JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people trying to exonerate convicted murderers?

I don't have an opinion on the AM case, so no dog in the fight so to speak. But I think because of JM's close proximity to the area, it's hard for people to emotionally accept there being 2 such monsters in such close confines. It "feels" better for some to believe there's only one responsible for all the tragedy in the area.

And you'll always have mistakes made by human beings (LE) that necessitates things like The Innocence Project where people were convicted in similar situations with a body but later exonerated.

Basically the hope lives that it's one Boogey man.

This was mentioned 500 pages back but it was reported that Morgan was hitchhiking the night she disappeared.

http://www.readthehook.com/69516/hitchhiking-missing-morgan-harrington-sought-ride

The young woman who disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert on October 17, was last seen seeking a ride on the Copeley Road bridge, according to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, who also released an image of a necklace Morgan Harrington was wearing the night she disappeared.

"We now can confirm that she was hitchhiking," says Geller, noting that Harrington, who had been stuck outside the John Paul Jones Arena after she was denied reentry and had told friends by cellphone that she'd find her own way home, was allegedly seen by multiple witnesses on both sides of the bridge.

I don't have an opinion on the AM case, so no dog in the fight so to speak. But I think because of JM's close proximity to the area, it's hard for people to emotionally accept there being 2 such monsters in such close confines. It "feels" better for some to believe there's only one responsible for all the tragedy in the area.

And you'll always have mistakes made by human beings (LE) that necessitates things like The Innocence Project where people were convicted in similar situations with a body but later exonerated.

Basically the hope lives that it's one Boogey man.

So true.... But you're right. It's not likely just one person responsible for all of them. We certainly need to look at all of them to determine which ones are linked. With the dna match in the mh case, I get the feeling there will be more. Maybe not all, but perhaps a few more families will get closure. I really hope LE pulls together as much evidence as they can to get him to talk.

Omg this is so sad. Who knows how many there have been in all?? I can't believe, if he was involved in other murders, that he could get away with it for so long. Did he just get caught with Hannah because of all the publicity of the case?

And shame on the schools for not pursuing him to a greater extent. I am not sure what they did or did not do, but I'm assuming they just managed to get him to leave
but did not file any official police reports or encourage any prosecution of him. We have heard over and over again of universities basically throwing a rug over sexual assault/rape claims. It's time that we as the public demand more from these universities. Who knows how many girls could have been saved if at least some action was taken on this pathetic loser from the very first claim at any university or even going back to high school. Certainly someone, some girl, must have complained about his behavior to someone -a teacher, principal, or other adult- in high school,too. I am sure,of it. He can't have just suddenly started it at college. People, ADULTS, just let it go because he was a "star" football player.

Just makes me so sick.

BBM

First of all, he got caught with Hannah because she is missing and her parents and friends made it clear this is a serious problem--she was not one to disappear like that as a great student, the circumstances, etc. Had she been someone who went out all the time and disappeared for a while and came back, this might not have even been reported still, and by the time is is, the scent is cold. Also, she was very much on tape and LE could track exactly what happened to her up to Tempos' and id JM and his car to then and there. JM provided the rest of the evidence to them, both likely in the car and by taking off like he did.

Secondly, why shame on the schools? It's not up to them to get involved with LE Think about it. All adults involved here, and it's up to the victim and LE to take it to charges and to court. Actually, that they used their own conduct laws to EXPEL him is the most they can do. What charges can a school file against him? Someone says a student raped her--thats a police matter. JM was kicked out of the school as well as off the football team. So much for a "star' player. The schools did what they could. The victims and LE did not pick upt he ball, and maybe there simply was not enough evidence to make it a go. What on earth could a college do about these things?

It's a blotch on Duke University's record when they prematurely sided against those lacrosse players and it turned out that the alleged victim out and out lied. Case got thrown out and the university was left holding the bag even on their own sancitons. I believe some of them they had to let back in and some settlement money was paid because they acted without presumption of innocense in that case That can well happen to schools. It's not their business to do anything more than to report such cases to LE or tell the victim to go to LE. All they can do is botch up a case when they get invovled because that is not what they are trained or set up to do. That is the job of LE. THEY don't file the police reports, that is not up to them. Whether they police were even called, don't know but both schools hit JM with their most severe punishment which was expulsion.

It's possible that LE knew who JM was when one of the officers saw him on video. JM is a local and a regular in the downtown area. IMO LE knew who JM was.

So true.... But you're right. It's not likely just one person responsible for all of them. We certainly need to look at all of them to determine which ones are linked. With the dna match in the mh case, I get the feeling there will be more. Maybe not all, but perhaps a few more families will get closure. I really hope LE pulls together as much evidence as they can to get him to talk.

Absolutely and without question. At the very least, those families deserve even the smallest chance of getting closure.

I feel very bad for the families whose loved ones' killers are behind bars, and now have to deal w/ this crap.

I just don't buy that JM is responsible for all the local girls and women who have vanished as well as those like Britanee Drexel, in other states. There are plenty of predators out there, whether we like to think so or not. Jmo

are you saying you are certain thats what happened in that case or are you putting it out as a possibility? Either is fine just not sure which it is.

I have read nothing that says this, but I have assumed that there was some kind of assault involved with the case. Why else would they be looking at JM as a possible suspect.

I think JM is primarily a rapist, and kills women when certain triggers occur. I think he is full of rage.

I've always wondered how Alexis Murphy's car ended up in Chartlottesville and how, of RAT, drove it there he got back home. Would make sense that he has an accomplice. Not saying JM is the accomplice but I'm sure RAT killed Alexis, with or without someone else

The bartender at applebee's called him a cab.

I would love for all of these families to get closure but I think they are going overboard with connecting him to every missing woman in VA.

RAT killed AM and Samantha Clarke. All evidence points to it. It is very odd that RAT tried to blame CRD and now we have someone similar who is a known killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem