JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she wants to be left alone by the public. Very understandable. That doesn't mean she is not helping LE.

Wow ~ yes. I would distance myself as far as I could from JLM in all social networks and media as possible ~ but I am certainly hopeful that she will be completely cooperative with LE.
Bless you girlfriend ~ praying that you have (and use) that key that can break this entire case open. I want you to be our heroine. I believe you hold that opportunity in your hands ~ I, for one, cannot understand why you would be more comfortable being left alone and not contributing.
Be strong, GF. it's your responsibility to help the sweet, innocent victims ~ past and present.

The food at your high school, the cafeteria, did kids like the food, or did groups go out to eat for lunch and hangout? What did his group do for fun? Hangouts that may have been known?

We weren't allowed to leave the school during school hours (unless you took afternoon classes at the vocational school or community college), so we had no choice but to eat in the cafeteria. From what I remember, lunch wasn't long enough to go out to get anything even if you wanted to.

I'm no help when it comes to hangouts or what they did on the weekends, sorry!

Don't be sorry. Thanks so much for everything so far. It helps. Do you remember any Halloween dances or socials, lj in particular?

You know, I never went to a single high school dance or social event, so, again, I'm not any help there. I assume he would've been at them -- especially Homecoming -- but I'm not sure if he had a date or not. Again, no help (and just proving how uncool I was in high school to boot!)

Um, keep what up? This was simply a response to someone else's accusations against WS'ers. It has nothing to do with legal reasoning as far as I can tell. Perhaps it doesn't belong here at all--but that is a fact you could have just pointed out kindly.

This thread will close if you keep this up, if the past is any indication, legal reasoning goes here. I'll thank you to notice:

Please refrain as best you can to not muddy the water.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257735-The-Charges-Against-Jesse-Leroy-Matthew

You make a good point actually, that this behavior might NOT be just from after the breakup because he was given a two month "timeout" from the bar by the bouncer, then he was let back in at the end of the summer. All just MO but it seems he would have had to act inappropriately several times before the bouncer would not let him back. Perhaps he started when things went bad with the gf, and perhaps she had a night job where he could easily be out late.
I can't picture him during his time out from the one bar sitting home doing nothing. I'm sure this has been taken care of but have they talked to other establishments around the area or maybe a little bit outside of the area. Maybe someone else encountered him. Maybe he tried other areas to keep as much under the radar. If people may have known how he acted they probably talked about him. So now he takes this 2 weeks and goes elsewhere. Old stomping grounds or a neighboring town who didn't know him. Now the area he's usually at may stop thinking about the creepy player guy. In the meantime a new area has no idea what or who he is. Might be charming to them. Just a very long winded thought...

Um, keep what up? This was simply a response to someone else's accusations against WS'ers. It has nothing to do with legal reasoning as far as I can tell. Perhaps it doesn't belong here at all--but that is a fact you could have just pointed out kindly.

No offense at all to you. I see that.

I, unfortunately, have a hard time giving too much credence to the "reporting" from Coy Barefoot.

If you, as a woman, were totally creeped out by a guy who was hitting on you all night, why on earth would you take a picture with him that would later be shared across all corners of the internet? See here: http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

I also question why a bouncer (who won't give his name -- why not?) felt LJ's behavior to be so threatening that he had to ban him for two months but then decided to let him back in a few months later because he "begged so hard" (I might be paraphrasing that). I can't help but feel that story may have come out of the need to sensationalize this tragedy.

This is in no way, shape, or form to say that LJ is innocent...just to take everything Mr. Barefoot writes with a grain of salt when trying to figure out who the real LJ is. Of course, JMO.

So there was one bus from the Stoney Point area? Can you ask them, if it is possible for you to ask?

Was there a bus after practices, sport events, or did kids get home on their own, generally?

Not trying to circle the wagons or anything here, just to get info to help find Hannah Graham, so her loved ones may feel some little measure of peace.

You've been great.

There were probably multiple buses -- I just happen to know people who lived in his neighborhood. I never rode the bus (great, now I'm uncool AND a snob), so not sure how many there would...but knowing that area and how many people were in our high school, there had to be more than one.

