JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Detective Klimpt's post about people not seeing the good in JLM:

On the contrary, I think people were very willing to see the good in JLM initially — but a lot of negative history (rape accusation, assault charge, etc.) and behavior (for example, w/other women that same night) has since been revealed. None of which fits the "gentle giant" / "teddy bear" description some have made him out to be.

Then there's the fact that he has refused to talk at all with LE and fled to TX.... despite having been the last person seen with Hannah.
A 'lot' of negative history? I wouldn't call it that. Again, people here are taking what is said by one or two people as truth, and a lot of this information isn't even direct quotes. The articles have mistakes galour in them and posters here are mixing and matching information to suit them. Remember a few days ago, people here were ready to hang WG; had him as a pervert following her. Some still think that.

There is only one assault charge, and I don't feel there is sufficient details about that. I don't think of him as a teddy bear, but I continue to feel he is not a person that would deliberately hurt someone.

The college rape...she said it wasn't consentual, he said it was. You guys choose to believe her, and I choose to say I don't know because I don't have enough evidence. This girl accused him of the rape, and then backed down. Why? If it was because she didn't want anyone to know, then why report him in the first place.

As for the two women at the bar, I think only one of them gave a report of his behavior that night. Of course, you all believe every word she says, and I don't necessarily. Even if he did what she said, while it shows him as a jerk and womanizer, there is nothing there to indicate he wants to harm someone.

Lastly, as for him not talking to LE as you all think he should, he is likely taking his attorney's advice.

A 'lot' of negative history? I wouldn't call it that. Again, people here are taking what is said by one or two people as truth, and a lot of this information isn't even direct quotes. The articles have mistakes galour in them and posters here are mixing and matching information to suit them. Remember a few days ago, people here were ready to hang WG; had him as a pervert following her. Some still think that.

There is only one assault charge, and I don't feel there is sufficient details about that. I don't think of him as a teddy bear, but I continue to feel he is not a person that would deliberately hurt someone.

The college rape...she said it wasn't consentual, he said it was. You guys choose to believe her, and I choose to say I don't know because I don't have enough evidence. This girl accused him of the rape, and then backed down. Why? If it was because she didn't want anyone to know, then why report him in the first place.

As for the two women at the bar, I think only one of them gave a report of his behavior that night. Of course, you all believe every word she says, and I don't necessarily. Even if he did what she said, while it shows him as a jerk and womanizer, there is nothing there to indicate he wants to harm someone.

Lastly, as for him not talking to LE as you all think he should, he is likely taking his attorney's advice.

In the same article with the two woman, there is also a friend of jm's confirming the events that they claim as well as talking about the wrestling move he did on another friend which left him with a pulled hamstring for days.

I have to agree that most of our conclusions, including my own, are based on circumstantial evidence, the opinion of a few eye witnesses that may be skewed at best, and our own individual gut feelings about JL, because there really isn't much concrete evidence yet. At least not concrete that he committed murder.

There's some evidence that he was socially awkward/aggressive with women, but that he was also a generally well-liked guy by his co-workers, family and male friends. He was also a man with a history and whose path in life changed somewhat abruptly when he was a college student. What does all that mean? To some it points to a person with sociopath tendencies, to others it points to a normal man who has had his share of life's hiccups.

And people tend to believe what they want to believe; that's human nature. I want to believe JL is innocent because initially I found him to be a sympathetic character. That's probably partly due to the fact that he looks a lot like my boyfriend - same build, same complexion, similar features. To me, that type of man is attractive, cuddly, warm; because I associate that type with someone I already know and love. But others have posted in other thread that they think he looks mean, scary, unattractive, etc. Again, our perceptions of people are often skewed by our own personal feelings and experiences.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that our personal feelings come into play a lot when we try to figure out another person's true character or intentions. I think that is true of some of the witnesses that have spoken so far too -both the one's with good and bad things to say about JL.

Hi Everybody! My apologies if this has been discussed previously, I've read and read and don't see it. Long time lurker, btw. I've had a few handles since Trenton Duckett went missing, don't post much. Anyway, Hannah was last seen with JLM at Tempo at 1:45 on 9/13. Do we know when the next time JLM was seen? What was he doing Saturday? Thanks in advance.

LE asked that same question at the press conference.... Who saw him, where and was he alone or with HG...

I think he killed and disposed of her that same night, after a sexual assault, sometime between 4 and 6 am.

LE asked that same question at the press conference.... Who saw him, where and was he alone or with HG...

I think he killed and disposed of her that same night, after a sexual assault, sometime between 4 and 6 am.

With all of the media attention you would think someone would leak what he was doing that weekend.

My thoughts exactly..... I think it all happened same night in a short amount of time.

At first I figured he could not have done it because of all the good things being said about him,

Now we are hearing he not so good,

He is so calm and collected.

