JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, be aware that the Daily Mail is pretty widely considered to be what is referred to in the U.K. as a "tabloid" ... meaning that the paper's journalistic ethics and accuracy are, ah, somewhat lacking. This article repeats at least one point that's been expressly denied by VSP (that JLM was interviewed in 2009). But the larger point is that there's plenty of confirmation in mainstream news media (MSN), including the Washington Post, that, "according to sources close to the investigation," that the forensic evidence in question is indeed DNA. In terms of what this tell us about JLM, there appears to be pretty solid evidence that at least LINKS him to MH and Fairfax... for me at least, this is indeed a settled issue.

Here's a direct link to the FBI poster for MH. I would say that is pretty accurate...
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/june/help-FBI-catch-morgan-harrington-killer/help-catch-killer-landing-page
And I agree.

But - you forgot - they connected Jesse's DNA with the 2005 Fairfax rape - and possibly numerous other victims.

The addition of Jesse Leroy Matthew's DNA to the national database had a rather significant yield, as LE has hinted, and allowed us to assume.

I'm glad I'm not the only one assuming here. ;)

Respectfully, be aware that the Daily Mail is pretty widely considered to be what is referred to in the U.K. as a "tabloid" ... meaning that the paper's journalistic ethics and accuracy are, ah, somewhat lacking. This article repeats at least one point that's been expressly denied by VSP (that JLM was interviewed in 2009). But the larger point is that there's plenty of confirmation in mainstream news media (MSN), including the Washington Post, that, "according to sources close to the investigation," that the forensic evidence in question is indeed DNA. In terms of what this tell us about JLM, there appears to be pretty solid evidence that at least LINKS him to MH and Fairfax... for me at least, this is indeed a settled issue.

tho the dailymail is "tabloid-esque", they are remarkably accurate and often breaking in many american news stories
i wouldn't simply discount a story because it ran in the dailymail...

tho the dailymail is "tabloid-esque", they are remarkably accurate and often breaking in many american news stories
i wouldn't simply discount a story because it ran in the dailymail...

I have seen that the so-called MSM is willing to outright lie, manipulate videos, etc. to push a political agenda narrative. The Daily Mail seems less political activist than most, but with any media, keep the salt shaker handy and look for evidence before believing what is written. So far, we have not seen lies or a lot of race-baiting in this case - but the case hasn't gone to trial yet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one assuming here. ;)

you're definitely not alone
after the link was established between the rape in nova and mh, the town of cville was covered in the poster with the two renditions of the suspect
uva bathroom stalls, stores, street posts.

I have seen that the so-called MSM is willing to outright lie, manipulate videos, etc. to push a political agenda narrative. The Daily Mail seems less political activist than most, but with any media, keep the salt shaker handy and look for evidence before believing what is written. So far, we have not seen lies or a lot of race-baiting in this case - but the case hasn't gone to trial yet.
I agree that some news sources over exaggerate sometimes, add on, or leave off words, but I checked that with the FBI website before I posted it, I just assumed everyone who saw the pic of the suspect would check the FBI site as well since it said FBI on the poster. It is hard to know what's factual and whats not when there are so many stories, but I also believe at the time this sketch was released this is all they had to go on, then when the HG case came along the FBI and LE decided to go about this a little different now that they have a suspect (POI), considering he is linked forensically, IMO he's linked by DNA to all 3 cases. I mean it couldn't be spelled out any clearer. JMO

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/homicides-and-sexual-assaults/harrington
The offender described above has been forensically linked to two cases in the state of Virginia. On September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old female was walking home from the store in Fairfax when the offender grabbed her from behind, carried her to a pool/park area, and sexually assaulted her. On October 17, 2009, 20-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington was last seen leaving a Metallica oncert at the University of Virginia in
Charlottesville. On January 26, 2010, Harrington’s remains were recovered in a field on
a 700-acre farm in Albemarle County. The investigating agencies are requesting assistance in identifying the offender responsible for these crimes
Okay so for me IMO JM is linked through DNA to both MH and fairfax victim. Here's why...it is stated on the poster they are linked through DNA, when you go to search further and click offender description it is stated that they are forensically linked, the very same things they are telling us now about JM to the MH case. So I would say one can speculate and say that since JM is forensically linked to the MH case that he's probably linked through DNA.

you're definitely not alone
after the link was established between the rape in nova and mh, the town of cville was covered in the poster with the two renditions of the suspect
uva bathroom stalls, stores, street posts.

Did you ever think it resembled Jesse when you saw the sketch?

Because of this, I would consider university herald a dubious source. NO where have I seen such a specific description of what was taken during the search and IIRC police declined to give any information on what they found and removed from his home and car. I would really like to know the "reporter's" source for this statement.

I saw this article online yesterday too but was unable to determine its legitimacy. I wish it were true, though, just in terms of being able to convict him if they don't find hannah.

But - you forgot - they connected Jesse's DNA with the 2005 Fairfax rape - and possibly numerous other victims.

