JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'
He wouldn't be a very successful criminal if he told people his innermost desires, secrets, and crimes, people that would drop a dime on him.

It's kind of cliche', there was just a horrible crime in my city, and the neighbors were on TV saying he was just a nice guy.

Job#1 is not getting caught.

-

With all due respect, when LE announced that a forensic link tied JM to MH and given what we know about the other DNA sources etc. one can't help but to think there must be more. It's too coincidental for JM to be linked in someway to all of this yet he did NOTHING wrong. He must know something more. Running for the border didn't help his innocent claim either IMO

The forensic link sure sounds ominous, but we don't even know what that is. And running is not a good thing, but I can think of various reasons why an innocent man might do that. We still need a lot of pieces to replace emotions with facts.

The forensic link sure sounds ominous, but we don't even know what that is. And running is not a good thing, but I can think of various reasons why an innocent man might do that. We still need a lot of pieces to replace emotions with facts.

Ominous? Evie Ivy Over, I honor and respect your opinion, as well as respect all American citizen's constitutional rights..

When a person's dna is entered into FBI CODIS and a sketch and other info matching his description are linked to a minimum of two known very violent and heinous sex crimes in a close geographical area; rape/kidnapping/murder, as has JM. There is only one reason for him to clam up, refuse to cooperate with investigators, and then run for the nearest border; 'To escape justice'... jmo..

Once again, with all due respect, I feel there are tons of pieces that fit, unless the cab company's real name was rapists are us and they picked up the rapists and took them to their victims, while we don't have a ton of evidence/facts to prove his guilt, we also don't have a lot to prove his innocence and I personally feel we have more info that proves he was involved if not was the perp himself. JMO

With all due respect, when LE announced that a forensic link tied JM to MH and given what we know about the other DNA sources etc. one can't help but to think there must be more. It's too coincidental for JM to be linked in someway to all of this yet he did NOTHING wrong. He must know something more. Running for the border didn't help his innocent claim either IMO

You've hit the nail on the head! The odds of anyone being picked up that is also linked to MH and still be innocent is astronomical. I like to give the benefit of the doubt when warranted but not in this case.

I originally posted this in a different thread earlier today but it's probably better suited here. Especially after reading Spicer2000’s comment
“…but the LJ that I knew way back when was really nice and was, seriously, everyone's friend -- including girls/women.”
The following Virginia Appellate court document shows how some women felt safe around JM.

…” The victim became increasingly frightened by appellant’s presence and began
“running through the rest of the [stop]lights trying to get away.”
As she drove, the victim called her friend Jesse Matthew on her cell phone and then proceeded to
drive directly to Matthew’s house.
At this point, the victim testified that appellant abandoned his
pursuit of her before she reached Matthew’s street.”

https://cases.justia.com/virginia/court-of-appeals-unpublished/2689092.pdf?ts=1323968272

the victim called her friend Jesse Matthew on her cell phone and then proceeded to
drive directly to Matthew’s house.
briefed respectfully

True. Most who knew him well seem to have a terrible time reconciling what he's been accused of doing. There may be loyalty the memory of who he seemed to them. And it stops there, because otherwise, there's that sicken feeling you get when you've been betrayed, then betrayed by such horrible acts. It's human, but weak to avoid it. Right and wrong are still the same no matter who he seemed to his friends. I truly believe people like Spicer2000 have stronger characters so they get that. And good for them. I hope she gets verified, because she's been exemplary, if all this is true.

None of his friends knew any of the victims. Strangers to them. They don't mean as much to them. Distant people to them. But he is a gut punch to their sense of reality and themselves. That too is brutal, but not deadly, not utter despair, helplessness, hurt, his victims and their families' felt, feel. None of the victims may have known what he was capable of until too late. If he could fool the people who trusted him for yrs, then what chance did Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington, the 2 young women he is known to have raped at 2 colleges, the Fairfax '05 victim have?

OMG that is a brutal picture, particularly in light of what we know. He looks very much like the victim's police artist's drawing to me now that I see him frowning.
Very creepy picture.

No girl would stand a chance.