If he killed her accidentally, one would think he would be having a meltdown, being so religious.

Nope. He is concerned about his bed and clothing while in jail.

Does he realize what he is up against or does he think he will get off free?

Bringing over Coy Barefoot's article on the timeline of events on 9/13 as it has information coming from acquaintances of JM's. I saw this in the discussion thread and hope it was verified as MSM within TOS. Sorry Mods if it was not :blushing:

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

I was thinking about all JM has gotten away with and I'm not even referring to the rape accusation, but his long history of disregarding the law and manipulating the courts and getting away with it. I wonder if his persona in court was sheer stunned disbelief.

And how the He77 did he get a hospital job with that record? He is in a position of trust with vulnerable patients around. Incredible!

And how the He77 did he get a hospital job with that record? He is in a position of trust with vulnerable patients around. Incredible!

The hospital could only go with what he'd been convicted of, which consisted primarily of traffic related offenses.

He won't tell anything, he has to wait long enough for (sorry I have to write this) decomposition to remove all trace of him.

The hospital could only go with what he'd been convicted of, which consisted primarily of traffic related offenses.

He has been employed there since August 2012 . Have a look at post #8 and 9 here, he has multiple garnishments, charged with assault, Attempted grand larceny. Those should have eliminated him from being employed there.

He has been employed there since August 2012 . Have a look at post #8 and 9 here, he has multiple garnishments, charged with assault, Attempted grand larceny. Those should have eliminated him from being employed there.

Not sure about how the garnishments would affect his employment, but the interview with the attorney JLM hit and grabbed the iPhone from (the assault and grand larceny charges) said he agreed with the CA to drop the charges. IIRC, there was one charge of *something* where he was found guilty in absentia, I believe that occurred last August (sorry, things are running together here) and was in the appeals court. If it happened after he was hired, it's possible the hospital didn't know of it if he didn't inform them.

At first I figured he could not have done it because of all the good things being said about him,

Now we are hearing he not so good,

He is so calm and collected.

If he killed her accidentally, one would think he would be having a meltdown, being so religious.

Nope. He is concerned about his bed and clothing while in jail.

Does he realize what he is up against or does he think he will get off free?

Well, he's gotten away with everything prior....

The convenience store owner in Galveston described him as "friendly and chatty" — hardly the demeanor one would expect of a fugitive afraid of facing serious or even wrongful charges.

Well, he's gotten away with everything prior....

The convenience store owner in Galveston described him as "friendly and chatty" — hardly the demeanor one would expect of a fugitive afraid of facing serious or even wrongful charges.

I don't know. I've known people who get that way when they're wanting to hide something or distract you.

Not sure about how the garnishments would affect his employment, but the interview with the attorney JLM hit and grabbed the iPhone from (the assault and grand larceny charges) said he agreed with the CA to drop the charges. IIRC, there was one charge of *something* where he was found guilty in absentia, I believe that occurred last August (sorry, things are running together here) and was in the appeals court. If it happened after he was hired, it's possible the hospital didn't know of it if he didn't inform them.

He was hired August 2012- that's what is odd - the assault was in 7/9/2009 and also the attempted grand larceny. Those complaints alone would disqualify him for employment where I work, let alone the garnishments - they check our records and even a negative credit rating will cause you
to be eliminated.....!

Just the fact that there IS one assault charge AND a separate accusation of sexual assault is enough for me to deem him as having "a lot" of negative history. Those two facts alone are huge, no need to include the other items on his record, nor the reports from his acquaintances regarding the night Hannah Graham disappeared.

The childhood friend who spoke for JM has not talked to him in over two months. He did not know whether JM currently has a girlfriend, nor who his roommates might be. He did not even know whether JM has ever gone camping or owns camping equipment. By his own self-description, he does not appear to be a current friend of JM. He appears to be someone who simply enjoys media attention.

JM's male friend corroborated the story. Another interesting thing to consider is that the witnesses that night claim that JM was obsessed with both women's feet. Law enforcement officers have not asked searchers to look for Hannah Graham's shoes. My guess is the shoes may have already been found in JM's possession.

Of course, but did his attorney advise him to flee to Texas, too? No.

He was hired August 2012- that's what is odd - the assault was in 7/9/2009 and also the attempted grand larceny. Those complaints alone would disqualify him for employment where I work, let alone the garnishments - they check our records and even a negative credit rating will cause you
to be eliminated.....!

Those charges were dropped once he paid the hospital bills for the guy he hit. It's listed in his case file. I don't think an employer can't bar someone from working for them based on charges that were dropped. I could be wrong though!

I wonder who broke it off with the long term gf.

When?

I wonder what he was like with her?

I read on here somewhere that he wanted to marry her but she was not religious enough. Hm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove