Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lest we forget about the abuse Travis endured during his own childhood. I find it absolutely crushing that he survived his upbringing, prospered, and took his life a step forward to motivate and encourage others.

And after all of that he is violently murdered.

A crying shame....

Something I realized in the middle of the night last night. We never hear about her cat again after she takes him the morning after packing her car all night, falling asleep on the couch after pretending to be asleep on the couch, and moving out while her mom cooked breakfast. Cats live a long time, but we never hear about her cat again. Hmmmm... interesting.

well there is that feral cat...perhaps after a lengthy stay???????? but agree hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IMO her rage is expressed only by the death stare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think her rage is only triggered by abandonment - or perceived abandonment. In my experience, any perceived slight, such as taking another girl on the trip, is huge. Because of the extreme reaction to abandonment, she likely does believe it was self defense. He was obviously leaving her and, to her, that was sufficient to evoke self defense, probably more than anything physical could ever do. I would like to know her real history. That's why she is not easily phased on the stand. She does not have an "anger problem," so to speak, she has an extreme reaction to perceived abandonment.

Just my experience working with these issues.

Ok so since the courtroom is so big I couldn't really make out Jodi's facial expressions from my second row seat yesterday but watching her close up today I'm realizing just how glib she is. How throughout she's either having this slight smile or is suppressing it. Esp when she's talking about things like being "strangled", Bobby threatening to kill her family, etc. She is actually SMILING. I'm glad the jury is close enough to see that. Juan will have a field day with her.

I honestly can't wait to hear about Darryl Brewer. The testimony in regards to him is going to speak volumes about the lengths she will go to to lie- I can't wait.

I think like yesterday we are going to hear a lot of dribble complete with smiles again and Nurmi cutting her off again to ask another question.

She reminds me so much of Diane Downs. She would just talk, talk, talk and her lawyer would have to reel her back in. I also noticed that Martinez is taking the Fred Hugi approach: let her keep talking so she'll shoot herself in the foot.

:floorlaugh: Last night I fell asleep at 9pm during her testimony! Can't tell you the last time I went to bed that early. (And I know I am not alone!)

As a psychopathic murderess she's rather anti-climactic. I cannot wait for the cross though - no way I'll fall asleep then.

LOL,,,I'm very seldom up past 8 pm. I go to bed with the chickens and get up with the chickens.

Lest we forget about the abuse Travis endured during his own childhood. I find it absolutely crushing that he survived his upbringing, prospered, and took his life a step forward to motivate and encourage others.

A crying shame....

I'm very glad you say this. Jodi's embellished descriptions of her childhood "abuse" don't even compare to Travis' abusive and neglectful childhood. The reality is most abuse victims become victims again, not abusers. Sadly, just like Travis who was the ABUSED in this relationship. Right up to his death.

IMO her rage is expressed only by the death stare

At least for now!! As soon as she starts rubbing her neck we will know she's starting to squirm! I will quietly start chanting, "JODI! JODI! JODI!" in my office and hope that somehow she gives us a Ted Bundy style outburst! It may not happen but I'll jump for joy if it does!

I'm 41 years old and still don't want to disappoint them! If one of them gives me the stink eye I still get scared!!

yes of course! my parents have both passed on but if they were here today I would feel as you do!

A crying shame....

The part I caught of dr drew last night... He was dribbling about Travis sex addiction based on his childhood! I about lost it!

That's the type of dumba$$ comments that cause me to fast forward everyone I see his mouth moving.

While we wait for today's testimony to begin, I'm wondering what my fellow 'sleuthers think about the second-chair attorney examining Jodi instead of her lead (female) counsel? Seems to me that this is going to be key testimony in Jodi's defense, and I'm not enamored with this attorney and how he's allowing her to ramble on relentlessly. If I were on the jury, I would have a difficult time staying awake. :moo:

Many were yawning.

Ok so since the courtroom is so big I couldn't really make out Jodi's facial expressions from my second row seat yesterday but watching her close up today I'm realizing just how glib she is. How throughout she's either having this slight smile or is suppressing it. Esp when she's talking about things like being "strangled", Bobby threatening to kill her family, etc. She is actually SMILING. I'm glad the jury is close enough to see that. Juan will have a field day with her.

A shiver went down my spine when I read that....

Thank you for reporting what you are seeing from the courtroom! :seeya:

I was just thinking about this...she really doesn't have any girlfriends. Normally when you have a "heartbreak"--you go chat with them--with her its ex-boyfriends or friends of boyfriends...not girls......goes with that theory I guess that she works better with men then women?

Parents can request it but if it isn't warranted, the school district won't do it. It costs the district $$ to retain each child. If children in K are not developmentally ready for 1st grade, if they lack good fine motor skills, if their attention span is nil, if their maturity level is low--among other things, then they are not likely to have success learning in 1st grade. As a teacher, I have seen more parents OPPOSE retention than accept it - much less request it.

I just thought it was interesting to not hear the reason why she was held back. I thought it was an odd thing to mention and then just skip on by the details and then go into specific details about other mundane things.

This t hread moves so fast! Is anyone in the websleuths chat room that we used during caysees trial?

I don't know about anyone else, but all I could see yesterday during her testomony was a monster sitting there. I was so distracted looking at her long pale arms & those hands creeped me out. I kept thinking about what those hands did & couldn't feel any sympathy for her.
I can imagine poor Travis had to hear about her so called abuse ( rolls eyes) cause she had to try & top his abuse.
I knew a woman just like this monster. They are so much alike it's unbelieveable.
She stocked me cause I cut off the friendship. My car was damaged twice, side mirror ripped right off & F you written in the dust on the trunk. & my cat disappeared.
She ended up stabbing her husband. I could tell you so much more that would amke your hair curl.
Jody & her are twins. Do not be fooled by these pshyco's.

While we wait for today's testimony to begin, I'm wondering what my fellow 'sleuthers think about the second-chair attorney examining Jodi instead of her lead (female) counsel? Seems to me that this is going to be key testimony in Jodi's defense, and I'm not enamored with this attorney and how he's allowing her to ramble on relentlessly. If I were on the jury, I would have a difficult time staying awake. :moo:

I thought Nurmi was lead???

ETA: I checked to verify and he is the lead attorney.

I am 62 yrs old--my father disciplined both my brother and myself with a belt....and it wasn't just 1 strike--it was multiple--it left bruises. In those days it was termed discipline--now it would be called abuse. Despite this my brother grew up to be an architect and now owns his own company...Poor abused me grew up to become an MD---been a Pediatrician for 33 yrs. Neither my brother nor I have ever killed anyone. W are all responsible for own lives and our own decisiones...For JA to focus on this is a cop out. Her worse mistakes in her formative years appears to be her behavior around men--Always had to have a BF--left High Schiool to move in with a guy...her behavior in these events scream ::Borderline" to me--that plus a mixture of other issues...So she needs to place the blame where it trully belongs--on herself--on her own choices--don't balame everyone else--especially poor Travis!!!!

I’ve spoken about this before, but it sickens me to see murder defendants put forth “abused” as a viable defense. Whether true, or a lie (Casey Anthony) it makes me puke. I am not talking about verified horrific abuse (physical, mental, emotional), but this JA crap seems to me to be a play on the Casey Anthony trial/verdict. If you don’t have anything else, just say you were abused and some do-do head on the jury will buy into it and give you a get out of jail free card.

Last night, there was a Judge on Dr. Drew’s program and she read the 2 part test for self defense in Arizona law. The second part stated that a “reasonable person must perceive an immediate threat” (paraphrasing). How, in holy hell, could any reasonable person PRE-PERCEIVE an immediate threat after driving the distance she drove to get there, and bring weapons to kill with to boot? That IS NOT SELF DEFENSE. That is premeditation in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member