JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought this was interesting also...just doing research looking for commonalities. :)

Does anyone know what JLM's grandfathers name is? Yes!
Carr] Davis, Eliza Timberlake. Carr Family of Isle of Wight and Nansemond Counties, Virginia. Berryville, Va.: Virginia, ca. 1950. Available at FHL. Available at Virginia Historical Society.

I would consider myself a Genealogist and yes, I have traced the Carr's, but probably can't discuss them here. JLM's Grandfather has been deceased since 1984, and that is probably the only thing I would be permitted to say. Your Isle of Wright Family does not appear to be his family.

I would consider myself a Genealogist and yes, I have traced the Carr's, but probably can't discuss them here. JLM's Grandfather has been deceased since 1984, and that is probably the only thing I would be permitted to say. Your Isle of Wright Family does not appear to be his family.

Was that his paternal or maternal grandfather? Thanks so much.

You are technically correct, but pretty much any time we start discussing his family members, we incur the wrath of the mods.

[modsnip]

I'm not a genealogist, but have some links to share about the JLM family cemeteries, etc. I would welcome anything you all would wish to share with me. My forebears came from Spotsylvania county through SC on to NE GA and later in my lifetime to SGA where I spent the majority of my life.

Virginia history is fascinating, but the crime history of the last century and the fate of many women there is horrifying.
I'm hoping DNA and modern forensics, good training for LE, (and amateur sleuthing ::cool: as well as new trends in interventional psychology/psychiatry will make a difference and stop these perpetrators before they grow into kidnapper/serial killer/rapists.

[modsnip].

I'm not a genealogist, but have some links to share about the JLM family cemeteries, etc. I would welcome anything you all would wish to share with me. My forebears came from Spotsylvania county through SC on to NE GA and later in my lifetime to SGA where I spent the majority of my life.

Virginia history is fascinating, but the crime history of the last century and the fate of many women there is horrifying.
I'm hoping DNA and modern forensics, good training for LE, (and amateur sleuthing ::cool: as well as new trends in interventional psychology/psychiatry will make a difference and stop these perpetrators before they grow into kidnapper/serial killer/rapists.
Actually, if the topic of his genealogy could be relevant to the case, perhaps you could pm a mod and ask if it can be posted here. If it can be, I am sure many would be interested in learning what you found.

Not to change topic, and do not know how to reference a compound idea but, I went over a news report about a girl that spent a lot of time with JLM at Liberty.

I am confused by her description and concern for JLM.

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out

As well, it is about the 3rd time someone has been interviewed and suggest to look into a team approach to the crime.

If that was the case, why is there uncertainty or action in identify other group members?

What if JLM has a way to leverage opportunity of other guys relationships with the girls, he gains the familiarity and confidence, then he makes a move to set up an opportunity and eventually acts.

This give JLM time to size up the personality and develop a custom approach. Other guys might be involved that have similar intentions but let JLM take all the risk. Or they know JLM's desire and encourage him. These guys are staying away.

A group approach could account for the large number of missing girls along 29. Their collective work to conceal the victims.

<modsnip>

This might fall into the logic of the HM T-shirt being placed across a bush in front of the apartment complex.

The ones where JLM is caught are a result of working alone with more difficulty hiding the victims. Again, the guys that know JLM remain distant from the him. I believe a deeper review of his male associates/friends would be useful in getting to know JLM.

Not to change topic, and do not know how to reference a compound idea but, I went over a news report about a girl that spent a lot of time with JLM at Liberty.

As well, it is about the 3rd time someone has been interviewed and suggest to look into a team approach to the crime.

If that was the case, why is there uncertainty or action in identify other group members?

What if JLM has a way to leverage opportunity of other guys relationships with the girls, he gains the familiarity and confidence, then he makes a move to set up an opportunity and eventually acts.

This give JLM time to size up the personality and develop a custom approach. Other guys might be involved that have similar intentions but let JLM take all the risk. Or they know JLM's desire and encourage him. These guys are staying away.

A group approach could account for the large number of missing girls along 29. Their collective work to conceal the victims.

http://.com/2014/09/29/confirmation...-old-virginia-tech-student-morgan-harrington/

This might fall into the logic of the HM T-shirt being placed across a bush in front of the apartment complex.

