Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the jury finds her guilty she will go to prison (either LWOP or DP). If the jury believes her self defense story she will go free.
I don't think the option of life with possibility of parole is on the table.

IMHO she will be convicted.

OH WOW!!! I was so not expecting that answer! I thought since she said she killed Travis, if the jury believed her BS about her having to defend herself she would not get the DP but she would go to prison. I sure you're right and she will be convicted.

I so wish there was a way to hack into that radio frequency and activate her belt from New Jersey ;)

I was hoping she would spill her water in her lap and short out the stun belt. :great:

I'm kind of thinking of this part of her testimony like having to eat all my broccoli before I get cheesecake :)

Has anyone, even Jodi Arias, said it does?
According to opening statement, JA was physically and emotionally abused by Travis and couldn't take any more and did something about it. it's disingenuous to suggest Jodi Arias' testimony is not an attempt on her part to justify why she slaughtered him.

IMO

She's wears a stunbelt in court at all times. If she goes nuts, it can be activated by remote control. From Nancy Grace:

"C.W., she is wearing a stun belt in court. How does that work?

C.W. JENSEN, RETIRED PORTLAND POLICE CAPTAIN: Well, what they do is - - I mean, obviously, they have some concern about her mental stability, so they want to have a device on her so if she nuts up on him, you know, they don`t have to have a couple of cops run up and like, you know -- you know, hit her with a stun gun and choke her out or anything like that. So it`d be very easy if she gets crazy on the stand. They just have to hit the button, boom, she goes down, and it`s very nice and clean, and you don`t have to have a big deal."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/05/ng.01.html

I'd pay to see someone test the stun belt on JA! :giggle:

I'd pay more if any family member of TA's could push the button!

I do not think Jodi and Travis were ever "officially" or "unofficially" boyfriend/girlfriend (which I find to be a very juvenile way to describe an adult relationship)

I'm just checking in so I apologize if this has been asked but is court delayed today? I'm just getting the colored lines on the az feed.

I was told yesterday that the hearings today were closed to the public.
It is an evidentiary hearing IIRC.

HTH

Is it just me... Or I am the only one that doesn't get upset because my husband doesn't maul me at Sizzlers?

Sizzlers? Do they even have those anymore? Haven't seen one here in over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing and googled it last night -- I was surprised there were so many in CA & AZ!! I don't think I've seen one in over 25 years!!

I was told yesterday that the hearings today were closed to the public.
It is an evidentiary hearing IIRC.

HTH

Thanks much!!! I feel so behind when I have to work at work!!!

WARNING - GRAPHIC COMMENT:

I apologize in advance for the sensitive nature of this comment. After she slashed Travis' throat and nearly decapitated him, can you image the process of her moving his body back into the shower and the instability of his head? I won't say more...

but she did it...and then shoved him in the shower and cleaned him off. Then drove to Ryan's house and climbed on top of him.

No shock. No remorse. Cool as a cucumber. Stop at Starbucks for a latte. Staus quo.

I do not think Jodi and Travis were every "officially" or "unofficially" boyfriend/girlfriend (which I find to be a very juvenile way to describe an adult relationship)

Right? Like it became official after he sent her a note after gym class asking her to be his girlfriend and to circle yes or no.

Trust me. JA has meticulously worked out an explanation for every fact noted above.
She will have an answer for the phone, the gas cans, the white car, the license plate adjustment, the pig tails, the altered hair, the camera in the laundry, the deleted photos, the washing machine, the parked corpse in the shower stall, the undiscovered homicide weapons, wound patterns, the late voice mail message to TA, the flirtation with the SLC man, the lies told to police in July, the early elective phone calls to the Mesa police, her attendance at the TA funeral.
I suspect JA will continue to testify for another entire week . She needs to detail all the increasing sexual acts. She needs to show TA became more controlling and more abusive. JA can continue her travel logs regarding their excursions and describe all the demeaning sex that took place on those trips. JA needs to add into the mix that TA began using physical abuse and that he smacked her frequently across the hands and face. She will reinforce the fact that TA kept his sexual and physical abuse SECRET. The defense needs to play the recorded sex tape. Defense will end the murder scene sequence on a Thursday so the jury can digest the horrific struggle over a three day weekend. On a Monday defense will then explain JA post crime behavior. I will wager that a cross exam will begin the week of Feb 18

I do not doubt she will construct the biggest fairytale of a story to make her seem as if she was not an active participant in this "relationship abuse"!!!

I've been verbally and mentally abused and it was with someone I was living with at that time. However I would have NEVER gotten in a car and drove that many miles to see my abuser. That is the biggest misconception here. If she was that afraid of the "anal, oral or vag sex" then why drive all that way? Why not go see SLC guy directly? Oh I know I know the answer! She was NEVER EVER abused she allowed her body to be treated like a F-buddy! It has already been submitted as evidence that she was sexually aggressive in the past with Darrel and took aggressive moves with the SLC guy too. So I honestly believe she was the one who corrupted TA and served herself up on a sexual platter for him. Now being the poor naive guy he was he couldn't resist this blonde California girl with fun bags!

I believe she can explain things all she wants but the truth will be shown that there is NOTHING to back up her claims of abuse. No evidence of it either. Sure the guy called her names and used her body but does that honestly give a reason for “self defense”? :banghead:

OT: Any tax preparers on board that I can pm a question to? Thanks

I think some are giving Jodi too much credit. She hardly comes across as personable, likable, or charming on the stand. If she did I'd be far more concerned her testimony would be capable of swaying the jury.

Yesterday I was quite literally floored at what seemed to be her interpretation of an abusive relationship. Now, we all know abuse comes in all shapes and colors but her account of events lacked even the most basic of telltale 'markers'. I was stunned and stated so at the time. She could have studied abusive relationships or even spoken to other inmates about their experiences to gain a better insight as to how to portray her story. In my opinion it is pretty apparent she hasn't.

I believe instead, like most psychopaths, she believes she is superior to those around her. How could anyone question the account of a seemingly reasonable, highly articulate, mild-mannered woman? And that will ultimately be her own downfall - her own arrogance. JMO

I'm still trying to figure out how we got from she got swatted with a wooden spoon to she was beaten, and how this all translates into she is a victim of domestic violence and travis is a deviant. It seems like a very long reach to me.

I just reheard a clip on HLN . . . . stating her Mom had acryllic nails and she would dig her nails into JA's skin . . . .

I'm sorry . . . . in my experience . . . . acryllic nails don't dig well . . . they are thick - do not scratch and if used as a "tool" will break off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06