so if he is in fact the perp in some of these cases, Silverback travel may have provided the opportunities.

About the Silverbacks:
In the video that was posted this morning, I noticed a large commuter/tour bus. I'm guessing the whole team takes a bus like that to Away Games. So, he's probably out of his element and wouldn't be as comfortable abducting people.

It seems to me that in a town dominated by UVA sports that a Semi-pro Football team would be over-shadowed by the NCAA games. In that video there was virtually no one in the stands. I'd say that in itself could stir up the boiling rage in JLM Jr.

We haven't said much about JLM's time on the Virginia Silverbacks. Presumably the team traveled for away games so if he is in fact the perp in some of these cases, Silverback travel may have provided the opportunities.
Initially, I thought this was a significant find, but now I'm not sure. It looks like the Silverbacks weren't founded until 2011, and if it's true that the team traveled together by bus, it doesn't seem likely JLM would have opportunity to rape and get away with it. I would think he knew from his college experiences that an assault connected to his football team meant no more game time. Just my opinion, of course. It's pointless to speculate over how much control he had over his own impulses, except to guess that after the first attack, whoever the unfortunate victim was, he would have to feed the urge again and again. :(

I'd be more interested in where his college team traveled for games (particularly LU) and if he had taken any trips back to those areas or if any unsolved rapes during the timeframe he was there.

Incidents Jesse Matthew Jr. has been connected to:

Oct. 17, 2002 – Alleged sexual assault at Liberty University
Sept. 7, 2003 – Reported CNU assault
Sept. 24, 2005 – Northern Virginia rape (forensic evidence linked to Morgan Harrington case)
Oct. 17, 2009 – Morgan Harrington disappearance
Sept. 13, 2014 – Hannah Graham disappearance

Law enforcement investigating cases for possible connection to Matthew:

July 24, 2003 — Autumn Day in Newport News
Sept. 7, 2003 – Sophia Rivera in Newport News
August 26, 2009 – Heidi Childs and David Metzler, in Blacksburg
Oct. 10, 2009 – Cassandra Morton, not far from Lynchburg
Sept. 13, 2010 – Samantha Clarke, in Orange County

Cases unsolved in the area near Charlottesville

Jan. 24, 2010 – Joan Cook, Roanoke County
Nov. 21, 2011 — Lauren Smith, Madison County
Nov. 20, 2012 — Dashad Sage Smith, Charlottesville

(end of article from link above; I don't believe he had anything to do with the last 3 JMO)

About the Silverbacks:
In the video that was posted this morning, I noticed a large commuter/tour bus. I'm guessing the whole team takes a bus like that to Away Games. So, he's probably out of his element and wouldn't be as comfortable abducting people.

It seems to me that in a town dominated by UVA sports that a Semi-pro Football team would be over-shadowed by the NCAA games. In that video there was virtually no one in the stands. I'd say that in itself could stir up the boiling rage in JLM Jr.

I agree, but I think his time as a taxi driver aided him in these sort of things so to speak. He was familiar with more places probably saw more girls not just giving them a ride but giving other people a ride, and sometimes probably learned where they lived so that he could return at a later time....you just never know.
WOW... Come to think about it I wonder how many girls made it out of that taxi? That's creepy when you think about it...

I really doubt he had time to be committing rapes and murders during an away game. I would think that the players are not allowed to just be running around the town the day before a big game...You do not want hangovers and you want them to be well-rested.

They likely get to the location the day before, practice, watch videos, eat dinner together, go back to hotel rooms. I've been to hotels where a fb team is staying and they have guards there, and one reason is probably so the players don't try to sneak out.

I'm not sure he played very long (or much) on the Silverbacks team. He is not in the team pictures for that year or pictures or article from any game that I saw from that season.

eta: This is the only game that he is listed in the stats from the games at all: **8/25/12 Silverbacks Regular Season Game @ Home (We know LJ plays)

The investigators in the Murphy case say that they do not believe JM is involved (likely b/c they just had a trial that convicted RT) but have to test the DNA anyway due to endless speculation. Many other jurisdictions will have to do the same, no matter the cost or if there are other cases that are waiting for DNA testing. When/If these results come back as negative, are people just going to keep bringing up as many cases as they can, until LE confirms that he is a prolific serial killer? Also, should testing the DNA results in every case to see if it matched his be the top priority for each county? What if they do not think he did it..should it get bumped to the front of the line?

I really doubt he had time to be committing rapes and murders during an away game. I would think that the players are not allowed to just be running around the town the day before a big game...You do not want hangovers and you want them to be well-rested.

They likely get to the location the day before, practice, watch videos, eat dinner together, go back to hotel rooms. I've been to hotels where a fb team is staying and they have guards there, and one reason is probably so the players don't try to sneak out.

He would also lack the means to dispose of a body under those circumstances, IMO.

Here's the Silverback's 2012 schedule:

July 14th – Virginia Steelers – Fairfax VA

July 21st – BYE

July 28th – Virginia Hornets – Richmond VA

August 4th – Arbutus Big Red

August 11th – Virginia Titans – Richmond VA

August 18th – New Jersey Broncos – St. Augustine NJ

August 25th – Northern Neck Riverman (defending Champs)

September 8th – Virginia Steelers

September 15th – Arbutus Big Red – Baltimore MD

September 22nd – New Jersey Broncos

September 29th – Virginia Hornets

October 6th - BYE

Nothing listed for 2013 or 2014.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors