JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to FindHG (sorry, I goofed on the quote feature):

I meant that the very first character doesn't appear to be a "J" but the second does. He either wrote a "D" or "O" before his signature or the attorney made a quick mark showing him where to sign.

I think the most interesting part of his signature is the surname. Follow the line and it just meanders all over in no logical order.

Thanks! Never too late. I re-watched the tape of the TX, if that is where he signed it. The officer pointed to the signature line, no pen.

I can't help but think of Morgan's "discarded" T-shirt which may be the piece of evidence that linked JM to Morgan and the Fairfax victim. If JM is the one who placed the shirt in the bush, why? Was he mocking police? Why not throw it away? Why leave it out in the open? That shirt may very well lead to his downfall... I'm dying to know if he's the one who placed it (so very close to the location where he worked at the time and close to the location that HG went missing).

I can't help but think of Morgan's "discarded" T-shirt which may be the piece of evidence that linked JM to Morgan and the Fairfax victim. If JM is the one who placed the shirt in the bush, why? Was he mocking police? Why not throw it away? Why leave it out in the open? That shirt may very well lead to his downfall... I'm dying to know if he's the one who placed it (so very close to the location where he worked at the time and close to the location that HG went missing).

I'm starting to think he perhaps thought it would be a good "plant" to put it near the university and thus cast suspicion on a student. I bet he didn't think of DNA. He doesn't seem like he was that kind of a thinker (again, wasn't quite "book smart"). He left DNA on the Fairfax victim (IF he in fact is that perp of course). Really, anyone he rapes will have his dna as well. It just doesn't seem very smart to rape and murder people and discard their bodies relatively out in the open for people to find, if one is aware of the DNA connection. I think he was scared and just didn't think through it. MOO

Remember casey Anthonys childhood friend saying she thought she would have hidden caylee back behind the school where they used to play in that area where she was found ? She was right..

I didn't know near anything about that case... but it sure sounds right.

Figuring out an evil's man sweet spot/s feels like stepping in an abyss. Since this predator won't talk, it may ultimately take the people who knew him having the confidence and character to step up and share. They have nothing to fear. It's obvious he'll never be free again. And those who knew him, may have nurtured him, loved him, palled around with him, went fishing and hiking with him, they may have their life-times to consider whether they found it in themselves to help the people he so devastated.

This is just a hunch--but it has been niggling inside my brain a lot so I thought I'd share.

It appears from anyone who has spoken out about knowing JM, that they don't really hang out with him or anything. Most people have talked about knowing him from his younger days. Most all have said that he was a gentle giant, or someone akin to "Of Mice and Men's" Lenny character.

However, nobody has come forward to say--"Oh, JM and I are always going fishing together" or "LJ and I go to the movies sometimes" , etc.

I suppose I am trying to say that I don't think JM really has any close friendships these days. Sure, he sees familiar faces in the crowds where he goes out to drink and party, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming to be his best friend.

I could be totally wrong and his good friends are just in total disbelieving shock at the things they are now learning about JM.

What do you all think? Does he have any real friends? Not just work and past school mate acquaintances. Real friends who know his favorite hangouts in the woods? If so, they may well be of help in finding Hannah.

This is just a hunch--but it has been niggling inside my brain a lot so I thought I'd share.

It appears from anyone who has spoken out about knowing JM, that they don't really hang out with him or anything. Most people have talked about knowing him from his younger days. Most all have said that he was a gentle giant, or someone akin to "Of Mice and Men's" Lenny character.

However, nobody has come forward to say--"Oh, JM and I are always going fishing together" or "LJ and I go to the movies sometimes" , etc.

I suppose I am trying to say that I don't think JM really has any close friendships these days. Sure, he sees familiar faces in the crowds where he goes out to drink and party, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming to be his best friend.

I could be totally wrong and his good friends are just in total disbelieving shock at the things they are now learning about JM.

What do you all think? Does he have any real friends? Not just work and past school mate acquaintances. Real friends who know his favorite hangouts in the woods? If so, they may well be of help in finding Hannah.

I've thought about this too, and I wonder that *if* there are current friends and they've talked- if LE has requested that they not speak to the press?

I've thought about this too, and I wonder that *if* there are current friends and they've talked- if LE has requested that they not speak to the press?

and another big "ïf" - would those friends defend him regardless of the charges? and not talk to LE

Many familiar with him have been very generous with the press, and otherwise, as evidenced by this forum. Though there's no way to know, and, frankly don't have a need to know more (if ever ignorance was bliss), we can perhaps be certain that many more have helped get LE this far, but that it may take a minute.

and another big "ïf" - would those friends defend him regardless of the charges? and not talk to LE

I will be forever weirded out by the way his grandmother allegedly said he was a good boy because he liked to eat his greens- and even asked for seconds.

I mean, Huh what??!?!?!!!

Some of the alleged sources in this case have painted a really bizarre picture. . . .

