JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What always strikes me is just how normal these people that can do these heinous things seem. It's almost mundane. It's frightening to think about that way. But I also think it lends some hope. . .maybe there are things we can do to prevent people from acting out in this way.

Yes, I was thinking the whole time I was reading that the subject could have been drinking or drugs rather than the horrible things he did do to compensate. It was so surreal. I've been thinking about it all afternoon.

People keep saying he is innocent until proven guilty. That is true in court.

However, LE brings evidence to court stating he is GUILTY and why.

The court determines if what is presented is enough to call him guilty.

The State does not state they are bringing an innocent man to trial.

The State brings evidence of guilt, but that evidence doesn't always carry enough weight for the verdict they are seeking. Once they "commit" themselves, they don't usually back off--I think they do what they can to fill in the holes. And they're not always successful...and in the meantime, the bad guy stays at large.

The State brings evidence of guilt, but that evidence doesn't always carry enough weight for the verdict they are seeking. Once they "commit" themselves, they don't usually back off--I think they do what they can to fill in the holes. And they're not always successful...and in the meantime, the bad guy stays at large.

He is a plenty bad guy.And I think he is waaaay badder than MH ,Fairfax, two college rapes and Hannah.

People like to banter at work.

He did look like the sketch because.................. Because it is him!

Didn't one of the girls missing or murdered in VA have a dog with her at the time she went missing? And they never found the dog (boxer I think?).

Was it a recent case? I don't recall. Curious about what Popcorn looked like as I saw a similar man in July walking a pitbull. Just can't seem to find a pic.

Did I miss that clothing was found at JM's, or could this info. be an error?
rbbm.

http://www.universityherald.com/art...reason-to-rush-case-against-jesse-matthew.htm

"Police searched Matthew's apartment and found several of Graham's possessions, including clothing, though Longo did not discuss the evidence against the suspect"

Because of this, I would consider university herald a dubious source. NO where have I seen such a specific description of what was taken during the search and IIRC police declined to give any information on what they found and removed from his home and car. I would really like to know the "reporter's" source for this statement.

Oh, I completely missed it said Graham's clothing. Let us know what they say! I can't imagine that wouldn't have been well discussed by now if true. Good catch!

He hasn't responded to my email yet. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

This settles it all...ALL OF THE QUESTIONS EVERYONE HAS HAD ABOUT IF MH'S PERP WAS LINKED BY DNA TO THE FAIRFAX RAPIST.
View attachment 61134
I found this interesting and it does answer some questions we've had here, apparently that sketch was also used in the MH case, not just the Fairfax case. Which would make clear to me that they are thought to be one and the same. In which they are linked by DNA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788199/police-seize-cab-used-hannah-graham-suspect-jesse-matthew-dna-evidence-links-murder-virginia-tech-student-morgan-harrington-2009.html

This settles it all...

I found this interesting and it does answer some questions we've had here, apparently that sketch was also used in the MH case, not just the Fairfax case. Which would make clear to me that they are thought to be one and the same. In which they are linked by DNA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788199/police-seize-cab-used-hannah-graham-suspect-jesse-matthew-dna-evidence-links-murder-virginia-tech-student-morgan-harrington-2009.html

The bigger question I have is whether HG and MH are linked by DNA. I know that Fairfax and MH are linked by DNA, but am curious what the forensic link between HG and MH is.

Was it a recent case? I don't recall. Curious about what Popcorn looked like as I saw a similar man in July walking a pitbull. Just can't seem to find a pic.

Well, there lies my problem...I cannot remember much other than what I wrote and it is driving me insane! I will keep looking though.

This settles it all...

You're still not getting it. THAT guy, whom we all pray is JM, is linked by DNA to both MH and Fairfax.

But is that the only source of DNA found on MH? If not, how many others were there? Let's go with 10 just for giggles.

JM's could be one of 10, and this guy in this sketch who is forensically linked to MH and Fairfax, another one of the 10 but not JM or the other eight we don't know who they are.

That's all I'm saying. It is not yet fact. And for those of us with teenaged daughters and friends at risk walking and driving these streets, we will not rest until it is fact or that guy in that sketch is found.

I wish you could understand that and stop stating non-truths. It is emotionally disturbing and potentially inaccurate. We pray they are one in the same. No one yet knows they are.

(modsnip)

1. Let's say a guy named John raped Fairfax girl.
2. Let's say that because Morgan had been in contact with many people the night she disappeared, she had John's DNA on her/her clothing and Jesse's DNA on her/her clothing, as well as some random other people. LE now connects John with MH and Fairfax.
3. Now Hannah goes missing, but the problem is that Hannah is connected to Jesse, and Jesse is connected to Morgan.
Where is John? Is he still walking the streets?

It's likely and probable that JM is the sketch, but now that Hannah is missing, it is slightly possible that the link brought about a new person, Jesse. Even a slight possibility is enough to cause worry.

Feel free to correct me if you guys feel like I botched this in any way. JMO.

He played poker, right?

Kenny Rogers is bringing me comfort at the moment.

Respectfully, be aware that the Daily Mail is pretty widely considered to be what is referred to in the U.K. as a "tabloid" ... meaning that the paper's journalistic ethics and accuracy are, ah, somewhat lacking. This article repeats at least one point that's been expressly denied by VSP (that JLM was interviewed in 2009). But the larger point is that there's plenty of confirmation in mainstream news media (MSN), including the Washington Post, that, "according to sources close to the investigation," that the forensic evidence in question is indeed DNA. In terms of what this tell us about JLM, there appears to be pretty solid evidence that at least LINKS him to MH and Fairfax... for me at least, this is indeed a settled issue.

(modsnip)

1. Let's say a guy named John raped Fairfax girl.
2. Let's say that because Morgan had been in contact with many people the night she disappeared, she had John's DNA on her/her clothing and Jesse's DNA on her/her clothing, as well as some random other people. LE now connects John with MH and Fairfax.
3. Now Hannah goes missing, but the problem is that Hannah is connected to Jesse, and Jesse is connected to Morgan.
Where is John? Is he still walking the streets?

It's likely and probable that JM is the sketch, but now that Hannah is missing, it is slightly possible that the link brought about a new person, Jesse. Even a slight possibility is enough to cause worry.

Feel free to correct me if you guys feel like I botched this in any way. JMO.

But - you forgot - they connected Jesse's DNA with the 2005 Fairfax rape - and possibly numerous other victims.

The addition of Jesse Leroy Matthew's DNA to the national database had a rather significant yield, as LE has hinted, and allowed us to assume.

Just wanted to shout out a "thank you" to the WS'er who recommended the book, "The Unlikely Disciple" by Kevin Roose. It's a book about Liberty University, where JM attended for awhile. Great book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor