Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it is getting late and i may not make any sense what about this theory on the sex photos on the camera. The quality is not that good. Could she has maybe printed those photos out on 8 1/2 x11 paper before she ever left yrecka from another time they were together. Maybe the neverending week she was leaving mesa in april. She did say she had dried her hair before she left Mesa but it did not go as dark as she wanted it to be. Maybe she had the pictures in her murder bag, maybe she laid the photos out and used Travis camera and took pictures of those pictures not noticing it added the date of the murder. I think she wanted it to be set up for the camera to be found after his death to ruin his reputation as much as she could.

After the shower photos were added if she had not messed up and captured the photos of her dragging body she panicked. I think she thought she put the camera in her bag to take with her but a accidentally got it in the wash instead of her bag to take. If she left the camera without deleting they would have more clues but if those dragging photos had not been taken I think she would have left it so everybody would know Travis' secret after he died and not show her in Mesa that day.

Something is off with those pictures and I can't figure it out. I don't think he had sex with her that day.

On iPad so spelling may be off with my fat fingers

She deleted all the photos they had taken that day, so I doubt she intended for anyone to see them, then or ever.

The quality of the photos isn't very good because all the photos they took that day had been deleted, and were recovered using special software. All the nude photos and all three of the accidental photos were recovered from unallocated space. Only thumbnail images remained of the images recovered from unallocated space. If you've ever seen a thumbnail enlarged, you know how poor the quality is. It's meant to be just a thumbnail. So of course when those are blown up they appear very blurry. That's what happened here.

Don't know of any time she was with Travis where she had dark hair, do you?

Given that the BLUE Kero can she purchased at Walmart never showed up, I would imagine that she filled that can (32 pounds or so) dropped in the gun and the knife and threw it into the most convenient body of water she was passing.

MOO
If that's the case, then she would have had to have them with her at Ryan's. Remember she got enough gas to fill all THREE containers in SLC on her way HOME from Ryans.
I'm thinking she got rid of the knife and gun before she ever got to Ryan's, but IDK what she did with the blue container.
Do we know if LE really found DB's gas cans in gpa's garage?

Good question. I live in Az and I have to say because of budget cuts many of the rest stop stations with bathroom facilities have been closed. As for camping grounds, I can't think of any that would accomidate a clean-up place for her.

She cleaned up in the shower (probably straddling his body) before she left, so she didn't really NEED shower facilities, although she may have used someone's garden hose along the way.

She also bought facial scrub at Walmart. It didn't even occur to me until just now, but she may have used THAT to clean up along the way.

who's the girl on the left?
I'm behind, so someone probably already answered, but Juan has the receipt laying on top of the mug shot photos he showed to the car rental guy.
Just some chick unfortunate enough to somewhat resemble Arias.

I know, that in the woods story is showing up too much and it doesn't make sense

Alos, the terxt about her family drama were at the very end of March....didn't Juan get her to say on the stand that her mom came out to help her nut then left without doing so? I wonder if there's some drama he's referring too there?

I think it was HER fantasy and he was just talking about it (in the phone call) to indulge her. In the email, he was ALSO talking about it in a way that makes me think it was HER fantasy and she can damn well get some other guy to do it.

There was a line-up? Who was asked to i.d. her? I thought there wasn't much question about who she was.
The car rental guy. He said yep, but blonde.
I do think she colored her hair, but I don't know if it's worth chasing with everything else Juan has.

I also thought of that, but that wouldn't have been possible with that camera. The single-shot self-timer had a choice of either 2 seconds or 10 seconds, and the multiple-shot sequence mode would have taken photos much closer together.

Detective Melendez demonstrated in court how the camera, upside down, could take a photo with the slightest bit of pressure anywhere on the back of the camera. So Jodi's own big foot took the last two photos. (Laughing because some who saw her handstand commented on her big feet. Not sure if she has big feet or not.)
Just an interesting comment about the camera's self timer dial (camera shown in link has a silver body but the specs are the same as the black model.)

<snipped>
"The H9's Wheel dial, unfortunately, is very thin and placed so close to the 4-way controller pads that I occasionally tripped the self-timer or changed the flash setting."

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H9/H9A.HTM

She deleted all the photos they had taken that day, so I doubt she intended for anyone to see them, then or ever.

The quality of the photos isn't very good because all the photos they took that day had been deleted, and were recovered using special software. All the nude photos and all three of the accidental photos were recovered from unallocated space. Only thumbnail images remained of the images recovered from unallocated space. If you've ever seen a thumbnail enlarged, you know how poor the quality is. It's meant to be just a thumbnail. So of course when those are blown up they appear very blurry. That's what happened here.

Don't know of any time she was with Travis where she had dark hair, do you?

Exactly right about the photos. She truly thought the pix were deleted. The fact she took the time to delete pix tells me she put camera in the washer on purpose. She could have taken the camera and deleted later. At this point time was a factor. The last thing she wanted was to be seen by a room-mate. (I shudder to think what might have happened if she ran into a room-mate.) She was treating everything AZ "radioactive" including the camera.

As for hair- mostly blonde or I think I saw photos multi -blonde/brown

GREAT demonstration! I always thought that looked like a foot.

And now another poster lightened the final photo to show the button on the duvet! Good job guys!
Except I'm pretty sure that duvet was in the dryer by then??? I'm trying to think what else would have a button - in that particular spot.

Why would she be wearing boots in June? Those are boots? Those boots have fur at the top
Katiedid, This is about your third question I've gone past about the photo, and I just got to tell ya -
That pic is a recreation someone did in their own home to help us understand the real pic of poor Travis. There. Now I feel better. lol

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

Has anyone else had nightmares about this case? I was so scared!

Oh my gosh. You had a scary one. I did too last night! I'm out somewhere and Arias is there too. At some point she starts chasing me while speaking in a scary voice. Like laughing/threatening. I woke up feeling terrified. I had to actually remind myself that she is in jail.

No way, the self timer was on, here are the time stamps of the last 4 photos
1zbucfd.png

Didn't she purchase the airline ticket before the murder? Might be way off base, but is it possible Jodi bought it for an accomplice? Someone could have driven with her from CA to Mesa and left from the airport.

If Arias had an accomplice - wouldn't she have said something by now? Wouldn't investigators have found out about an accomplice in almost five years?

I'm not dismissing you - Arias "Ninja Story" could have been, 'How My Accomplice and I Murdered Travis Alexander."

Arias taking the photos, leaving the camera, and the police being able to retrieve so many images - is IMO - what caused Arias to be where she is today (hopefully on her way to being kept away from society for the rest of her life).

Without the images - it would be easy to think:
How did Travis Alexander's roommates not notice the bloody washer for so long?

How did Travis Alexander's roommates not notice the smell in the house?

It may be common than I realize - but when friends call 911 they say "Arias did it." This could seem strange -- giving room for reasonable doubt by suggesting these friends wanted to frame Arias.

Who left the bloody foot print?

How could Arias overpower such a strong fit man?

All of these questions do not matter - as we have the images showing Arias murdering Alexander.

Caylee Anthony's mother never would admit to detectives any wrong doing. Detective Flores was able to get Arias to "flop," "flap," and backfire on herself. Caylee Anthony's mother never gave in - she stuck to her story no matter how ridiculous. Regardless of how dysfunctional - Caylee Anthony's mother also had a strong support system that worked to help Caylee Anthony's mother. Arias lacked any type of support system. I do not think that Caylee Anthony's mother could have been questioned the same way as Arias without Caylee Anthony's grandparents banging on the door, being in the room, and causing great chaos.

I do think that Flores did a great job - but I also think that it was "luck" that allowed Arias to be where she is today. Flores did not have to contend with a pair of parents instructing Arias not to say anything. IMO, Caylee Anthony's mother would not have admitted that she was in those images - she would have kept to her story that she was never in Mesa. If the images became part of the trial - Caylee Anthony's grandparents would have said that they took the images as part of some film project their son was working on.

Thankfully, there are the images - and Flores did not have "road blocks" to Arias that were present with Caylee Anthony's mother. Hopefully, justice for Travis Alexander will happen. Hopefully, one day justice will be found for Caylee Anthony. I'm afraid that it will be sooner or later that we will learn that Caylee Anthony's mother is married to Cheney Mason, spends her days poolside, and is expecting triplets.

Do you think that Arias had an accomplice? If so, why?

There were not. I have been to that shopping center many times over the years.

But, it really does not matter. The concrete curbs for the planters and the curb near the main part of the mall could have been the "concrete bumpers" (if this were not the testimony of a lying psychopath). The lack of the bumpers would not be good evidence for her lying as anyone could recall a curb but remember it as a concrete bumper.

Of course in her case she is lying, but my point is that this is not good evidence proving the lie.

BBM -- I prefer lying torture-murderess, personally and incontrovertibly.

I think I am probably in the wrong thread, and apologize in advance, but I was just listening to the taped phone sex and to me it sounds like she used some type of audio software to splice together pieces of different conversations. I think this might be what Travis was talking about being scammed. she could have used something as simple as Audacity.

She certainly had the mendacity to use her audacity in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto