Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He apparently showed her "confession letters" allegedly written by Travis which stated he (TA) was a pedophile. Nurmi told Sky the letters were confirmed by an expert to be written by Travis.

Took the words out of my mouth - thanks.
Nurmi also is getting paid $225/hr, and has a steady "client" that he's dragging out as long as possible.
Money wise (if that figures into his defense of this client), he's doing just fine. I don't know that after he got his pay raise to go through, he was as ambivalent about defending her as is being portrayed in this thread.
One of his initial reasons for trying to get out was that he was opening his own shop, and this would hurt his livelihood - that's taken care of now.

On the laptop stolen from the Prosecutor's Rebuttal Witness, Dr.Demarte, that contained JA Psych Profile and all the info for rebuttal. I hope yall are right and Juan already has copies of everything. I'm worried the defense team wll get a "courtesy" copy from thiefs and will give them advantage.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

1. The News story broke around 3:50 arizona time so wondering if this perhaps played a part in early dismissal today

2. Would just the AZ police investigate or would feds get involved. I hope they are looking at JA family and friends and most importantly, any jailbird friends jodi has made while in the pen...many could have been released in these four years and be loyal to JA

<modsnip>

I do not think that any master criminals were stealing the laptop.

How would anyone guess that she had documents on that laptop? I would assume all documents were given to the court already .

I did not have as sensitive of a job as this woman, but we sure did get training on the keeping of documents. And on computers, there was no way to enter the information because they were so protected by so many safeguards.

Of course, some master computer person probably could get in, but I do not believe JA has one on board. But who knows. A thief and then a master hacker? Why?

They can order new testing on her,

I was surprised as to how the day's questioning ended??? She was explaining about the spiderman underwear, the DA asked her if there was anything else in the package, she said "there was a nice letter" and the DA asks to approach the bench...That's it. They approach the bench and when everyone comes back, court is dismissed.

What on earth happened?

I was thinking of that last night. IIRC, Nurmi cut her off when she started getting into the spiderman boys underwear, she said she thought it was a joke at first, then he cut her off as though he didn't want her to say anything else about the underwear, which made me curious. Then he asked her what else was in the package, and she said a nice letter, then asked if they could approach the bench and that was it.

Victim friendly board ...
I didn't say anything horrible about Travis. He was a hypocrite who used Jodi for sex, but I was probably not much different when I was young, single and horny. Young people tend to be very sex driven; there's nothing out of the ordinary about Travis or the way he treated Jodi, nor was it cruel and abusive.

Does anyone remember what trial day Gus was on? I want to rewatch his testimony, both from the evidentary hearing and his trial testimony. I think his name is Gus, the guy who wanted nothing more than his 30 seconds of fame.

Yes but in an exclusive relationship where you aren't engaged or married, what's the appropriate word for that person? "Man/woman I'm in a commited relationship with" is long and awkward.

I don't think it's particularly loaded or inappropriate for a 30 year old or even a 50 year old if that's the level of relationship. It's not like she said "going steady", haha.

Let me see if I can articulate better what bugs me about it.

I don't think it's weird to refer to your SO as "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" - even if the people are in their 30's or 50's.

However, referring to the relationship as "boyfriend/girlfriend," especially when you start talking about "officially" becoming "boyfriend/girlfriend" sounds completely junior high to me, and I don't ever hear adults refer to their relationships like that. People say "we were dating", or "we were dating exclusively" or "we were in a serious relationship" or "we were in a committed relationship." See what I mean?

Besides, in this relationship, they behaved exactly the same with each other the whole time -- nothing changed when Jodi alleges they "officially" became "boyfriend/girlfriend." I don't think Travis ever saw her that way, and I'm scratching my head over why Jodi picks the exact dates February 2 - June 29 as the period when they were "officially boyfriend/girlfriend" when they were having oral and anal sex way back in November (according to Jodi).

I didn't say anything horrible about Travis. He was a hypocrite who used Jodi for sex, but I was probably not much different when I was young, single and horny. Young people tend to be very sex driven; there's nothing out of the ordinary about Travis or the way he treated Jodi, nor was it cruel and abusive.

Did you glean this from the lying murderers testimony?

You didn't say anything horrible -- it just rubbed me the wrong way, and seemed a little overly blame-y of Travis.

I've heard both that he hasn't spoken to her since her arrest and also that he has cancer and can't travel (due to treatment). Neither comment has been verified, as far as I know.

Jodi said he's feeble now... She was choked up at the thought if the spoon in mommies purse than her ailing dad... Cause a sick dad is of no use to Jodi. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I think Jodi believes everything she is saying. Her perception.