The addition of Jesse Leroy Matthew's DNA to the national database had a rather significant yield, as LE has hinted, and allowed us to assume.

Source? BBM.

They connected JM's DNA (presumably) to MH. No source for that connection ALSO to Fairfax. Yet.

Hey all.
Did JM live at in the Anchorage Farm area before or after his parents divorce. I believe it was before the divorce if anyone can check on that information and help with anything else they may remember. These things were discussed before and early in this process, am sorry if it's repetition

Source? BBM.

They connected JM's DNA (presumably) to MH. No source for that connection ALSO to Fairfax. Yet.

The Virginia State Police announced Monday that Matthew’s arrest in the Graham case led to an unspecified “forensic link,” described as a “significant break” in the investigation of the slaying of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, 20. She disappeared after leaving a concert at Charlottesville’s John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17, 2009.

A law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Monday that the evidence is a DNA match. A spokeswoman for the state police said there would be no further comment on the case. Timothy J. Longo, the Charlottesville chief of police, did not return calls Tuesday.
http://m.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/source-dna-evidence-links-graham-suspect-to-slain-va-tech/article_54390a06-40f1-54cb-82a9-ff393f930b89.html?mode=jqm
As you said we know they connected JM to MH and we know MH and fairfax rapist is connected through DNA also, so one can speculate/assume that it's the same person IMO.

hey Heroine
Good to see you. Did you catch the gilamom's posts? Sounded encouraging.

:banghead:
Sorry, I don't know how to carry a post from one thread to another. This was a post by Bessie in the "search" thread.
"MOD NOTE:

Facts must be backed up with a link.
Speculation must be clearly stated as such,
(JMO, but...; Seems to me...; I wonder if...; I have a hunch...). Often, simply ending a post with the familiar "JMO", "IMO", and "MOO" will suffice.

With the many eyes which read here daily, it's so important that we not confuse the issues. Thanks to all of you wonderful members for helping WS to maintain a stellar reputation for accuracy.
HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

(modsnip)

1. Let's say a guy named John raped Fairfax girl.
2. Let's say that because Morgan had been in contact with many people the night she disappeared, she had John's DNA on her/her clothing and Jesse's DNA on her/her clothing, as well as some random other people. LE now connects John with MH and Fairfax.
3. Now Hannah goes missing, but the problem is that Hannah is connected to Jesse, and Jesse is connected to Morgan.
Where is John? Is he still walking the streets?

It's likely and probable that JM is the sketch, but now that Hannah is missing, it is slightly possible that the link brought about a new person, Jesse. Even a slight possibility is enough to cause worry.

As you said we know they connected JM to MH and we know MH and fairfax rapist is connected through DNA also, so one can speculate/assume that it's the same person IMO.

SolVol is not speculating. He is telling klily444 that she forgot a known fact and therefore her theory is proven to be incorrect.

:banghead:
Sorry, I don't know how to carry a post from one thread to another. This was a post by Bessie in the "search" thread.
"MOD NOTE:

Facts must be backed up with a link.
Speculation must be clearly stated as such,
(JMO, but...; Seems to me...; I wonder if...; I have a hunch...). Often, simply ending a post with the familiar "JMO", "IMO", and "MOO" will suffice.

With the many eyes which read here daily, it's so important that we not confuse the issues. Thanks to all of you wonderful members for helping WS to maintain a stellar reputation for accuracy.
HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

SolVol is not speculating. He is telling klily444 that she forgot a known fact and therefore her theory is proven to be incorrect.

They said forensic evidence also links Matthew to at least two other cases: the death of Morgan Harrington, whose body was discovered in Albemarle County in 2010, and a 2005 rape of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/12/us/virginia-murdered-daughter-familiy/index.html

We know the "forensic evidence" linking Morgan and the Fairfax rape victim is DNA.

Not sure if anyone has posted this. Though this piece highlights that he seems to have compassion, i am sure this will bring on a slew of nasty comments. I am more interested in what he was driving in 2007 vs 2009. Isn't the cab found recently a van? Why the turnover, or did he work for two different companies?

http://www.readthehook.com/81206/my-ride-jessie-mathew-1998-grand-marquis

Larger vehicles equals more fares he can pick up. Grand Marquis could probably seat 4 people plus the driver but even then it would be cramped.

Minivan increases that number to 7 with room for bags

Not needed for one or two person pickup but if he were doing airport runs...........

Not sure if anyone has posted this. Though this piece highlights that he seems to have compassion, i am sure this will bring on a slew of nasty comments. I am more interested in what he was driving in 2007 vs 2009. Isn't the cab found recently a van? Why the turnover, or did he work for two different companies?

http://www.readthehook.com/81206/my-ride-jessie-mathew-1998-grand-marquis

Interesting.

He may have addictions himself. He has a family member that does for sure

Did you ever think it resembled Jesse when you saw the sketch?

honestly? i never connected the two
when i originally saw the dailymail.uk on the 20th and saw that video from downtown, i recognized that person and then the doubts starting coming and i could see the remsemblence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett