Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not offensive to me. There is just no need to say things that tend to make those in favor of Arias getting convicted look like they're having to reach to come to this conclusion, when there are metric tons of valid reasons to hate the girl. In my opinion. I don't want you to stop commenting. You're not the first person that's done it, nor will you most likely be the last. Just pointing out that from the outside, it looks like that's the sort of arguments that need to be resorted to.

:twocents:

It's not offensive to me either. Just light hearted conversation that most of us indulge in when court is closed.

I'm watching the replay of yesterday as well. Missed it yesterday but Jodi actually detailed what kind of chocolates had melted (Valentine package). Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Halloween size Hershey's :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I dont believe she got a package but it made me laugh. Innuendo :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yeah, but unfortunately Beth Karas tweeted that it will be a closed courtroom. No press, no cameras, and no courtroom observers. :banghead: I'm gonna check the live feed just in case, but I'm sure Beth is right. :(

Agh!! You are kidding me!!!:rocker::banghead:
You mean we can be told intimate things like oral and anal sex and how great all the men think J was (barf), but we cannot hear an evidentiary hearing?
Bah humbug.

Me too. I am giving them both lots of treats instead of playing with them, and I feel so guilty. (Dog abuse) lol

sadly mine just gets the pleasure of sitting by my feet on a pillow....(I just gave her the pillow---she feels blessed :blushing:)---

I'm watching the replay of yesterday as well. Missed it yesterday but Jodi actually detailed what kind of chocolates had melted (Valentine package). Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Halloween size Hershey's :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I dont believe she got a package but it made me laugh. Innuendo :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

but it was okay---she put them in the fridge...

Who is the woman sitting in JA's chair at the defense desk? And why does she fill the space when JA is on the stand?

There is just so much evidence that points to a premeditated rage filled killing. Nothing she has mentioned points to self defense. Hopefully the jury will ask the following questions when they get their chance to discuss this case. Sex is sex and she did say he NEVER raped her!

Why rent a car outside of your hometown? I really wish the rental car had been found earlier and those stains could have been tested. I have no doubt that the kool-aid stains are blood and the missing car mats are a HUGE red flag!

Gas cans? Seriously? Why couldn’t someone have rear ended her while these were in the car?

No cell phone activity for a whole day and a half (this girl is known for being obsessed with a phone). I do give her credit she did her homework on the pings of cell phone towers.

The pictures on the camera are the biggest thing to me! She rushed her so called "clean up" and left that camera. I know there was DNA found at the house but this sealed her as being there on that very day. If she was TRULY a victim why would she let him take such NASTY close up pictures of her very private parts?

Will the jury get to see her interviews with the media? These show what a known liar she truly is..

The biggest thing to me is the 9 stabs in the back... That is in no way self defense. How in the world did that happen according to Jodi? If he was on top of her while she had the knife wouldn't he have been stabbed in the sides? I don't recall any stab wounds in his sides or ribs. Someone correct me if I am wrong here but unless she has go go gadget arms there is no way she could have stabbed TA in the back while he was on top of her....

She is a cold calculated killer. No doubt about it and I truly hope TA gets the justice he deserves.

i've noticed that j.a. has been saying "sorry," rather demurely, after JM objects.. it made me wonder if this is a ploy to seem intimidated.

or "I don't know if I'm allowed to say that"......

Who is the woman sitting in JA's chair at the defense desk? And why does she fill the space when JA is on the stand?

Wish I could remember if her chair is lowered,lol.
I think she is an abuse expert or something...can't remember.

Did she mention what temp the fridge was at and how long it took them to get hard again?

OMG I bet that will be coming....and brand of fridge, when and if it was defrosted and magnets or not on the front and side,lol.

I cannot wait for Juan to tear her aprt on cross and blow her BS outta the ball park in his rebuttal.

However, the actress that she is, I think she may remain perfectly calm while he blasts her. What do you think?

MOO only.

I think she'll be calm at first but will get irritated at being asked the same question. Then she'll show more of her true evil self.

Go Team Juan!

Did she mention what temp the fridge was at and how long it took them to get hard again?

wasn't given time----that was just about when she mentioned the shirt/underwear---and of course the letter THEN sidebar then see ya.....

I have noticed when either Jodi or Nurmi want to reiterate something, they say "I am sorry would you repeat that" "Or I didn't hear that".

Yes. Like he has to point out this meek,soft spoken little pollyana would only kill to save herself :banghead:

:floorlaugh:
Tap dancing on her boy shorts! Brilliant!

The only acting we've seen from her is when she's been allowed to control the narrative to some extent. I believe once she is challenged we will see a much different Jodi Arias. I don't believe she's a particularly good actress, either, and I think she's going to stumble to explain her actions and deceptions. IMO people who see beyond the mask of a psychopath are their biggest threat. If anyone can expose Arias it's Martinez.

I'm hoping the prosecution addresses this on rebuttal because what I bolded was the very first inkling I had her abuse claims were false. Since she began testifying there are several more examples of her actions, and Travis', that are totally atypical (and unbelievable) of everything we know of abusive relationships from decades of research.

'Beguiling temptress' would be a definition I would associate with a 'good' female psychopath and I am just not seeing it with her. I believe, like you, she may be able to influence one juror with her helpless female persona but her brand of psychopath is totally incapable of swaying 18 strangers on an emotional level. (Of course this could all be for naught if a charismatic leader emerges in the jury room that does believe her claims.)

This is a really good article that looks specifically at female psychopathic murderers: http://www.all-about-forensic-psychology.com/support-files/female-psychopathic-killers.pdf

The coming JA cross exam will be very challenging. To do this effectively and convincingly will require careful planning and tact. The sheer volume of irrelevant unimportant minutiae JA has spewed out so far can all be deconstructed but this sort of analysis takes time. Martinez needs to bundle large swaths of testimony and cleverly point out that its content is misleading or frankly false. Martinez must be selective when debunking JA early testimony.
I think Martinez needs to dwell on June 3-5 2008. To explode JA lies and explanations will not be easy. Regarding the “appearance” of premeditation JA will invoke the claim that TA really wanted her to come to Mesa. TA beckoned her as part of his “booty call” habits.
JA description of the crime scene will lack specifics because she was engulfed in terror. The struggle and murder will be described as a “blur”. High detail memory evidenced by all tiny details offered that are over 8 years old will appreciably degrade as JA moves from June 3 to June 5, 2008. Prepare to hear “I don’t remember” hundreds of times on JA’s cross exam. On June 5 JA was in a state of shock and denial. “Oddly” as JA transitions from the shock of her heinous self-defense homicide a “dreamy surreal” psychic state will settle in. Her post homicide clean up and crime scene preparation will be carried out in a trance like state. JA will testify that a kind of automatic pilot function kicks in after TA has been killed. She will come to the realization that she actually survived TA’s murderous assault on her. She will describe a phenomenon of coming to the realization - she survived and her lover did not. The bloody clothes and weapon disposal occurred because of the dreadful realization that a “dead but otherwise beloved Travis” was still with her. She needed to rid herself of the “dead Travis” and live as if beloved Travis were still alive. From June 5 onward JA was in a profound state of denial and was essentially functioning in an autopilot mode.
In other words JA’s account of the TA shower, attack, self defense, and post crime fugue state will be elaborate and well rehearsed. The account will be corroborated by her paid experts. JA will tenaciously cling to the “excuse outline” and refuse to admit to contradictions or any dissembling at all. Her account of the 29 slashes to front and back, the gunshot wound, and the parked corpse in the shower will literally be a “work of art” and as audacious as the “suicide” notice.

OMG I bet that will be coming....and brand of fridge, when and if it was defrosted and magnets or not on the front and side,lol.

They were little lady bugs and she had her grocery list attached and she remembers that because when she put the chocolates in she noticed she was out of milk and she needed milk because she has to have it with her cereal.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (I'm sure it has) but, Cameron Diaz wore Spiderman underwear in the movie "There's Something About Mary" in a very memorable scene. Since that movie is a very popular "date movie" and Travis seems to have had a big sense of humor I would venture to guess maybe this was the reason for the "gag" gift. Not because he was a closet pedophile (ridiculous!)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

Hi, UESwifey. If any of what we have heard is evidence of sexual deviance, we should rope off all of Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Popular Valentine's Day gift and role playing books include very similar light fantasies that probably arouse more giggles than erections.

And let's face it: Travis was a novice in these matters. Until Jodi, his most significant other was Lisa, a sweetly innocent woman who worried that Travis' responses during kissing indicated he was more interested in sex than love. Jodi, on the other hand, had for several years shared a bed and diverse sex play with an older, previously married man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required