Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone! I'm still really curious as to why JA said "we" when she was talking about her trip from Redding to Monterey. The car rental guy said that she came in with a man. Who could she have been travelling with???

Can someone tell me who Sky Hughes is? I know she had TA's journal, and that part of it, but I have no clue who she is, how she fits in the story and knew the players before the murder. Thx

Chris Hughes was a Mormon PPL up-and-comer, as was TA.

Sky is his wife.

Here's their webpage: http://www.teamrenew.com/chris-and-sky-hughes-ut

An interesting excerpt:

"Chris and Sky were married in July of 2002. They enjoyed a 10-day honeymoon at a 5-star resort on the beach in Cancun, Mexico."

So, okay. Just a silly little question here (looking foward to the end of the trial and the DP verdict). Do you suppose the Defense Team will hold a press conference and claim there has been a grave miscarriage of justice here? Personally, I can't see Juan making any kind of "gloating" testimony after his successful conviction of Murder 1. I know this is pre-mature and silly ... but just kinda daydreaming this weekend.

Also ... on the serious side ... I'm sorry to impose on you "yet" again .. but could anyone direct me to the article written by a fellow Websleuther with respect to Dr. Gus ... I mean ... Samuels and his unethical problems.

I have been trying to find the testimony of Mimi Hall and Lisa Andrews .... I feel like such an idiot. I'm just bored and want to review some of the testimony ... I have been finding a lot, but can't seem to find the full testimony of both of those former girlfriends ...

btw ... such great posts by sooooooo many of you. I just can't keep up on the details and apparently my googleing skills leave something to be desired. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. Hugs!
Mimi Hall was the very first witness on the stand, I believe, so she should be in day one of the trial recordings. But if you look at the first page of every thread, there is a link for al lof the testimonies translated by some of our great members here. You'll find it faster there I think.

I think that is one of the photo's from her grandparent's home. From the burglary on May 28th

It could be but, I did notice the picture before and after it looked like it was of Travis' home. That is what makes me think it is his home, but I don't know. I am very curious about that picture.

Good Morning everyone! I'm still really curious as to why JA said "we" when she was talking about her trip from Redding to Monterey. The car rental guy said that she came in with a man. Who could she have been travelling with???
I always assumed "the man" was her brother. She parked her car at their house when she was getting the rental, and one of them had to take her to and from the airport to get her rental car. ???

That's a very good question.

I don't think we'll see a list of deleted vs. non-deleted images or all of the images themselves, although the prosecution certainly has such a list, as LE recovered at least some of the deleted photos.

Other Facts

• 'Deleted' files (digital images are a type of file) are quite easily recovered if they have not been overwritten.
  • Travis's SONY H9 apparently had no time lapse capability.
  • It did have a 10- and 2-second delay timer feature.
  • It offered deletion at the individual and multiple-selected image and entire folder levels. View attachment 30848
  • It had 31MB of internal memory. Some have speculated otherwise.
  • It offered the ability to copy all images from internal memory to "Memory Duo Stick"; i.e., think of this as a Micro SD card with SD adapter.
  • It offered the ability to format the memory area.
  • It offered the ability to connect camera to any USB device; e.g., computer.

Possibilities/Probabilities

• JA did not delete all images from internal memory and memory stick,
  • JA did not know how to delete pics en masse using this camera,
  • JA ran out of time in deleting pics individually, ergo the washing machine,
  • LE did not recover all deleted pics -- it is highly unlikely that any pics stored on the SONY's internal memory, if any, were recovered after the wash cycle,
  • If JA thought simply to format the memory 'stick', depending upon the type of format procedure, some if not most images were still recovered if they had not yet been overwritten.
  • JA may still possess -- not physically in prison, of course -- any or all of these images as she had the ability to copy them from internal memory to the 'stick' or computer, and from the 'stick' to computer and so forth. Is she holding open her options for potential future blackmail?

There was testimony the other day that ALL of the murder day pictures were deleted. There were other pictures that were already on the camera that Travis had taken before the murder day -- and those were still on the camera, not deleted.

Mimi Hall was the very first witness on the stand, I believe, so she should be in day one of the trial recordings. But if you look at the first page of every thread, there is a link for al lof the testimonies translated by some of our great members here. You'll find it faster there I think.