I know that LE has searched that neighborhood extensively.

Thanks for the welcome.

All I really can say is that those who know him well (so, not his "friend" who called him a prowler, etc.) are shocked. I left Charlottesville years ago and haven't been back much lately, but the LJ that I knew way back when was really nice and was, seriously, everyone's friend -- including girls/women. I've been reading a lot lately where the general public thinks that it was all a scam, but, I honestly do not believe he was anything other than sincere in that kindness. I'm not saying he's not guilty (I'm one of those crazy people who refuse to come to any personal verdict until it goes to trial and I see all the evidence), but I definitely never would have seen this one coming, so I'll be really interested to see what happens over the next few weeks/months.

<BBM; 'Bolded by me' for focus>

Hey Spicer2000, and welcome to the websleuths family. When locals and insiders<once verified> joins in on sleuthing a crime, the info that provide is very helpful for seeking the truth for us flat landers and outsiders. Thank you and all the other locals and insiders on this thread that have stepped forward to contribute to the discussion..
Spicer2000, how long has it been since you left Charlottesville, VA, or communicated with JM?

S'okay. You're cool here. What's the thing that stands out for you? If you were to ask friends who knew these things? If you have a chance to ask around?
Any specific impressions?

What stands out for me is that LJ was a follower, not a leader. If you gave him something to do (a play in football, for instance), he would do it...but he wouldn't be the one to come up with that play on his own. He needed someone else to help him find direction in his life, whether that was a coach or a friend, and he would be absolutely devoted to that person. While there's no evidence to suggest otherwise right now, I would not be surprised if there's more than one individual involved here (caveating that with: that is absolutely JMO).

<BBM; 'Bolded by me' for focus>

Spicer2000, how long has it been since you left Charlottesville, VA, or communicated with JM?

It's been six years since I left...and the last time I remember seeing him was right after he left Liberty.

It's been six years since I left...and the last time I remember seeing him was right after he left Liberty.

Did people know why he left there? He probably had to say something?

Thanks again. A human here too, I feel this as much as think it.

To be fair...I think many would be far more likely to extend him his right of presumed innocence if he had been willing to talk to LE instead of becoming a fugitive. When an 18 year old girl is missing, and the LAST KNOWN PERSON to be seen with her is unwilling to communicate with the police, a lot of us feel angry regardless of his innocence or guilt. Even if he is totally exonerated from all of this, I will still be angry that he was unwilling to help LE find this young woman.

Combine that with the video in which he does an about face to pursue Hannah, and it is really hard to pull back.

It's really frustrating for there to be SO much we just don't know about. Everyone wants JM to stand up and say where HM is, but...presuming innocence and knowing that we are being told next to nothing about LE interactions with the suspect and with people who have knowledge of details...how do you know that JM has told police as much as we do know? That he met up with HG, had a drink, and they both went their separate ways. Do we know for sure that he's not saying that?

As far as the video...what was going on with those people behind HG? Was there a lot of noise that drew everyone's attention? Were they heckling her, and that's why she was so upset? I have a feeling that's why JM and WG perked up when she came by--because of those people behind her.

To be fair...I think many would be far more likely to extend him his right of presumed innocence if he had been willing to talk to LE instead of becoming a fugitive. When an 18 year old girl is missing, and the LAST KNOWN PERSON to be seen with her is unwilling to communicate with the police, a lot of us feel angry regardless of his innocence or guilt. Even if he is totally exonerated from all of this, I will still be angry that he was unwilling to help LE find this young woman.

Combine that with the video in which he does an about face to pursue Hannah, and it is really hard to pull back.

