Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge has discretion when to say "enough is enough" and call a halt to jury questions. But in the case of such an important witness, IMO she will be very lenient. Nurmi and JM will get to follow each round of jury questions.

Thank you!
Oh no, I'm not looking forward to another round of the Jodi-Nurmi show. :truce:

Will the jury have a written trancscript available while they are deliberating? I don't know how they could keep all this straight with out one......

I've been trying to wade through all of these threads as I just started following the trial a few days ago (I had not heard/read about it until a couple weeks ago), so I apologize if this has been answered already. Can JA try to use the fact that Nurmi motioned, on more than one occasion, to be dismissed from the case as an appeal attempt? I sure hope not!

I've been trying to wade through all of these threads as I just started following the trial a few days ago (I had not heard/read about it until a couple weeks ago), so I apologize if this has been answered already. Can JA try to use the fact that Nurmi motioned, on more than one occasion, to be dismissed from the case as an appeal attempt? I sure hope not!

She will certainly appeal and seek post-conviction relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel. This is the normal course in a DP case. I don't think anyone would buy it unless the DT has erred in a way we don't know because they held something back, but she will certainly rely on Nurmi's desire to withdraw as an additional basis to assert IAC.

JA is charged with 1st degree murder (premeditated and felony) no lesser charges have been charged SO doesn't that mean that the jury can find her guilty of only 1st degree murder (premeditated or felony)?

So many post she will get 2nd degree murder.....that is not even a choice correct? Or am I wrong? TIA

She will certainly appeal and seek post-conviction relief based on ineffective assistance of counsel. This is the normal course in a DP case. I don't think anyone would buy it unless the DT has erred in a way we don't know because they held something back, but she will certainly rely on Nurmi's desire to withdraw as an additional basis to assert IAC.

Thank you; I could not remember the legal term for it. Maybe that is why the judge appears to be so lenient irt the DT?

Thank you; I could not remember the legal term for it. Maybe that is why the judge appears to be so lenient irt the DT?

The fact that all DP cases are automatically appealed definitely has to have an impact on her rulings and bending over backwards to give JA a fair trial and complete defense. IMO. I think we can all at least breathe a little easier knowing it's unlikely that this case will ever require a new trial even if the lengths to which the defense has gone leaves a lot of people feeling outraged. Holding back some of this awful stuff could have led to a retrial if the defense did not offer it since it isn't obviously false on its face even if it's only her word.

If the prosecution finds new evidence/witnesses based on the testimony of the defendant, what is the procedure for getting them admitted for trial in the rebuttal phase ?

I'm wondering why there has been no testimony by friends of TA about the sneaking into his house by way of the doggy door ,tire slashing,appearing in his closet any of the stalking behavior? Is it hearsay? Is it too prejudicial? Did I miss something?

I am trying to figure out if Numbri will get a chance to rehabilitate Jodi on the Utah/3 gas can testimony that JM brought up. Am I correct in thinking that the only way Numbri will be able to bring this up in his further questioning of her is if in round 2 of the jury questions a juror asks about it?
To further clarify my question. Both lawyers are getting thier chance (numbri done, JM just starting) now to answer round one juror questions. Am I correct in thinking that Numbri doesn't get to rehabilitate her from JM's questions asked of Jodi?

JA made a comment about the gun being a secret and then started to mention something about TA's grandfather, but before she could say any more she was stopped by an objection or something, I really can’t remember quite what happened.
It was never mentioned again and I haven't heard anyone talk about it.
Did anyone else happen to catch this? I believe it was earlier in the week?

i heard it's around 20 yrs. before a dp prisoner is actually executed. is this true and if so , why does it take so long? i certainly think she is dp qualified.

New comer here, but wanted to clear my head about a couple of things...
1. was the check to Travis found at the scene drawn on either of the bank accounts she made deposits to during the trip? (I ask because she seemed very very concerned over it being cashed, think she deposited the cash to cover the check in case things worked out and she didn't have to kill him afterall)
2. I have thought from the very beginning that she shot him in the head after she put him back in the shower, when he was already dead. I also have a strong strong feeling she used one of the throw pillows from the bed, with tassels on it to put up to his head to silence the gun shot somewhat. This would explain those 'rope' type fibers found in the bathroom and on the steps. Any thoughts?

I had the same thought about the pillow with the tassels...she must have used it as a silencer..why else did no one hear the shot...I do remember someone saying she must've turned up the stereo because there was loud music coming from his room when his friends found his body.

Jodi stated on the stand from a juror question that she didn't call 911 in the desert because she knew she did something wrong then immediately corrected herself and said she felt she did something wrong because of the blood on her body...can this be used as an indication of guilt in closing arguments by the PA?

Is there anyway the infamous Matt M can be put on the stand by JM? He's been name dropping him so much that I'm sure he's gotta show up.

Yes, the check was on one of the WaMu accounts she deposited money into on her way to Travis' house.

i heard it's around 20 yrs. before a dp prisoner is actually executed. is this true and if so , why does it take so long? i certainly think she is dp qualified.

I'm no attorney, but an execution takes so long because there is appeal after appeal after appeal and the justice system moves slowly...

You probably answered this already. But,what happened to the damaged CDs that started the argument? Thanks

Hello everyone,

I just recently joined the board, having only read about the trial in the last couple of weeks. I have very much enjoyed reading through the discussions and look forward to participating in some along the way.

I hope my questions aren't too terribly banal, but I would appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

Firstly, with respect to pieces of evidence presented by either side, must they all be shared with the other team before the trial or can they simply be 'sprung' at any point?

Secondly, I have found myself more often than not transfixed with the diligent court reporter, typing away feverishly. I'd simply like to know if these individuals type word for word, letter for letter, everything that is said, or do they use some form of shorthand? I can't imagine the concentration it must take. Fascinating!

Thanks again for any insight.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members