Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time she says official or boyfriend/girlfriend or we officially broke up I think what are you 12? Did he pull your hair, hit you in the arm and say do you want to go get ice cream?

During direct, Nurmi has done everything besides ask Jodi 'show us on the doll where Travis touched you' my guess is he's doing the best he can, but won't lose any sleep if the jury throws the book at her.

IMO

JA taking lie detector test.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kOQZP4cbrw"]Simpsons - Lie Detector - YouTube[/ame]

Who would call a thirty year old man a 'boyfriend'? Nurmi - to exaggerate the portrayal of his client as a guileless and naive young woman. imo

What word do you suggest? "Partner" can be confusing and I can't think of anything else that really fits.

Listening to InSession replaying the defendants first day on the witness stand.

Age 17, she couldn't fathom being grounded for three months until she turned 18 yrs old, so she moved out of her parents house her junior year and eventually dropped out.

Fast forward to age 28, she couldn't fathom Travis telling her he wanted nothing to do with her ever again, so she stabbed him 27 times, slit his throat from ear to ear, then shot him in the forehead.

Let's say you believe every.single.word that has come out of Arias' mouth so far. You feel sorry for her, she was used and cast aside. Terrible, just terrible.

BUT, does that justify TA's killing? And WHAT have you heard so far that you would consider "abuse" and "life in danger?" How are you justifying the killing even if you truly believe everything Arias asserts? Remember, for a self-defense claim you have to PROVE that your life was in danger or that you reasonably thought it was. And the force you use as a result must be considered reasonable.

A single gun shot could be considered 'reasonable.' 27+ stab wounds and ear-to-ear neck slicing, not so much. Sorry, but it just doesn't.

HUGE sigh here! Thanks for your post :) Now I think I'll go bake somethig!

I don't think we should be too hard on Nurmi. He doesn't want to be there. He tried to be removed from this case. He is being forced to defend Jodi Arias. He is working with only what he has and reluctantly at that. He had no choice in the matter.

I cannot blame him :) I would not want to defend her either.
HOWEVER.... I do believe that Lawyers can remove themselves, especially if they do NOT believe the client is innocent, and would not be able to represent them with conviction.
I would like one of our legal heads to reply to this.

I do not think Jodi and Travis were ever "officially" or "unofficially" boyfriend/girlfriend (which I find to be a very juvenile way to describe an adult relationship)

Yes. Did she have a "going steady" ring, or a pre-engagement ring. Any type of ring. moo

Who would call a thirty year old man a 'boyfriend'? Nurmi - to exaggerate the portrayal of his client as a guileless and naive young woman. imo

I expect this to figure into their expert's testimony somehow. Like Jodi was emotionally stuck in 6th grade, which I believe she is.

I'm anxious to hear whether her expert is going to be sympathetic towards Jodi or more clinical in describing her pathologies.

ScreenHunter_01Feb071320.jpg
[/IMG]

Add to that:
Hair curtain, when to grab a kleenex, when to say "sorry", "could you repeat the question". :)

I think she is going to sob. She's been trying to squeeze some tears out this whole time, but I think she will sob when JM gets his turn. It is her defense mechanism when really confronted. I bet she has used it to manipulate many men over the years.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Side note: I thought my phone was called "Inspire"! Lol "Desire"

I know what your are saying. Between his long,slow questions and her long, rambling answers I feel asleep the other day.
What I have noticed is how quite he and the investigator have been with her.
I think if JM does not push her hard we will never see the real jodi.
IMHO...
The only way to expose a psychopath is to anger them. It's their only 'real' emotion. He absolutely will have to get under her skin.

I have single, adult, professional girlfriends who DELIGHT in calling their significant others "my boyfriend". I don't think there is anything sneaky or odd about that, personally.

I so wish there was a way to hack into that radio frequency and activate her belt from New Jersey ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Linda7NJ, I love your sense of humor!

Let's say you believe every.single.word that has come out of Arias' mouth so far. You feel sorry for her, she was used and cast aside. Terrible, just terrible.

BUT, does that justify TA's killing? And WHAT have you heard so far that you would consider "abuse" and "life in danger?" How are you justifying the killing even if you truly believe everything Arias asserts? Remember, for a self-defense claim you have to PROVE that your life was in danger or that you reasonably thought it was. And the force you use as a result must be considered reasonable.

A single gun shot could be considered 'reasonable.' 27+ stab wounds and ear-to-ear neck slicing, not so much. Sorry, but it just doesn't.

BBM. Not even one single shot. IMO.

She did not have to drive there in the first place.
She could have gone on her way to meet her next date.

I would certainly like to hear what kind of abuse JA inflicted on her mom!

I just think JA was trying to "hurt" her Mom (and Dad) as much as she could. . . . . .

skipped a final - college US history class . . . . didn't study and skipped to study in the RiteAid . . . . grounded 3 months - no phone, tv, friends, no social function of any kind . . . . . . it was in May (or April) my Junior year . . . . I did finish Jr.year with D's and F's . . . let it all fall apart.

"Surrepticiously pack" items . . . .

She was planning on moving out because she didn't like the "discipline"?!? . . . ( I am thinking . . . well - guess what happens when you hit a boundary Jodi? . . . How's that discipline working for you now?)

She was planning on moving out with the Town's token "Vampire" who did not have legal papers to be able to earn an income? JA was into Witchcraft and Wicca at that point? . . . . .

I am still thinking that her parents had a buttload of her antics by this point in her 17 years . . . . JA was just being "as naughty as she could be" . . . . . this is her MO throughout her entire life . .

A constant living at the extremes of perpetual crisis . . . . that is where JA feels most comfortable . . . . look to the eye of the storm.

What word do you suggest? "Partner" can be confusing and I can't think of anything else that really fits.

"Dating", "exclusive", "committed" -- I agree nothing really fits very well because they were none of these things IMO. They were friends who occasionally had sex.

Timezones mess me up so bad. Would the Evidentiary Hearing today be @ 9:30 Central time... for Texas? :waitasec:

10:30 AZ time is 11:30 Texas time.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members