JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still surprised that of all those people walking near HG in (I think) the Sal's video, we haven't heard from any of them. I'm sure LE have, but it seems odd to me that with that many, none have been quoted in the press. At least I'm unaware if they have. While they might not have been aware of HG at the time, surely they recognize themselves in the video and could describe what, if anything, was going on at the time of the video.

Also, I believe Spicer stated JM seemed to be more of a follower than a leader. Maybe his adult behavior/assaults are a result of wanting to be a "leader" and take control.

The people who were in the video have probably been told by LE that they will be important witnesses at the trial, and NOT to talk to the press as this could mess up the investigation or the trial. Same with JM's roommates, his ex gf, the friends HG was with that night etc. The people who ARE talking to the press might have some ulterior motives (such as wanting their 15 minutes of fame) and their accounts should be taken with a pinch of salt. Jmo

For me the mindblower is that there are so many people who think he was a great guy.

But then on the other hand we have consistent reports on the fact of how he treated women on his nights out. The bouncer at one place, wherever that is, fits with the description of his night out where Hannah disappeared.

What are the odds that his DNA is with the Fairfax rape victim and the sketch looks like him?

And there is DNA evidence with MH?

He is so unlucky?

And he is so unlucky to have two rape college reports?

Was his behavior in sync with what his church buddies think of him?

Is everyone conspiring against him?

I think it's REALLY important to remember that there is just a "forensic link." As far as I know (and, please, correct me if I'm wrong) there has been no LE authority who has confirmed that it's DNA evidence and VSP is refusing to go beyond "forensic link".

I knew the people who were 'trouble makers' in school and would be able to name them, even to this day. LJ was not one of them. It's possible that, with whatever possible learning disability he might have had, he would've goofed off in class, but if a teacher were to ask him to cut it out, I would think he would immediately become deferential. His friends, also, weren't trouble makers. They were on the football team and were required to maintain decorum in the classroom.

And yes, while he was the Athlete of the Year and a champion, I think it's important to remember that we're not in Texas. Besides George Allen and Michael Vick (who's not even from this part of Virginia), we don't churn out great football players. I'm pretty sure that the coaches and teachers realized that. YES, they might have been district champs, but I'd think it's a pretty safe bet to say that no one thought that any of the kids would go over to win Superbowls...so I don't think that by disciplining them, they would run the risk of affecting their future in the same way that it would affect another kid in a different state. Of course, totally MO...

I found it interesting that once the investigation progressed his pastor stopped giving interviews. I recall a reporter standing outside the church, or congregation hall, stating, there was a record of him signing up, then nothing about the pastor, nothing about him attending, nothing else. His name in register was all that was left to the story with the pastor. I took that to mean he was not a regular attendee or they would have said so and the pastor, who was reported to give a reference to the hospital, said no more.

As someone who received threats against me and my family for publicly saying how I remembered LJ to be a kind, gentle person -- the pastor's silence does not surprise me. Especially in a town where racial issues still linger, if, albeit, not obviously so.

IMO, I wouldn't read too much into that, although your points could definitely be valid (I have no idea).

I think it's REALLY important to remember that there is just a "forensic link." As far as I know (and, please, correct me if I'm wrong) there has been no LE authority who has confirmed that it's DNA evidence and VSP is refusing to go beyond "forensic link".

There have been many postings of the DNA link made by LE. If you search Heroine's name, they will come up.

As someone who received threats against me and my family for publicly saying how I remembered LJ to be a kind, gentle person -- the pastor's silence does not surprise me. Especially in a town where racial issues still linger, if, albeit, not obviously so.

IMO, I wouldn't read too much into that, although your points could definitely be valid (I have no idea).

I hope you reported those threats to LE

There have been many postings of the DNA link made by LE. If you search Heroine's name, they will come up.

Did a quick search and all I can find is that DNA evidence definitely links MH to the 2005 rape case (so, same perp there), but the connection between HG/JM and MH is a "forensic link." Media is reporting that it's DNA, but LE hasn't confirmed that. Anyway, I think this post is off topic, so I can go find the other thread and post there...don't want to get yelled at!

Spicer2000, I am sorry you have been threatened for sharing your experiences with LJ. These sad situations seem to bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. Thank you for your insights on WS.

Wow--thank you, Spicer, for your perspective. It really helps a lot. I can absolutely see how losing his sports identity (as huge as it was) left him like a ship without a port. Hope you remain with us--I'm a newbie, too. All rational perspectives are important, and yes, this is an amazing site with admirable people who value rational thought.

i also am going to add that his best friends had married and moved on... and away from charlottesville
he visited them occasionally but it was never the same... when he went to visit, they were with their new significant others

That would be great!

Did he have a girlfriend in HS?

Did he have best friends he hung around with?

Did he have a job in HS?

i do know he did research studies for money and that he did have great friends that he even roomed with... and that went to college with him and even went to newport news with...

I can't picture him during his time out from the one bar sitting home doing nothing. I'm sure this has been taken care of but have they talked to other establishments around the area or maybe a little bit outside of the area. Maybe someone else encountered him. Maybe he tried other areas to keep as much under the radar. If people may have known how he acted they probably talked about him. So now he takes this 2 weeks and goes elsewhere. Old stomping grounds or a neighboring town who didn't know him. Now the area he's usually at may stop thinking about the creepy player guy. In the meantime a new area has no idea what or who he is. Might be charming to them. Just a very long winded thought...

a lot of high schoolers like to sit home and play videos games and smoke pot

$150/ week! Woah! How could he buy a cab with that?

And no assets listed. Hm

i also am going to add that his best friends had married and moved on... and away from charlottesville
he visited them occasionally but it was never the same... when he went to visit, they were with their new significant others

If you don't mind my asking -- do you know the town/area that he went to visit them? TIA.

so I need to put this out there has anyone noticed that as so as they had LJ in jail the police stopped putting out video / photo/anything at all and some ppl say they have video or a photo of her getting into his car well then where is it
any thoughts to this

There's a lot of info re JM's apartment, finances, etc that I'm reading about for the first time.
FWIW.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/16/graham-mystery-murder-charlottesville/17216765/

ETA: and some other quotes from witnesses that night, as I'm still reading...

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting and informative...

This is my first post. I joined a couple of weeks ago but so far have just been reading, following and saying 'thanks' every now and then. I'm amazed at the great thoughts and points that are shared here.

There's a lot of info re JM's apartment, finances, etc that I'm reading about for the first time.
FWIW.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/16/graham-mystery-murder-charlottesville/17216765/

ETA: and some other quotes from witnesses that night, as I'm still reading...

The article says that JM lived alone. What about the roommates that moved out? Even if they weren't listed on the lease, there have been reports that he had roommates! THIS is exactly why the press is so frustrating. A basic search would have told the reporter that JM had roommates that moved out shortly after JM's car and the apartment were searched.

"Jesse Matthew Jr. lived by himself 3 miles from Charlottesville's historic downtown in a red-brick complex of garden apartments built in the late 1960s. His two-bedroom first-floor bachelor pad, which has been closed to the media until USA TODAY visited, was dominated by a large-screen TV that was frequently tuned to football games, and decorated with inspirational messages."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie