JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know the current topic in this thread is about JLM's IQ but I was reading MSM reports about him from September 20th 2014 @ nbc29.com's website and found this part interesting. Georgetown Road in Albemarie County??

On Friday police executed two search warrants in connection with the case at an apartment - condo complex located off Georgetown Road in Albemarle County. One of the search warrants was for Matthew's car, a burnt-orange 1998 Chrysler Coupe. The other was for his apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way.

Sorry if this has already been discussed and i somehow missed it.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26584327...y-of-person-of-interest-in-hannah-graham-case

Why was this interesting to you? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Georgetown Road runs in front of the Hessian Hills condos, where JLM lived. Though it's officially in Albemarle County, it's definitely residential/suburban and only about 1/2 mile outside the city limits of Charlottesville. JMO, naturally (but I drive it pretty much every day ;-).

Why was this interesting to you? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Georgetown Road runs in front of the Hessian Hills condos, where JLM lived. Though it's officially in Albemarle County, it's definitely residential/suburban and only about 1/2 mile outside the city limits of Charlottesville. JMO, naturally (but I drive it pretty much every day ;-).

Because his car wasn't parked at his apartment it was parked in Albemarie County. I park my car at my apartment.

JMO

Because his car wasn't parked at his apartment it was parked in Albemarie County. I park my car at my apartment.

JMO

I think it was parked at his apartment, off Georgetown Rd, in Albemarle County, yes?

i'm not sure what your point is here ...
(the original post included the term "mentally retarded")
this thread is about jlm and hence my opinion has been stated in reference to jlm - not any defendant
not wanting to argue semantics here - potentially time i bow out of this discussion

Paulap,

Has anyone asked you to share your experience with JLM ? I would be interested in certain antedotes that may help us learn more about who JLM is. Are you able to provide a few brief experiences/observations and answer a few questions following ?

Thanks in advance.

JMO

I think it was parked at his apartment, off Georgetown Rd, in Albemarle County, yes?

That's the way I understood it too.

It bothers me more that RAT lived off Georgetown Rd. in 2004. I sure wish we could come up with the whereabouts of JM during that time.

"Defense won’t seek psychiatric evaluation of Jesse Matthew"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z12

Now this is strange,why wouldn't defense want psych evaluation? The only thing that makes sense is they are going for a plea deal. Saying basically 'ok he did it' ; that way it takes the case away from prosecution and the judge in Fairfax; for first time offender, should give a lighter sentence. It's a strategy, plea to this,then psych exam for C'ville cases,to help defend JM on tougher burden of proof charges. Sentencing is a point system that adds previous convictions to new charges,by the plea deal the points would be less going into the unknown charges.It's like a chess game,both sides have a plan to execute. Just my opinion of course.

And there's that charge again - "attempted capital murder"! What does that mean?

https://vacode.org/18.2-31/

5. The willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing of any person in the commission of, or subsequent to, rape or attempted rape, forcible sodomy or attempted forcible sodomy or object sexual penetration; 

I know this is the definition of capital murder, but it applies to JM as 'attempted' because it was his plan to murder by beating and choking his victim to death. As we know, he was interrupted by a passerby. She was choked to unconsciousness and beaten bloody according to witnesses, so the courts will try to prove attempted capital murder. Since the victim survived it can only be 'attempted' capital murder. This is my understanding of the charge.

Note BBM

https://vacode.org/18.2-31/

5. The willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing of any person in the commission of, or subsequent to, rape or attempted rape, forcible sodomy or attempted forcible sodomy or object sexual penetration; 

I know this is the definition of capital murder, but it applies to JM as 'attempted' because it was his plan to murder by beating and choking his victim to death. As we know, he was interrupted by a passerby. She was choked to unconsciousness and beaten bloody according to witnesses, so the courts will try to prove attempted capital murder. Since the victim survived it can only be 'attempted' capital murder. This is my understanding of the charge.

Thank you. I believe you are correct, plus the fact that JLM's attempt to murder was during the commission of a felony, in this case rape, which qualifies it as capital.

I went back and bolded willful, deliberate and premeditated because I believe it's important to note in this case. In other words it was part of his plan to murder. And I do believe it was his intent to kill her.

Not being facetious here, but lots of people have seen him, known him and thought he was trustworthy. I'm recalling the news article about the young ladies getting a ride in his cab. I think also some posters here have said that he looks just like a regular guy, and that's why this case is so creepy.

I am also in agreement with you, Meena's Mom. When I first saw" sketch" I thought--well that could be our Building Maintenace Manager. Then when the dead locks appeared I thought it could be any one of 5 men working on placing new electrical lines on our street. They all had dreadlocks and were big guys.
It is so easy for one to be influenced once a subject is apprehended.

When I first saw Jesse Matthews I never connected him to Morgan Harrington--what just because he was an African American male and it was in Virginia?
.....But once they placed his photo next to the "sketch" picture from the Fairfax/ Harrington connection, well suddenly , yea, he was the same guy--even with the dread locks.

Don't get me wrong, I know JM is a rapist and possibly a prolific murderer of women. I am just saying I am not so sure before he was placed next to the composite and was known to be a rapist in Fairfax and connected to Morgan by DNA. I would have thought he was our maintenance man--who by the way is a "really nice average guy" ...or one of the many Public Service guys laying new lines in front of our home--all seemed ...again...very average, nice men.

Yes it is very unsettling to think AVERAGE men are serial murderers and rapists, but by now we all should know better.

Does anyone know how long it took JM to grow those dreads! Wonder if it was sometime between the "Sketch" from Fairfax and MH. and wonder if he laid low during that period?

This photo was published in September 2007. Still clean cut at that time.

http://www.c-ville.com/hannah-graham-case-poi-worked-cab-driver/#.VGYHA8JOXcs

This one April 2010. Short dreads or twists.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

I've had a tendency to question the April 2010 date of him with short dreads in the car/taxi with three women, only because according to his friends, it was after "sketch" was published which was shortly after MH's remains were found in Jan 2010, that they told JLM that he resembled the "sketch" and it was after that when he began growing his dreads. I don't think his hair could grow that much in 2-3 months since the average hair growth is 1/2" per month. IMO

Pleads not guilty in Fairfax case. March 9 trial date set. Coy Barefoot twitter

Pleads not guilty in Fairfax case. March 9 trial date set. Coy Barefoot twitter

Judge David Schell will be trying case , allowing 2 wks (m-Th) for case in Fairfax;Defense has filed for discovery . As I watched the proceedings I saw JM talking to one of his lawyers(Camblos not present) ;so I'd say he's capable of assisting in his defense. He will be transferred back to C'ville for hearing on charges there. I still think he could very well cut a plea deal before Mar 9th. Always, just my opinion.

when i was first married i lived in that precise apartment - so weird in hindsight

Paulap,

Has anyone asked you to share your experience with JLM ? I would be interested in certain antedotes that may help us learn more about who JLM is. Are you able to provide a few brief experiences/observations and answer a few questions following ?

Thanks in advance.

sure... not certain what sort of anecdotes you'd like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back