<BBM for Focus>

Agree RSC, well said..
From observations of JM's demeanor and actions in the video on the night of 09/13/2014. JM was obviously stalking/persuing HG, and was on a perpetual mission in order to snare her in his web for a later attack. JM's compulsion to kill that night was so great that the extra precautions normally exercised by him; an experienced and escalated sexual predator/serial killer, were disregarded.. JMO

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html
Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
<sniped - read more>

4. Victim Selection
How does a serial killer select victims? The traditional school of thought holds that generally they select victims based on certain physical and/or personal characteristics. This assertion presupposes that, within the mind of each serial killer, there evolves synthesis of preferred characteristics and, ultimately, a clear, specific picture of his "ideal" victim, be it male or female, black or white, young or old, short or tall, large busted or small, shy or forward, and so on. Then, when that "typical" serial killer begins an active search for human prey, he will go to certain lengths to capture and victimize only those individuals who closely fit the mold.

What stands out for me is that LJ was a follower, not a leader. If you gave him something to do (a play in football, for instance), he would do it...but he wouldn't be the one to come up with that play on his own. He needed someone else to help him find direction in his life, whether that was a coach or a friend, and he would be absolutely devoted to that person. While there's no evidence to suggest otherwise right now, I would not be surprised if there's more than one individual involved here (caveating that with: that is absolutely JMO).

Long time lurker here.. first post..

This has been a concern for me from the beginning. I do not believe he acted alone. I had read somewhere that an old friend commented that he was playing online poker. Maybe he played some real life poker with the wrong crowd? I'm wondering if he got into some sort of debt and owed someone, then got into things like abducting women for sex trafficking-type of payback work. ? I think a large man who could lift two women up off their feet and carry them easily would come in handy for that sort of thing-especially if he came off as 'teddy bear' "nice".

Thanks for the welcome.

All I really can say is that those who know him well (so, not his "friend" who called him a prowler, etc.) are shocked. I left Charlottesville years ago and haven't been back much lately, but the LJ that I knew way back when was really nice and was, seriously, everyone's friend -- including girls/women. I've been reading a lot lately where the general public thinks that it was all a scam, but, I honestly do not believe he was anything other than sincere in that kindness. I'm not saying he's not guilty (I'm one of those crazy people who refuse to come to any personal verdict until it goes to trial and I see all the evidence), but I definitely never would have seen this one coming, so I'll be really interested to see what happens over the next few weeks/months.

Thanks Spicer and Conductor for reminding us that things are not always so cut and dry. I too have been offended by the quick willingness to dismiss JM as dim, a Lenny, a poor reader, not capable of planning, a mere jock, somehow less than human. And I am a white mom in her sixties! Most people start their lives with a hopeful heart, and when circumstances intervene to turn that course in a destructive direction, that is yet another tragedy among us. Your words humanize both him and our thinking.

Throughout this tragedy, I've not been able to imagine what HG's family is going through. Having a daughter who could have been a first year student at UVa, it's been a bit too close to home. At the same time, I can't begin to wrap my mind around what JM's family has experienced. Their situations are completely different, yet both sets of parents appear to have lost their child in one way or another. I've wondered if it were my child who was accused of what JM is and I had knowledge for LE, I would hope I would be brave enough to share it in hopes of easing the suffering of others. In truth, it would be a gut wrenching thing to do - to possibly sacrifice my own child for the benefit of others. Since I'm not experiencing it, it's easy for me to say, "of course I'd turn in my own child". I wouldn't be able to grasp that my child would be capable of doing some of the things JM is accused of. Though my children are legally adults, they're still my babies as obviously JM is still for his family, particularly his grandmother. I can only hope my faith would strengthen me to do the right thing.

It's really frustrating for there to be SO much we just don't know about. Everyone wants JM to stand up and say where HM is, but...presuming innocence and knowing that we are being told next to nothing about LE interactions with the suspect and with people who have knowledge of details...how do you know that JM has told police as much as we do know? That he met up with HG, had a drink, and they both went their separate ways. Do we know for sure that he's not saying that?

As far as the video...what was going on with those people behind HG? Was there a lot of noise that drew everyone's attention? Were they heckling her, and that's why she was so upset? I have a feeling that's why JM and WG perked up when she came by--because of those people behind her.

With all due respect, when LE announced that a forensic link tied JM to MH and given what we know about the other DNA sources etc. one can't help but to think there must be more. It's too coincidental for JM to be linked in someway to all of this yet he did NOTHING wrong. He must know something more. Running for the border didn't help his innocent claim either IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman