JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
refresh my memory, please. why did he begin driving his sister's blue car? where did LE confiscate the orange car?

Saturday, September 20—
After midnight First Search warrant JM's Car​
3 people at house :Orange car confiscated
5:45 AM Search warrant House​
JM not there
Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
3.04PM changes fb picture​
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster) Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
Press conference- appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest
JM named as person of interest

before

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:
Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo​
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?
****needs source Work at UVA medical centre
In possession of a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe

Sunday 14 5-6PM HG reported missing

Monday 15 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre
Police begin search for Hannah

Tuesday 16 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre

Wednesday 17
Press conference - We have reason to believe she inside a bar on the mall, with an individual who lived on Hessian Hill Way

Thursday 18 Last time Landlord saw JM

Friday 19
In possession of orange a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe

Saturday, September 20—
3 people at house
JM not there
Press conference- appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest
Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
JM named as person of interest
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster) Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
Orange car confiscated

Sunday 21— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Monday 22— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
Afternoon LUMBERTON, Texas
Authorities are looking at surveillance video and other evidence that indicates Jesse Matthew was in the Hardin County area on Monday.http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/
Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. only stayed a few hours
8.pm Taco Bell LUMBERTON​
Police executed a new search warrant at his home
forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.
****needs source (10 am Tiger Truck Stop in Baton Rouge, La (borrowed phonehe called his fathers home put gas, and then sped off http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/)

Tuesday—, September 23
Authorities announced a single charge against Matthew of abduction with the intent to defile

Wednesday—, September 24— Press conference
Arrested on Galveston Island.​

Friday, September 26—
Returned to Charlottesville​

please correct and add
(Louisiana to Virginia call?)
From Google Maps: On I-59 Charlottesville to Galveston Island-Drive Time 19.5 hours
Police estimate he had spent two nights on the beach on Galveston Island
the man who gave him a fish
work-A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone. http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/m...cle_9e585d74-445d-11e4-a6da-0017a43b2370.html
times of other warrants/sightings
was he at football training Saturday,September 13
everything else

I’ve included cars and possible sightings. Perhaps it might help jog memories to fill in gaps. Where you in the areas? Call LE

I don't know if the profile was changed before or after the police station visit. I haven't seen a definite time for the police visit only that it happened in the afternoon of the 20th.

The wanted poster lists "as of 1700 on September 21, 2014 Matthew was reportedly in possession of his sister's 1997 light blue Nissan Sentra." Is there another place it says he was last seen at 5 p.m. on the 20th or is this a mistake on the wanted poster?

The warrants for reckless driving were issued September 20 at 9:10 and 9:12 pm.

I don't know if the profile was changed before or after the police station visit. I haven't seen a definite time for the police visit only that it happened in the afternoon of the 20th.

The wanted poster lists "as of 1700 on September 21, 2014 Matthew was reportedly in possession of his sister's 1997 light blue Nissan Sentra." Is there another place it says he was last seen at 5 p.m. on the 20th or is this a mistake on the wanted poster?

hmm, yes it does say the 21st, I'm confusing a day somewhere.....hang on I'll check.I think I'm missing a pc.

We need to remember that unless we hear otherwise, no one else is in any way responsible for these atrocities. Friends and family of the accused should not be attacked simply for not having information. It is human nature to want to defend your loved ones, and in no way a crime.

I hope Professor Stefan Veldhuis makes some useful contribution to finding HG instead of making blanket statements like in this interview, especially since he's known JM since he was a toddler. Oh, and where was he when JM was accused of rape/sexual assault when they were in college together?<modsnip> He hasn't even been in Virginia for the past several years. How well does he know the real JM?

I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through. :(

I posted this in another Hannah Graham / Jesse Matthew thread that i was indulged in yesterday. BUT but but, i wanted to move this over here as well, to add to our "what we know".
This is a tweet from yesterday.

Joe St. George &#8207;@JoeStGeorge 1h1 hour ago

Breaking: Former coworkers at Martha Jefferson House tell me #JesseMatthew's girlfriend of 4 years broke up w/him 2 months ago #HannahGraham

I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through. :(

I posted this in another Hannah Graham / Jesse Matthew thread that i was indulged in yesterday. BUT but but, i wanted to move this over here as well, to add to our "what we know".
This is a tweet from yesterday.