I think she wants to be left alone by the public. Very understandable. That doesn't mean she is not helping LE.

She has not come up once in the exchanges with ...spicer2000. that wish was respected completely

My sister had been married for 22 years to a man that she trusted implicitly - until he tried to strangle her in a fit of rage. We were all completely shocked. Me especially, when I saw the bruises encircling her neck.

My two cents, JMO, OMO, MOO and any other acronym you might think to add.

For me the mindblower is that there are so many people who think he was a great guy.

But then on the other hand we have consistent reports on the fact of how he treated women on his nights out. The bouncer at one place, wherever that is, fits with the description of his night out where Hannah disappeared.

What are the odds that his DNA is with the Fairfax rape victim and the sketch looks like him?

And there is DNA evidence with MH?

He is so unlucky?

And he is so unlucky to have two rape college reports?

Was his behavior in sync with what his church buddies think of him?

Is everyone conspiring against him?

You know, I never went to a single high school dance or social event, so, again, I'm not any help there. I assume he would've been at them -- especially Homecoming -- but I'm not sure if he had a date or not. Again, no help (and just proving how uncool I was in high school to boot!)
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but it's refreshing to hear from somebody who knew LJ and hasn't thrown him to the wolves (like the "friend" in Coy Barefoot's timeline and the bouncer CB quoted on CNN). Everything that I've read about LJ and have seen from high school pictures shows him as a very likable guy -- everyone's friend, as you've said. As somebody who has worked in schools for years, I'm curious to know if something I see quite often in the course of my work may be true of LJ, in your opinion. If he was part of the popular crowd, being a local hero for putting the school on the map in athletics, was he also the type who would be given leeway by administration if he committed any minor infractions, or did he stick to the rules faithfully in high school, as far as you know? Very often, I see kids who are well-liked by peers and adults who manage to get away with breaking rules where other kids would be held accountable. I'm not trying to pass judgment on LJ, but I do see this skating by happen quite often in my line of work, and more than once, the kids who have been given leeway often get into bigger trouble later down the road.

Thanks for considering the question.

Thanks Spicer and Conductor for reminding us that things are not always so cut and dry. I too have been offended by the quick willingness to dismiss JM as dim, a Lenny, a poor reader, not capable of planning, a mere jock, somehow less than human. And I am a white mom in her sixties! Most people start their lives with a hopeful heart, and when circumstances intervene to turn that course in a destructive direction, that is yet another tragedy among us. Your words humanize both him and our thinking.

To me JM is just another rapist and killer who hides behind the mask like so many others do.

And in every case like this it seems it will be family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors who are caught totally off guard. It just shows how cunning some can be to hide what really exist inside of them.

In just about every heinous case of murder discussed here all the family, friends, and neighbors come out in droves to say they are so shocked and he/she (suspect) was considered to be such a nice person. Example: He/she was always willing to help. He/she was always kind and so forth. Yet when the evidence comes forth in trial then it is learned they were far from being a nice person. Then we learn the exterior which was seen was nothing more than a a façade.

That is even more chilling to me that so many like JM 'appear' normal and it shows no one really knows anyone especially if they don't want them to know their deep dark inner secrets.

That is one of the very reasons they often get away with their viscous crimes for years. They appear one way to those who 'think' they know them and one way to the victims they rape and murder. Hiding in plain sight and always peering from behind the mask.

It is only the victims who sees the truth of who they really are and what they are capable of doing and in a cold unemotional remorseless unattached way.

Those like JM are very manipulative. They will pretend to be 'the good guy/woman' for that is how they hide their true inner selves from the world.

Yet, we now know that this normal appearing man was raping in 2002 and he raped only 9 months later. Even being expelled from one college did not stop his urges to harm and rape others and there was more violence to come and we may never really know how many victims JM has had for over a decade.:(

It is for certain..........a nice guy ........JM is not. He is a serial predator and a violent victimizer of defenseless women and as dangerous as they come.

IMO

For me the mindblower is that there are so many people who think he was a great guy.

But then on the other hand we have consistent reports on the fact of how he treated women on his nights out. The bouncer at one place, wherever that is, fits with the description of his night out where Hannah disappeared.