The ones where JLM is caught are a result of working alone with more difficulty hiding the victims. Again, the guys that know JLM remain distant from the him. I believe a deeper review of his male associates/friends would be useful in getting to know JLM.

can you go more into detail about what you mean here? do you think he may have been stalking in conjunction with a friend?

http://.com/2014/09/29/confirmation...-old-virginia-tech-student-morgan-harrington/

I'm not sure I'm following-

Do you think he was preying on his friends' girlfriends? "...leverage opportunity of other guys relationships..." B/c that makes no sense to me. His friends would eventually be missing their girlfriends.... Even if they weren't girlfriends- just girl friends- then some type of pretty direct relationship would have come out between JM and the victims. So far, to my understanding, it is currently being presumed that JM did not regularly socialize previously with MH or HG. And the Fairfax victim certainly didn't know him. All things point to him attacking/victimizing people he doesn't know (or at least has not become very familiar with)

Besides the MH t-shirt being placed on a bush (which I don't think indicates an accomplice btw), what have you seen in the JM cases that make you suspect he did anything but act alone?

(modsnip)

Mods have asked us not to link to that 'treehouse' site.......

I'm not sure I'm following-

Do you think he was preying on his friends' girlfriends? "...leverage opportunity of other guys relationships..." B/c that makes no sense to me. His friends would eventually be missing their girlfriends.... Even if they weren't girlfriends- just girl friends- then some type of pretty direct relationship would have come out between JM and the victims. So far, to my understanding, it is currently being presumed that JM did not regularly socialize previously with MH or HG. And the Fairfax victim certainly didn't know him. All things point to him attacking/victimizing people he doesn't know (or at least has not become very familiar with)

Besides the MH t-shirt being placed on a bush (which I don't think indicates an accomplice btw), what have you seen in the JM cases that make you suspect he did anything but act alone?

from what i can tell, it seems there is conjecture that one of lj's friends could be implicated and that is strange

Mods have asked us not to link to that 'treehouse' site.......

Ok, I can understand, it is a site that is repeating what is being produced here and perhaps considered a third party source rather than direct from news media or original source.

Thanks.

Actually, I've wondered if he had an accomplice also. Some descriptions I've read of JM, especially those descriptions given by friends of his, might lead me to believe that he would be more likely to follow direction from a "ringleader" type than to make plans and carry them out on his own. I have even wondered if that's what happened to him THIS time - perhaps this is the first abduction he tried to commit on his own, which then might be the reason he was so careless about being seen on video with Hannah and perhaps even about using his cell phone at incriminating times.

AND when you think about it, the "dump site" this time wasn't nearly as effective at keeping HG hidden for an extended period of time as the site where MH was found. At MH's site, even if there had been 50 buzzards, it was so secluded that no one would have seen them. Seems to me that the period of time that passes before discovery could make a big difference in the amount of evidence that LE would be able to collect from remains and the immediate vicinity.

He was evidently on his own with the Fairfax victim, but that wasn't an abduction attempt, apparently.

Just something I've wondered about...pure conjecture...

<modsnip>

My assumption is that JLM does not maintain close enough contact with "friend" circles but when he does hook up with a group that these are potential opportunities to see other girls when they are socializing. I don't know how tight the girls and guys are to JLM in the photo's we see him in but at least they are acquainted.

I don't know what the guys know about JLM. Was there even a hint to them like the Bartender that warned him and temporarily kicked him out of the bar. I can see his acquaintence friends having some issues when the gir friends crowd came around. We see the a girl he is sitting next to on a public patio leaning away from him as if he was invading her space during a picture shot.

Take the image of how he managed to include himself with a group of girls and remaind persistant as a taxi driver and in a bar. Then imagine how this plays out in a more subdued manner in a more polite environment. It still persists and he still tries to connect. So, why could he not take advantage of that opportunity when he sees the girl in a public space by herself. He would do that and she would probably remember and that opens up an opportunity because the awkward guy is "awkward" a "harmless teddy bear" when they last saw him with the guys and girl friends right. He is always on and looking for opportunity.

