JLM's car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
he actually bought it from the company I know the owner and that is the one thing he offers his drivers if you don't go with the purchase plan you can pay a weekly rental fee also wich is $635.00 a week

Thank you!

Sorry I was talking about him allegedly buying and owning the cab, I should have been clearer :0) Is that what is on the video? I honestly just want to make sure before I later refer to something as fact because I think this is kinda a big deal.

Also I will now never get in a cab alone at night ever again. :0P

I'll never get in a cab alone either.

WOW. Thank you for the link. I don't know if that means he actually bought it from the company or bought a car compliant to the company's regulations but regardless I doubt that matters- this could be huge.

Why would a person presumably not rolling in money leave a car to rot? Considering since he apparently gave up his taxi driving career you would think he'd sell it- as a fixer upper or for parts.

I pray there is LOTS of DNA in that cab that directly links JM to MH and to any other women he assaulted.

All that's been said about the van is that it was found on a farm right?

To me that doesn't mean that it was abandoned or hidden - my first assumption would be that it was purchased by someone who lives at or works on a farm and that's why it was there.

This was my thought as well. I have not seen it stated anywhere that JM still owned it (just that he did own it... could be past tense.) The implications and possible evidence, of course, are vastly different than if he actually still owns it, or was the last owner.

Would it be legal to drive a cab as your personal vehicle and take fares in the process?

I'll never get in a cab alone either.

What's so disturbing- and something I've never even thought of- is that you can apparently take a cab out of commission and no one ever follows up on it or regulates it? I mean, it sounds like the cab was still found as still a cab-- not just a cab painted over. (of course that could just be the press)

Can you imagine though? Someone could just take their old cab and cruise around a different area where they didn't other cabbies would report them-- and use their cab as a scary pick-up mobile. :0(

If something seems to look like a cab I get in-- I've never thought to worry about imposter cabs before.

It appears to be the one he's pictured in in April 2010, taking the three women to Foxfield Races. http://www.turnto10.com/story/26671010/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

He was not on duty as a cabbie at that moment (I don't know about that year, but his license expired 12/2010), so was driving it as his personal vehicle that day.

You know, at first I thought that cab pictured was silver, but in this link here, it does look light tan! I wonder if that IS the same cab. I guess it doesn't ultimately matter, but it's interesting that it was caught on photo with him in it. So eerie that there are those 3 girls with him in that pic.

I was just about to say-- there has been a lot of safety concerns with Uber and Lyft etc drivers lately, not just due to occasionally lax background checks, but because sometimes drivers will let their friends work for them using their car and their account. My husband and I have experienced this before-- your uber driver shows up with the right car but has a completely different name and face.

I've both called friends and pretended to call friends/boyfriend/husband with a cab number and my location when I thought I cabbie was a bit "off"- but it never occurred to me to wonder "is this even a real cab?"

i believe this is true of a lot of uber drivers, as well as small cab companies, like the one JM worked for.

Even if they're not allowed to do something, I'd imagine in an era pre-GPS it was easy enough to do within limits.

Granted this was in a foreign country (Barbados), but anyways, I had a cab driver in the middle of the night pull off to an out of the way gas station and come back and throw cigarettes, a six pack of beer, a razor, and shaving cream onto the front seat. I told the hotel because I was scared half out of my mind, and they told me he wasn't allowed to do that. He wasn't allowed to- but it still happened.

i believe this is true of a lot of uber drivers, as well as small cab companies, like the one JM worked for.
No, according to Virginia law it is not legal to drive your personal vehicle and take fares. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles licenses for-hire vehicles and has minimum requirements related to bonding and insurance. Companies like Uber and Lyft have recently been granted operating authority only when following certain guidelines (from RVAnews.com - http://rvanews.com/news/uber-exploring-service-in-richmond/113099):
Among those terms:

Extensive driver background checks
Rigorous insurance requirements, including $1 million coverage the moment a driver accepts a trip request.
Features to help customers identify their driver and vehicle
Rate transparency

However, this was only just approved in August, 2014, so at the time JM was driving, not even an Uber/Lyft type of driver service would have been allowed.

You can view the for-hire operating authority requirements at http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/commercial/#mcs/programs/intrastate/index.asp.

It appears to be the one he's pictured in in April 2010, taking the three women to Foxfield Races. http://www.turnto10.com/story/26671010/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

He was not on duty as a cabbie at that moment (I don't know about that year, but his license expired 12/2010), so was driving it as his personal vehicle that day.

OR maybe he just acted like he had a license? Just because his license expired that doesn't mean that he wasn't still impersonating a cab driver. With what we now know about him and his history of traffic violations and general behavior it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Yes- driving a cab isn't as easy or as "easy money" as people often think. Ages ago when I lived in NYC the taxi badge/medallion (essentially a license) cost was $250,000-- I wouldn't be surprised if it has at least doubled by now. Obviously NYC is more expensive, but there's often a lot of expenses and regulation that goes into being a cabbie. Which is why, again, I don't know why he'd keep that old cab.

Holy heck, never knew that, take at look at today's prices! http://nycitycab.com/Business/TaxiMedallionList.aspx

the yellow car was his second one the first one was a mini van and that is what was found he had both only a few months apart which is really odd so there has to be a reason he ditched the van and went with the car

why do you think it's odd? if it's alright to ask? thank you, again. np if no answer.

why do you think it's odd? if it's alright to ask? thank you, again. np if no answer.

Maybe he/she's implying there was some sort of evidence left behind in the van?

Would it be legal to drive a cab as your personal vehicle and take fares in the process?

No it wouldn't be legal, but what have we seen thus far that he did that WAS legal? lol

Hi. Newbie here, so please pardon any faux pas..... Has anyone seen anything to indicate whether the "abandoned taxi" that was found was still in JM's name. Isn't it possible that he might have sold it at some point, perhaps when he got the yellow cab, if in fact that was after he drove the van cab. Without knowing whose property the cab was on, it's hard to know if JM was the most recent owner of the cab. And w/o a license plate number probably hard to track down ownership. But IF he did sell it to someone several years ago, it would be interesting to know if it has been used since then. And if it was sold to a friend or a stranger. Just wondering, because if it was sold, when it was sold could be informative. just my thoughts...

He was having his wages garnished.

I wonder if the owner of the cab repoed the cab.

Maybe it was in bad shape (hard to believe, I kniow, when you see how immaculate the orange car is).

If he bought that van from the cab company, it cannot have been a piece of junk to start with.

I wonder why that company went out of business?

I just don't think that van was in his possession. But I am so often wrong

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmaxwell
Back