Joe St. George &#8207;@JoeStGeorge 1h1 hour ago

Breaking: Former coworkers at Martha Jefferson House tell me #JesseMatthew's girlfriend of 4 years broke up w/him 2 months ago #HannahGraham

It will be interesting to see if she testifies at his trial. In four years with someone she definitely would have seen a wide range of emotions and behavior

We need to remember that unless we hear otherwise, no one else is in any way responsible for these atrocities. Friends and family of the accused should not be attacked simply for not having information. It is human nature to want to defend your loved ones, and in no way a crime.

My "thank you for your useful post" button is not enough here... 100% agree and I will not tell others how to post, so I will simply share the way I will be posting: I will not be criticizing any friend of JM or conjecturing that they should have known his actions.

My "thank you for your useful post" button is not enough here... 100% agree and I will not tell others how to post, so I will simply share the way I will be posting: I will not be criticizing any friend of JM or conjecturing that they should have known his actions.

I agree with the fact that they would not know,

It is so scary to know that this guy could fool so many people.

it is interesting to hear the comments of people who thought they knew him. I hope they can providr insight to how he became what he is.

The pain that he has caused so many people and the fear for those who have loved ones missing is what I care about. I hope that anyone who knows him can provide info to help solve these horrors.

The good Jesse does not exist,

He left the police station on Sept. 20 and police followed someone driving at a high pace and did not pursue.

Do you all think he still could have been in Virginia that Monday the 22nd? And how many nights did he spend on the beach in Tx?

...It is so scary to know that this guy could fool so many people....

The good Jesse does not exist.

Snipped for brevity. Well, I have been thinking lately about putting myself in the shoes of those who knew JM and are now being blown away by all of this the past week or so. It has to be very emotionally damaging to them. Talk about betrayal. I've had friends betray me in the past in significant ways, but not remotely close to this. I just cannot imagine. I'm assuming (and hoping) people who knew JM and who are affected by this will seek professional help for dealing with these new allegations against him.

As for the good Jesse not existing, I tend to agree with a previous poster (no idea who- sorry) who said they believe there are good and bad elements in everyone. Clearly "bad" has degrees, to say the least.... but I do think there are good parts to JM. The parts that were witnessed over the years by so many people were there. They have just been overrun by the bad :(

, I tend to agree with a previous poster (no idea who- sorry) who said they believe there are good and bad elements in everyone. Clearly "bad" has degrees, to say the least.... but I do think there are good parts to JM.

I tend to think that JM himself quite honestly rationalizes these things somehow--he sees himself as a good, decent person who's been wronged. He may have compartmentalized rape and murder in his mind as "exceptions" or even justified them to himself somehow. In short, I don't think the "good guy" image he conveyed to others is an act. I think it's perfectly possible for a person to be a very decent, moral human being to one set of people (friends, family, church congregation) and an outright monster to another (strange women).

Compare with his treatment of the lawyer in the assault case. One minute he's punching him; the next he's driving him to the hospital. I don't think that's a manipulation; I think JM is really that volatile.

Some folks linked documents from investigators in the MH case at one point. I can't find them now, but I recall the tone was pleading, for the reader to do the right thing and come out with the truth. I think that was an appeal to JM the way he sees himself--as a good person who's just made some dumb mistakes.

Objectively, yes, we can all tell his "mistakes" are horrendous. We're necessarily going to have trouble seeing him the way he sees himself, because one's self-perception is about as subjective as it gets.

Please don't misinterpret this--I am not arguing, on any level, that JM is in fact a good person. I just don't think good and evil are as black and white as they sometimes seem. Most people are shades of gray, and in their own heads, they tend to see themselves and their actions in the purest light possible.

Snipped for brevity. Well, I have been thinking lately about putting myself in the shoes of those who knew JM and are now being blown away by all of this the past week or so. It has to be very emotionally damaging to them. Talk about betrayal. I've had friends betray me in the past in significant ways, but not remotely close to this. I just cannot imagine. I'm assuming (and hoping) people who knew JM and who are affected by this will seek professional help for dealing with these new allegations against him.

As for the good Jesse not existing, I tend to agree with a previous poster (no idea who- sorry) who said they believe there are good and bad elements in everyone. Clearly "bad" has degrees, to say the least.... but I do think there are good parts to JM. The parts that were witnessed over the years by so many people were there. They have just been overrun by the bad :(

It is hard to believe it, but a person who is a sociopath simply does not care about others,

What the sociopath does is for his benefit. Not anyone else's.

He is a hero. Why? Because he likes helping people? No way. He likes how it makes him look.