It's like people like her and CA have lived in their fantasy worlds for so long, they become their real world and can't get out of them.

I was thinking of that last night. IIRC, Nurmi cut her off when she started getting into the spiderman boys underwear, she said she thought it was a joke at first, then he cut her off as though he didn't want her to say anything else about the underwear, which made me curious. Then he asked her what else was in the package, and she said a nice letter, then asked if they could approach the bench and that was it.

I think it's actually Nurmi who asks to approach the bench after she mentions the nice letter...

Jodi said he's feeble now... She was choked up at the thought if the spoon in mommies purse than her ailing dad... Cause a sick dad is of no use to Jodi. IMO

Cold, but accurate. She's willing to steamroll anyone.

They thought he was in Cancun.

That makes sense. But wasn't another woman supposed to go with him? I was wondering if she tried to contact him. Or maybe JA sent her a text cancelling?

I had the same question because I thought Pollyanna would be a compliment but I found this in the Urban Dictionary.

Pollyannaish

Belittling and often insulting term for being absurdly optimistic and good-hearted, believing in a good world where everything works out for the best all tht time.

If you scroll down it also says "Although I've been raped and mishandled by a demon, I'm determined to remain optimistic, no matter what" is a perfect summation of being pollyannish.

TA probably meant no harm but typical JA just had to take it to another level (or "whole nother" level as JW would say)!! She probably didn't know who the heck the original Pollyanna was and googled it (this Urban Dictionary post was from 2004).This probably inspired her tall tale of being mishandled by TA but sucking it up anyway and not telling him no or that she didn't like it!!

She made a point of saying that her fathers belt beatings didn't leave welts but that her mother's spoon beatings did. ???

I am sure this has been posted but this &^%$#*^% Makes me so ill the more I read or find I sit and Smh dare I say I have seen or read it all with this witch......

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/pe/guestbook.aspx?n=travis-alexander&pid=111722519&page=26

June 14, 2008
Travis, what can I say to you that I haven't already said? I am so grateful for the endless hours of conversation and amazing experiences we've shared. Thank you for having the courage to share the Gospel with me. You've had one of the greatest impacts on my life, and have forever !!

OMG!!

PLEASE send this to Juan Martinez, in case he has not seen it!!!

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/

Holey buckets-- I would LOVE to hear him have Jodi read this on cross x-- dunno if it can be verified as coming from her. Geesh-- her chutzpah is unending.

I guarantee he has seen that.

Good morning everyone :-) If the jury believes JA, what happens? She has said she killed Travis, so what will happen? All this BS is just so she won't get the DP, right???? She'll still go to prison? Thanks :-)

No. This is not just some long penalty phase. If she successfully proves self defense she will walk right out of jail, a completely free woman.

See this is what I don't get, is JA saying Travis attacked her on the day she murdered him, he attacked her so she had to do all that she did to Travis that day to defend herself? If that's the case why all the BS about her whole life, why not just stick to what happened on the day JA murdered Travis? I honestly do not understand how anything that happened before THAT day can be seen as her having to defend herself on THAT day. What does her mother "beating her with a wooden spoon" have to do with her having to defend herself against Travis on the day she murdered him?

They are trying to establish that she was an abuse victim. That starts with establishing the characteristics of a victim of domestic violence (one of which is having come from a childhood of abuse).

It's like they were checking off traits via jodi's testimony.

Once they establish she was a victim, then they will establish that Travis was an abuser and that due to his pattern of abuse, his anger and attack on jodi that day, led her to have reasonable fear for her life.

Good morning, all! This may sound like a stupid question, but it just keeps bugging me. When Travis was found, so many of his friends said immediately that they thought it was JA because she was stalking and harassing Travis. Why, oh why, did he let JA stay that day and have sex with her if she was being so horrible? Why did he not make her leave?

Why does any victim of a domestic abuser stay? Look at Rhianna. I know that jodi probably didn't physically abuse Travis, but mentally, I think she did.

I also feel that Travis felt he could handle her and although he had fears, he ignored his fears. Thats sometimes easy to do when you are in the middle of

RE: peni pics

'Cause JA said TA deletes right after he listens/views so he probably also deletes right after he sends also. :lol:

Anything deleted is not really gone. Just like jodi deleted the naked pics off the camera, but LE still retrieved them.

What about jodi's running away? Did Nurmi bring any of this up? Of course he wouldn't, that would make Jodi look bad. Can Prosecution bring it up?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member