Thanks so much. Guess I was looking in all the wrong places :blushing:

The other thing that argues for knife first is the placement of the stab wounds. They are ALL over him, chest, back, legs, back of the head, etc, suggesting a terrific struggle by him to get away from someone basically hacking away blindly. If he were already somewhat incapacitated by a gun shot to the head when she started the knife attack, I have trouble envisioning the need for that number and placement of knife wounds.

My thinking is:

She stabbed him in the chest first; he stumbled to the sink, coughing out the blood, and she is stabbing him in the back; he turns to fend her off, gets stabbed in the hands, torso, maybe the head (over the eyebrow I thought there was a stab wound?), then seeing he is clearly wounded badly and dealing with a psychopath, the tries to get away down the hall; because of the stab to the chest, his legs give out which is when he may be "on all fours" like she said, screaming for help. Since she did not want anyone to hear him, that's when she slit his throat. Dragged him back to the shower, dumped him in it, shot him, then maybe used the cup to wash herself off in the middle of the bathroom (hence the water in the floor diluting the blood and wicked up into the bottom of the box), and runs the shower over him while she does that; she strips off her clothes, puts them in her backpack (sopping wet), dries off, gets dressed in the closet and takes all the bloody towels and the linens to the washer. Diabolical wench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The intruder story seems to have been made up on the fly. I don't think it was something she thought about before the murder. She was confident that her cell phone alibi, her alibi with Burns, and the lack of any electronic evidence of her in Arizona would be enough to ensure her freedom. My belief is that she did not have much confidence in that toy-like gun and so she packed a knife just in case.

Yes, I pretty much agree with you. I thought it was an interesting explanation for the two weapons, though, and would be interested to hear what others think.

There was testimony the other day that ALL of the murder day pictures were deleted. There were other pictures that were already on the camera that Travis had taken before the murder day -- and those were still on the camera, not deleted.

Were they on the camera (internal memory) or on its "Memory Stick Duo" (removable/portable memory), as Sony refers to the medium?

Did someone testify conclusively that JA did not copy any of the images to other storage media?

I suspect not.

So, okay. Just a silly little question here (looking foward to the end of the trial and the DP verdict). Do you suppose the Defense Team will hold a press conference and claim there has been a grave miscarriage of justice here? Personally, I can't see Juan making any kind of "gloating" testimony after his successful conviction of Murder 1. I know this is pre-mature and silly ... but just kinda daydreaming this weekend.

Also ... on the serious side ... I'm sorry to impose on you "yet" again .. but could anyone direct me to the article written by a fellow Websleuther with respect to Dr. Gus ... I mean ... Samuels and his unethical problems.

I have been trying to find the testimony of Mimi Hall and Lisa Andrews .... I feel like such an idiot. I'm just bored and want to review some of the testimony ... I have been finding a lot, but can't seem to find the full testimony of both of those former girlfriends ...

btw ... such great posts by sooooooo many of you. I just can't keep up on the details and apparently my googleing skills leave something to be desired. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. Hugs!

Look on you tube for "day 1 of Jodi arias trial" and that is Mimi Hall and the responding officer (Sterling Williams??), but day 1 is audio only; I think Lisa Andrews is in day 11 I believe (again, YouTube.....I had to play catch up myself!!).

Minor, I posted this in the LQ thread, maybe you will see it here....or someone who knows can address this. Can't wait to have it ironed out until Monday- the suspense is strangling me like a python. TIA.

Angelina Frost said:
Minor, what would this mean in terms of jury deliberation? They can come back with murder 2 or worse, manslaughter?

I'm not well versed in legal matters, although I'm fully aware how serious this is. I guess my question is, worst case scenario for the State and the judge decides to allow this- I know you can't say for sure she will, but she seems to have given the defense a LOT of leeway- what is the significance?

TIA.

This question was about Samuels' testimony and his opinion about premeditation vs. "crime of passion" and whether such testimony, if allowed, could lead to a lesser charge like manslaughter or 2nd degree murder.

First of all, I don't think the testimony would be allowed, but I believe there will likely be jury instructions on a lesser included charge. The judge has to give jury instructions on any lesser included offenses that are supported at all by the evidence, if either side requests the instruction.

