JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I looked at his Facebook page, I saw that he was in a group that was supporting an adjunct instructor who had gotten fired. The instructor was in another state. It might have been California. Thought that was odd.

How slow can he be to have gone to three colleges ,the last one where he was not there on a football scholarship.

He may have academic issues, but he is working on an advanced psychopath degree.

I don't mean any disrespect, but none of those schools are elite in terms of admissions standards or difficulty, and there are a different set of rules for athletes, even at the most academically rigorous of schools.

'
Football opens lots of doors, that for sure.

This guy had manipulation capabilities though. We heard it from the Landlady, she said it was like talking to another person. In the history of these types of cases, the Perps have come up on Patrol officers, interested neighbors or landowners - and they convince the person or persons they are harmless.

I will eat my hat if that is not the case with JM. And we can already see it in the wild variances in people's perceptions of him. From strict Christian man, to obnoxious guy that can't keep his hands off of women he doesn't even know.

Former Homicide Detective, Ted Williams, reported he was told that JM was "one weird dude."

Maybe football season makes him realize he will never again be a star in that game, or in any other aspect of his life.
A feeling of worthlessness might trigger his rage, or a need to prove himself as a man.

How slow can he be to have gone to three colleges ,the last one where he was not there on a football scholarship.

He may have academic issues, but he is working on an advanced psychopath degree.

"advanced psychopath degree"....that's great, I'm going to have to use that sometime, lol!

-
Telling Police he wasn't going to answer their questions and asking for a lawyer shows a certain level of knowledge, if not a level of sophistication.

OH yeah, I totally forgot to add that when the allegations about this guy came out, he deleted is Facebook, Twitter, and messageboard accounts. I wonder why LJ simply changed his picture rather than deactivate?

I suspect he figured he'd get A LOT of people rallying to his defense (especially families from TCS) saying he was a great guy, had lots of friends, gentle giant, wouldn't hurt a fly type stuff.

And, initially, that worked - essentially the bulk of everything we were getting initially from people who were speaking about him said that type of stuff. His record had some who didn't know him speculating about things, but 'character' type comments from people were largely very positive and people in disbelief he could possibly be related.

I think he thought his picture being harder to find - thus blacking it out - would help prevent what then DID happen from actually happening. :dunno:

For instance, trying to avoid people crawling out of the woodwork remembering encounters even if they didn't actually know him, people comparing his pic to suspect sketches or descriptions in other related cases, and people connecting things historically (like the taxi photo that came out almost within hours of the HG case mentioning a black guy on the video and people started theorizing about MH and the cab and if it could all be related).

I think he thought the 'character' stuff from people who knew him might be enough to convince the public (and frankly he probably also thought LE - especially considering how many things he had gotten out of or charges were dropped on) he wasn't involved and no one would dig further and he could slip through the cracks. Yet again!

I mean, he pulled off all sorts of volunteering and jobs and other things despite having a history that included an assault and rape allegations, so it'd be easy to see how he thought it could work in this case, especially if no one dug into his past because he all lots of people saying positive things. Erroneous, obviously, but I'm not surprised he might have thought it could work given the past. :thinking: I mean, if the chorus of positive was louder, I can imagine him thinking everyone in his present 'world' especially, would just say there's no way he'd do something to hurt anyone

It was the digging that happened quickly on various sites (WS obviously being a big one) by those that can easily do so without feeling a photo is necessary, that started linking up even more things that could have been related or connected somehow, and ended up helping fuel media interest because it was exploding on SM when people realized that there was potentially, far, far more to this than just HG.

And throw in now the hordes of casual contact interactions coming out now (this article's caption even alludes to just how much it's happening) and people remembering odd or questionable interactions, now things they might have dismissed in the past as perhaps reading into something too much or something, are undeniably more plausible to consider as being 'off' when you realize maybe too much benefit of the doubt was given and the guy CAN do more than hurt a fly.

Yes. I even wondered if he stuffed his cheeks with cotton or something similar. He looks at least 30lbs heavier in that pic than other ones taken near the same time. It had to be intentional.

MOO

I always appear heavier in my DL photos as well. When you have a round face the direct face forward shot is the least flattering angle. I actually look very very different depending on angle, the way I am tilting my head, if I am looking at the camera or not, etc. sometimes I look like I have two chins and sometimes I look very thin.

Exactly. He isn't 'slow' when it comes to protecting himself. He's very slick when it comes to Jesse Leroy Matthew. (I've never been handcuffed, but I'm fairly certain we'd all have problems signing our names under those circumstances. I know I would.)

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem signing his name on various bar tabs around Cville. Fairly certain that night he didn't pretend he didn't know how to write or spell his name.

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem manhandling and creeping out several women and a man on the downtown mall in Cville. So much so they left one bar to go to another in hopes to lose him. He then followed them to Tempo.

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem honing in on Hannah Graham. He didn't have a problem being the last to be seen with her. Nor did he have a problem eluding law enforcement. How does a slow person end up that fast in Texas?

What does he have a problem with? Telling the truth. He isn't slow, folks. (In my opinion.) He has trouble telling the truth.

A bright and sweet star needs to find her way home to her family. Jesse Leroy Matthew is preventing this homecoming. He isn't preventing this because of some sort of head injury or because he's slow. He's preventing this because he wants to.

-
Telling Police he wasn't going to answer their questions and asking for a lawyer shows a certain level of knowledge, if not a level of sophistication.

I always appear heavier in my DL photos as well. When you have a round face the direct face forward shot is the least flattering angle. I actually look very very different depending on angle, the way I am tilting my head, if I am looking at the camera or not, etc. sometimes I look like I have two chins and sometimes I look very thin.

As a wrestler, JM is probably familiar with gaining and losing weight for competitions, imo.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...vely-the-night-he-met-hannah-graham/16510731/

"Matthew played football and was a state wresting champion at Monticello High School. He graduated in 1999. The night Hannah disappeared, Matthew injured a man with a wrestling move, according to a witness who told Coy Barefoot. Barefoot says the man was introduced to Matthew as a fellow wrestler, and suddenly, Matthew grabbed the newly-met acquaintance and threw him in a wrestling hold, which injured the man's hamstring".

In response to hambirg's post.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Do-We-Know-About-Him&p=11049959#post11049959

Sort of. They were all young and white. As to JLM, even if his type was "really tall" well that would be a poorly thought-out type since most women are not all that tall. I am 5'10" and I rarely see women my height or taller. I think JLM just liked any woman or girl who was "available" to him.
Bundy did have a type...he liked girls with long dark hair parted in the middle like the wealthy girlfriend that he had at one point who rejected him because he was a relatively poor nobody. Then when he got into politics and she showed interest, he rejected her and patterned most, not all, of the women he killed after her. Sorry, Fireweed...I put my response on the wrong post...I'll try to be more careful....

Ted Bundy didn't have a type.
I think Bundy did have a type...he liked to kill girls with dark, long hair parted in the middle that reminded him of a rich girlfriend that rejected him because he wasn't rich or well connected. He then rejected her when he got into politics and she showed interest in him again.

Is there some way to find the address of his exact location of his speeding tickets in 07 and 10?

The manic behavior could also account for the over-the-top behavior with others in the hours leading up to the encounter with Hannah: injuring a guy, pestering the women, and so forth.

Now, there's an interesting thought. Where's that timeline? Any rapes/abductions/missing people around early to mid June 2009? None are listed on there. Wouldn't (necessarily) have to be in Virginia. His assault charge with the lawyer was 6/4/09. Or maybe he does this for months leading up....June to October.

Yes, dotr, as you say, "As a wrestler, JM is probably familiar with gaining and losing weight for competitions,[exactly]." A "... state wreslting champoin... introduced to... a fellow wrestler [gave the] man [a] hamstring".

Competitive, needs to assert dominance to the point of pain. I recall hearing or reading that his coach said they had to step in to pull him off sometimes. Being an AA champion, there are mothers across Va who'll remember his face from their kids' HS, and may have recognized him again.

When did he get his ticket for failing to display his lic. plate?

Exactly. He isn't 'slow' when it comes to protecting himself. He's very slick when it comes to Jesse Leroy Matthew. (I've never been handcuffed, but I'm fairly certain we'd all have problems signing our names under those circumstances. I know I would.)

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem signing his name on various bar tabs around Cville. Fairly certain that night he didn't pretend he didn't know how to write or spell his name.

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem manhandling and creeping out several women and a man on the downtown mall in Cville. So much so they left one bar to go to another in hopes to lose him. He then followed them to Tempo.

Three weeks ago tonight JLM didn't have a problem honing in on Hannah Graham. He didn't have a problem being the last to be seen with her. Nor did he have a problem eluding law enforcement. How does a slow person end up that fast in Texas?

What does he have a problem with? Telling the truth. He isn't slow, folks. (In my opinion.) He has trouble telling the truth.

A bright and sweet star needs to find her way home to her family. Jesse Leroy Matthew is preventing this homecoming. He isn't preventing this because of some sort of head injury or because he's slow. He's preventing this because he wants to.

I agree he has to be acting. How can he not know any better if he hides bodies? If he didn't know any better he would just leave them anywhere and be like whhhhaaattt?! when asked about it. I admit some of the things I read made me almost believe he was mentally challenged, but he has them people fooled.
Edited to add both of my brothers played football, but they are normal without brain injuries and are definitely not serial killers/rapists. I'm not saying brain injuries that affect you as an individual can't happen, I'm just saying I don't think it's very likely in his case. I could be wrong and I don't know exactly how much football he played in general, but IMO I don't think he has a brain injury.

When did he get his ticket for failing to display his lic. plate?

The hearing for it was 9/18/14, the one he missed and is now in December (!), but I don't see on the timeline when the ticket was written.

I think she's saying If he had a severe head injury it would only intensify that violent rage. Not necessarily either or. But we already know enough about his early years to know head injury would be an after fact, add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member