I will be forever weirded out by the way his grandmother allegedly said he was a good boy because he liked to eat his greens- and even asked for seconds.

Some of the alleged sources in this case have painted a really bizarre picture. . . .

Agreed! What does him eating his greens have to do with anything? I LOVE me some greens and always eat seconds, but that doesn't make me a good girl unless I'm 2 years old and just FYI my 3 year old and 1 yo love them some greens....such good girls....lol
I guess what I'm trying to say here is everyone acted like he was 2 years old. VERY BIZZARE indeed! IMO

I don't find that so unusual coming from a grandmother, especially considering her statement probably was quoted out of context.

JMO

I'd say that's a safe bet.

JMO

I don't find that so unusual coming from a grandmother, especially considering her statement probably was quoted out of context.

JMO

Agreed. This was a) from the Daily Mail (IIRC), b) at the beginning when JLM was first identified as a POI, and c) it's his grandmother. I am certain she was in shock. I think all she was implying (if that's really what she said) was that the day that he came over, she noticed nothing out of the ordinary. That he behaved normally and ate normally, etc.

JMO
Totally agree-- as abhorrent as his acts may have been, he has a family that loves him and no doubt started life with a hopeful heart.

They're in difficult situation it would seem. There's the law, which the predator faces, then there's the whole public perception of guilt by association which, I would humbly think, has a chance of getting worse if they keep defending him publicly, and not just in their hearts. I find it hard to judge them, but am hoping against hope they'll quietly help, as they work this out for themselves.

They're lucky to have you looking out for them. Thanks, as ever.

There are some who will never face facts,

Look at the supporters that Ted Bundy had. Even got himself a wife in prison!

Casey Anthony got money for her account in jail.

Whatever.

Imo, other than family, JM would not have had any close friends or long term friendships, only slight acquaintances, and would have likely been a loner. JMO, but primarily due to him living a secret life; good JM/evil JM. Friends share their innermost feelings and secrets, even if by accident; leakage/slips of the tongue. Consider the description of JM's behavior in the bar/s on the night of 09/17/2014. Would you want to be known as JM's close friend? Jesse/s lived in their own very private little fantasy world. Evil Jesse, only showed himself when it was no longer necessary to maintain his chameleonlike personality that allowed him to fit in. The only friends that he could claim as his own were his many innocent victims. Imo, this is why he refuses to cooperate and is being silent.. He doesn't want to loose them.. JMO

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/antisocial-personality-disorder-symptoms/
<Sniped & BBM>

Antisocial Personality Disorder Symptoms

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual&#8217;s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder
Antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed when a person&#8217;s pattern of antisocial behavior has occurred since age 15 (although only adults 18 years or older can be diagnosed with this disorder) and consists of the majority of these symptoms:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
Impulsivness or failure to plan ahead
Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another...

I was largely raised by my grandmother, so I don't always see them as fitting into a sort of milk-and-cookies role that a lot of people do. Of course everyone is different, so that makes for a lot of different grandmothers out there. ;0)

I know my grandmother would have bypassed trying to make me sound nice and gone directly to the "Get off my lawn!" phase. She would have also likely thrown in a "And I'm calling the police if you trample my flowers!" for good measure.

The Daily Mail is hardly the NYTimes though, so of course you never know if they actually talked to her for like two hours and just took sensationalist bits and pieces out of the convo.

It will be interested to see what the family says in court, if they ever end up on the stand.

They're in difficult situation it would seem. There's the law, which the predator faces, then there's the whole public perception of guilt by association which, I would humbly think, has a chance of getting worse if they keep defending him publicly, and not just in their hearts. I find it hard to judge them, but am hoping against hope they'll quietly help, as they work this out for themselves.

Agreed for the most part, but I don't think there would be now, or in the future, any guilt by association. Even if JM is ultimately found guilty, I don't think there is anyone rational that would hold his friends or family responsible in any way. Obviously if JM had help in his crimes that would be a different story, but there's no evidence whatsoever to assume that he did and shouldn't even be speculated on (not saying you are FindHG, just a general statement). Just a hard situation for those close to him in so many ways. :(

I'm starting to think he perhaps thought it would be a good "plant" to put it near the university and thus cast suspicion on a student. I bet he didn't think of DNA. He doesn't seem like he was that kind of a thinker (again, wasn't quite "book smart"). He left DNA on the Fairfax victim (IF he in fact is that perp of course). Really, anyone he rapes will have his dna as well. It just doesn't seem very smart to rape and murder people and discard their bodies relatively out in the open for people to find, if one is aware of the DNA connection. I think he was scared and just didn't think through it. MOO

Yeah, how that shirt got there is perplexing. Maybe it's possible that the shirt was in his cab and then he got a call to pick someone up and noticed the shirt was in the car, so he threw it out the window so the new passenger wouldn't discover it. Total speculation, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
april89