And look how he used his people skills to set people up for their demise.

I experienced it myself lately when I discovered a couple of different people were just really good at getting what they want.

You are a tool to be used for whatever the sociopath needs.

It is a mind blower to see it.

Just look at the video of how sweet Jesse goes up to help a girl in distress. Just mind blowing to watch a murderer at work

I think it is an error, although, maybe not. I've added it in and some other stuff
Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:
Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo​
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?
****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre

Sunday 14 5-6PM HG reported missing

Monday 15 ****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre
Police begin search for Hannah

Tuesday 16 ****needs source Possibly working at UVA medical centre

Wednesday 17
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 17, 2014 :

Thursday 18 Last time Landlord saw JM

Friday 19
3 people at house : Orange car confiscated
JM not there
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 19, 2014 : We have reason to believe she inside a bar on the mall, with an individual who lived on Hessian Hill Way,” Longo said. Appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest. http://wtvr.com/2014/09/19/dreadlocked-man-went-into-bar-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

Saturday, September 20—

Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
JM named as person of interest by Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
warrants for reckless driving were issued September 20 at 9:10 and 9:12 pm.

Sunday 21— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster 21st???)
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 21, 2014: JM confirmed as poi. Cville Police Chief says arrest warrants have been issued for Jesse Matthew for reckless driving.

Monday 22—
Afternoon LUMBERTON, Texas
Authorities are looking at surveillance video and other evidence that indicates Jesse Matthew was in the Hardin County area on Monday.http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/
Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. only stayed a few hours
8.pm Taco Bell LUMBERTON​
Police executed a new search warrant at his home
forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.
****needs source (10 am Tiger Truck Stop in Baton Rouge, La (borrowed phonehe called his fathers home put gas, and then sped off http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/)

Tuesday—, September 23
PRESS CONFERENCE: September 23, 2014Arrest warrant for Jesse Matthew charging him with abduction and intent to defile came late this afternoon. Commonwealth found reasonable cause for warrant of Jesse Leroy Matthew for Class 2 Abduction with intent to defile

Wednesday—, September 24— Press conference:
Arrested on Galveston Island.​

Friday, September 26—
Returned to Charlottesville​

please correct and add
(Louisiana to Virginia call?)
From Google Maps: On I-59 Charlottesville to Galveston Island-Drive Time 19.5 hours
Police estimate he had spent two nights on the beach on Galveston Island
the man who gave him a fish
work-A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone. http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/m...cle_9e585d74-445d-11e4-a6da-0017a43b2370.html
times of other warrants/sightings
was he at football training Saturday,September 13
everything else

I’ve included cars and possible sightings. Perhaps it might help jog memories to fill in gaps. Where you in the areas? Call LE[/QUOTE]

I agree with the fact that they would not know,

It is so scary to know that this guy could fool so many people.

it is interesting to hear the comments of people who thought they knew him. I hope they can providr insight to how he became what he is.

The pain that he has caused so many people and the fear for those who have loved ones missing is what I care about. I hope that anyone who knows him can provide info to help solve these horrors.

The good Jesse does not exist,

I can see where those who loved, liked JM, could be shocked. I'd be shocked and pained if even someone I disliked and did not consider a "good" person were so implicated. This is beyond someone who is "good' or "bad". He's a freaking monster at times, and it doesn't matter how good he can be how much of the time. He's dangerous.

I don;t believe for an instant that someon who is known to be jovial, kind, generous, etc, etc to all, can't have the ability to step over the lines of decency and do heinous things . When anyone is caught doing these things, that person needs to be put away, because it tells us right there, that the person can be dangerous, that he would continue into harmful, illegal ground. We can day all of us are capable, but until we do it, we can't say for sure who would do it.

One thing we don't know about Jesse Leroy Matthew - WHERE WAS HE IN 2004?

We don't have anything on his whereabouts after the rapes at Christopher Newport University and the possible attacks of 2002 and 2003 (Autumn Wind Day, 26 – 7/03 - near CNU in Newport News, VA and Sophie May Rivera, 31 – 9/7/03 – Newport News, VA) and the rape in Fairfax in 2005.

Then there is another gap between 2005 - 2009 when the Harrington and Morton attacks occurred.

Here are some possible cases submitted by glasshalfful: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257740-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims&p=11038460

Was Jesse in another state looking for another school or football team? Trying out for pro-wrestling? Did he join the military? Go out of the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735