I think there will be a manslaughter instruction because of Jodi's testimony that she didn't mean to shoot him even though she pointed a gun at him to "stop him." I have not really heard any testimony from her that fits second degree murder, so we'll see what else comes in and what the attorneys argue in their charging conference. I do not think Samuels' testimony will impact whether or not a lesser included charge is given as a jury instruction though.

The other thing that argues for knife first is the placement of the stab wounds. They are ALL over him, chest, back, legs, back of the head, etc, suggesting a terrific struggle by him to get away from someone basically hacking away blindly. If he were already somewhat incapacitated by a gun shot to the head when she started the knife attack, I have trouble envisioning the need for that number and placement of knife wounds.

That makes perfect sense. I really feel the first stab was when he was on the floor in the shower.. I think she was hoping it would all take place in there so that she could rinse all the evidence away. I think she brought the gun in case, But I think she planned to stab and slash at him til he was dead. It would have been much easier to pull out the gun and shoot him 4 times in the shower.. But I think she wanted it to hurt..

You guys I'm just moved beyond anything right now. I just received a package in the mail from one of our posters who's sending it in the name of ALL the WS forum posters here. It's a package of gifts for Travis' family, some for some of the legal team , something for me, etc. She wishes to remain anonymous but let me tell you this is VERY generous and VERY special. The care that went in to this is beyond anything... i will post more on it w/ pics on the kcl thread (for lack of a better place) if you want to go check it out later. Running out the door now but wanted to just share this amazing piece of generosity. She's posting among us but wants to reap the rewards in only the way a random act of kindness offers. Much love to you, you know who you are!!!

My thinking is:

She stabbed him in the chest first; he stumbled to the sink, coughing out the blood, and she is stabbing him in the back; he turns to fend her off, gets stabbed in the hands, torso, maybe the head (over the eyebrow I thought there was a stab wound?), then seeing he is clearly wounded badly and dealing with a psychopath, the tries to get away down the hall; because of the stab to the chest, his legs give out which is when he may be "on all fours" like she said, screaming for help. Since she did not want anyone to hear him, that's when she slit his throat. Dragged him back to the shower, dumped him in it, then maybe used the cup to wash herself off in the middle of the bathroom (hence the water in the floor diluting the blood and wicked up into the bottom of the box), and runs the shower over him while she does that; she strips off her clothes, puts them in her backpack (sopping wet), dries off, gets dressed in the closet and takes all the bloody towels and the linens to the washer. Diabolical wench.

This makes the most sense to me too. Remember in her ninja story he screams, "I can't feel my legs." This was probably true due to pressure on the spinal chord by the knife wounds to the back. His legs probably gave out and he collapsed, pulling himself down the hall until she cuts his throat.
Where do you place the gun shot?

Precisely.

Unless she staged TA's defensive wounds -- which would have been detrimental to her intentions -- he was alive enough to attempt to cover up and protect himself with his hands, arms and legs.

The murder was deliberate and premeditated.

If she bought the gun to kill herself, why was it HIDDEN in the rental car?? Her mother asked about it and had to hunt down the rental, and no one had found it yet. So my questions, why hide a gun you're going to use on yourself soon anyway?? And hide it so well that even the car rental folks don't find it?? Lets not forget the knives hidden in her boxes of books.

I know! None of it makes any sense. I was just pointing out how while she was under oath (because, you know she said has ALWAYS told the truth while under oath) that she has given two totally different answers to the reason why she bought the 9mm gun. I'm sure JM has caught that little tidbit because he had just questioned her again before he rested, about her buying it for safety because she was the only woman going on on the roadtrip panning for gold with a bunch of men. I can't wait for rebuttal or closing!!!

You guys I'm just moved beyond anything right now. I just received a package in the mail from one of our posters who's sending it in the name of ALL the WS forum posters here. It's a package of gifts for Travis' family, some for some of the legal team , something for me, etc. She wishes to remain anonymous but let me tell you this is VERY generous and VERY special. The care that went in to this is beyond anything... i will post more on it w/ pics on the kcl thread (for lack of a better place) if you want to go check it out later. Running out the door now but wanted to just share this amazing piece of generosity. She's posting among us but wants to reap the rewards in only the way a random act of kindness offers. Much love to you, you know who you are!!!

Thank you so much, generous mystery lady. Much love being sent your way....I hope you feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member