......So, why could he not take advantage of that opportunity when he sees the girl in a public space by herself. He would do that and she would probably remember and that opens up an opportunity because the awkward guy is "awkward" a "harmless teddy bear" when they last saw him with the guys and girl friends right. He is always on and looking for opportunity.

I think it's already been established that JM was often awkward around girls and made girls sometimes feel uncomfortable in social situations. I'm sure he did try to weasel himself into as many girl-friendly environments as possible. I see that as common knowledge by this point. I think it's also already been established that many who were friends with him were in shock to think that the JM they knew had another very dark and private side. It has blindsided many of these people who knew him. Whether or not JM made some girls uncomfortable in social situations is a moot point- b/c we know he did. Sure, it sheds some light into his character- he's awkward, didn't get the girl, it might have bred resentment, etc. etc. Maybe he even tried to figure out better how to relate to girls and gain their trust by inserting himself into as many situations as he could. But at this point, all of that is understood I think.

But to conjecture that JM was scheming on girls in his social circles in order to then attack them is pretty unfounded IMO. No one in his social circles is missing or dead that I know of (?) And I'm sure we'd know.

I'm confounded as to what any of this has to do with his actual friends though. "Deeper review" makes no sense to me. And TOS is, I believe, quite applicable here as well :)

The ones where JLM is caught are a result of working alone with more difficulty hiding the victims. Again, the guys that know JLM remain distant from the him. I believe a deeper review of his male associates/friends would be useful in getting to know JLM.[/QUOTE

My assumption is that JLM does not maintain close enough contact with "friend" circles but when he does hook up with a group that these are potential opportunities to see other girls when they are socializing. I don't know how tight the girls and guys are to JLM in the photo's we see him in but at least they are acquainted.

I don't know what the guys know about JLM. Was there even a hint to them like the Bartender that warned him and temporarily kicked him out of the bar. I can see his acquaintence friends having some issues when the gir friends crowd came around. We see the a girl he is sitting next to on a public patio leaning away from him as if he was invading her space during a picture shot.

Take the image of how he managed to include himself with a group of girls and remaind persistant as a taxi driver and in a bar. Then imagine how this plays out in a more subdued manner in a more polite environment. It still persists and he still tries to connect. So, why could he not take advantage of that opportunity when he sees the girl in a public space by herself. He would do that and she would probably remember and that opens up an opportunity because the awkward guy is "awkward" a "harmless teddy bear" when they last saw him with the guys and girl friends right. He is always on and looking for opportunity.

BBM...Could you point me to any links to support these claims by two other interviewees? I apparently missed those. Thanks!

Perhaps I expressed too much in one post, my sincere apology. I'll repost this/

I am confused by the gir's description and concern for JLM as highlighted in the link below.

http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/c...ews-speaks-out

Perhaps the girl is serving the role of a caring "mom" that joins hm for breakfast and helps him with his studies.

Certainly JLM is portryed differently by the girl then what we learned about the petite girls he could sweep off the street with ease.

It has been over 10 yrs since his college time at Liberty correct ?

So glad for C'ville area women that he is contained behind bars.

He probably has more victims as I have heard in the news.

I think it's already been established that JM was often awkward around girls and made girls sometimes feel uncomfortable in social situations. I'm sure he did try to weasel himself into as many girl-friendly environments as possible. I see that as common knowledge by this point. I think it's also already been established that many who were friends with him were in shock to think that the JM they knew had another very dark and private side. It has blindsided many of these people who knew him. Whether or not JM made some girls uncomfortable in social situations is a moot point- b/c we know he did. Sure, it sheds some light into his character- he's awkward, didn't get the girl, it might have bred resentment, etc. etc. Maybe he even tried to figure out better how to relate to girls and gain their trust by inserting himself into as many situations as he could. But at this point, all of that is understood I think.

But to conjecture that JM was scheming on girls in his social circles in order to then attack them is pretty unfounded IMO. No one in his social circles is missing or dead that I know of (?) And I'm sure we'd know.

I'm confounded as to what any of this has to do with his actual friends though. "Deeper review" makes no sense to me. And TOS is, I believe, quite applicable here as well :)

i tend to agree with you... the interview of the former college acquaintance seems bizarre because the behavior appears to have started back in college (i.e. allegations of rape)... and that is when she knew him. why would that equate into doing this with a friend?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back