What are the odds that his DNA is with the Fairfax rape victim and the sketch looks like him?

And there is DNA evidence with MH?

He is so unlucky?

And he is so unlucky to have two rape college reports?

Was his behavior in sync with what his church buddies think of him?

Is everyone conspiring against him?

Ted Bundy was a great guy too, just remember that. Smart, witty, funny, a real ladies man, yet sadistic.

Ted Bundy was a great guy too, just remember that. Smart, witty, funny, a real ladies man, yet sadistic.

Exactly. He (TB) also worked a suicide hotline and saved a boy from drowning. Doesn't mean he didn't have his own psychopathy or monstrous desires that he ultimately fulfilled.

It's easy to see how people close to TB would think he was a great guy, it just doesn't make it the reality. I feel the same is true of JM.

It really should chill us all to the bone knowing how many of these SRs and SKs just blend right in. That means we can never tell just by looking at someone or even by thinking we know them well.

Gary Ridgeway was able to murder up to 70 women and still maintained a job he had held for almost 35 years. He was married with at least a son, that I have read about. Years went by and he was right there hiding in plain sight and continuing to murder all that time. Just your average Joe. He was so good that he was even able to pass a polygraph which sociopaths can easily do since they have no remorse or feelings for the victims they murder.

What it shows is serial rapists and brutal murderers can and often does look and act just like everyone else. The key word is 'act' for acting and pretending to be one way keeps LE away from their door. It worked for JM for over a decade but even the best serial killer or rapist will make a mistake when arrogance takes over.

There is no identifying them. They don't look like monsters. They only are monsters when they are with their victims brutalizing them.

Knowing that JM has long gotten away with a stream of violent crimes for over a decade, I knew his family, friends, and anyone who thought they knew him would be shocked and blindsided.

Now all the women that didn't know him that he pushed himself on probably aren't surprised at all about his arrest and possible other crimes.

When he is on the hunt for his next victim he worked alone and imo he does all of his crimes alone without any help from anyone else. He needed no help, he wanted no help, he wanted to savor every sickening violent moment with no one there but him and his helpless victim.

He really is no different than so many others who have done the same things. And the reaction by people who thought they knew him is really quite common place. He was never going to let anyone see who he really was.

IMO

I really don't know the answer to this question but....

Has anyone who was totally innocent fled from the police and refused to talk to them?

Since the argument has come up that he may flee for other reasons and still be innocent I have tried to think of ONE incidence where that has happened and I am drawing a blank.

From what I can recall when this has happened.....every one of them fled to avoid prosecution.

IMO

It really should chill us all to the bone knowing how many of these SRs and SKs just blend right in. That means we can never tell just by looking at someone or even by thinking we know them well.

Gary Ridgeway was able to murder up to 70 women and still maintained a job he had held for almost 35 years. He was married with at least a son, that I have read about. Years went by and he was right there hiding in plain sight and continuing to murder all that time. Just your average Joe. He was so good that he was even able to pass a polygraph which sociopaths can easily do since they have no remorse or feelings for the victims they murder.

What it shows is serial rapists and brutal murderers can and often does look and act just like everyone else. The key word is 'act' for acting and pretending to be one way keeps LE away from their door. It worked for JM for over a decade but even the best serial killer or rapist will make a mistake when arrogance takes over.

There is no identifying them. They don't look like monsters. They only are monsters when they are with their victims brutalizing them.

Knowing that JM has long gotten away with a stream of violent crimes for over a decade, I knew his family, friends, and anyone who thought they knew him would be shocked and blindsided.

Now all the women that didn't know him that he pushed himself on probably aren't surprised at all about his arrest and possible other crimes.

When he is on the hunt for his next victim he worked alone and imo he does all of his crimes alone without any help from anyone else. He needed no help, he wanted no help, he wanted to savor every sickening violent moment with no one there but him and his helpless victim.

He really is no different than so many others who have done the same things. And the reaction by people who thought they knew him is really quite common place. He was never going to let anyone see who he really was.

IMO

Bam! You hit the nail on the head with that post. I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member