Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife ( an attorney) and I have had several discussions regarding the relative “evil” to be found within Jodi Arias vs Casey Anthony.
The question reads “who is the most reprehensible and evil – JA or CA? and why so?
My wife effectively argued that JA decidedly is more “blameworthy” and “evil”. I will summarize her arguments later.
Granted that both are sociopaths, both are elegant liars, both committed serious crimes (CA verdict notwithstanding) and – ceteris paribus ie all things being equal – both would ordinarily be facing a death sentence.

Wow. That's a tough question. The most reprehensible and evil.

I would have to go with Casey~She killed an almost 3 year old little girl. And the 3 year old was her daughter. And...she blamed her father.

"Dating", "exclusive", "committed" -- I agree nothing really fits very well because they were none of these things IMO. They were friends who occasionally had sex.

Yes but in an exclusive relationship where you aren't engaged or married, what's the appropriate word for that person? "Man/woman I'm in a commited relationship with" is long and awkward.

I don't think it's particularly loaded or inappropriate for a 30 year old or even a 50 year old if that's the level of relationship. It's not like she said "going steady", haha.

IMO, he's getting the prior behavior out there before Martinez can. 1st!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordinarily I would think so and would agree that's the best strategy for dealing with "bad facts." But there's no way Juan would have ever known some of the things Jodi testified to.

Me too. I am giving them both lots of treats instead of playing with them, and I feel so guilty. (Dog abuse) lol

Somebody's gonna call CPS on me.

:cat: Cat Protective Services.

I forgot to feed my sweet girls their supper the nights JA was on the stand.

Bad Cat Mommy.

RBBM:

:eek: Wow ... Thank You, Carol2 ... this is interesting : concerns about her "mental stability" ...

I canNOT wait to hear the Prosecutor's psyche expert ...

:waitasec: Anyone think they will get to see HOW this stun gun belt works LIVE from the courtroom next week ?

:seeya:

I would be VERY surprised if we see anything different than what we've seen this week. Soft spoken, demure, apologetic for being wordy. I think she might cry (or appear to cry), depending on how JM is, but that's my best guess. I do not see her yelling, screaming or acting in a way that would get the stun guns fired up. Sorry! lol

Great catch! My first impression was that whole package was fabricated straight up to the melted chocolates. Then after court realized that was the general consensus of Travis friends. That he sent no such box ever. I believe she made that t shirt / panty thing herself. That entire package had "girl made this" written all over it. They had just become a "couple" but somehow he found time to play Martha Stewart, write a letter, package it all up and mail it to her in time for valentines day! Sorry don't buy it.

Travis did make the t-shirt's. He gave them to all of his friends. They say, on the front(as we see) "Travis Alexander's", and on the back: "Being Better Blog", and probably the web address. I cannot find a pic to link, which probably means all of his friends who have piped up about it have been told long ago to not speak about it because it is evidence countering her testimony.

I think he will fire closed ended questions are her pretty quick instead of the slow motion way Nurmi talks. Martinez is not going to give her any wiggle room.

This ^^. Totally agree.

I don't think we should be too hard on Nurmi. He doesn't want to be there. He tried to be removed from this case. He is being forced to defend Jodi Arias. He is working with only what he has and reluctantly at that. He had no choice in the matter.

I feel the same way, Carol.

He is not in the league with some truly disgusting defense attorney's like Baez and Mason, IMO.

It seems to me there is really so little for him to work with, and he is doing the best he can. He is not out in the media bashing the victim or the prosecutor. He does not seem to be telling lies and making a mockery of the court.

He is not treating the witnesses badly. He is not smirking and putting his arm around his client (that I can tell).

I have to cut him some slack for having to be associated with JA and trying to do his best for her. It is probably hard for him to go through this agonizingly slow questioning, and he's probably had to do it more than once in practice. Can you imagine having to deal with her for hours and days on end, listening to that fakey meek voice. And knowing it is all bull*****, not even having the possibility of thinking maybe my client is innocent, knowing she's admitted to a heinous killing.

I agree that any terminology would be confusing if the circumstance of the relationship were not fully known. i.e. living together or apart. Given the age group of the victim and defendant, I think 'partner' for singular, and 'couple' for plural would be the more likely usage. No?

In this case though, I don't think they were any of the above. The relationship appears to me to have been purely physical, each with their own agenda. jmho

Parter always throws me for a bit. Business parter? Same-sex partner? Domestic partner?

My wife ( an attorney) and I have had several discussions regarding the relative “evil” to be found within Jodi Arias vs Casey Anthony.
The question reads “who is the most reprehensible and evil – JA or CA? and why so?
My wife effectively argued that JA decidedly is more “blameworthy” and “evil”. I will summarize her arguments later.
Granted that both are sociopaths, both are elegant liars, both committed serious crimes (CA verdict notwithstanding) and – ceteris paribus ie all things being equal – both would ordinarily be facing a death sentence.

Speaking as a mother, Casey still beats Jodi for me. A five month hump fest verses the three years Casey had to look into her babies eyes and then decide to kill her because movie night was more important than Caylee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone can quantify a difference between snuffing out a life never having lived or snuffing out a life in its prime as better or worse.

For me Casey committed the ultimate sin. Her crime is aberrant of human nature itself. Yet, I've studied filicides for a quarter of a century and have read of crimes much 'worse' than hers in that the victim was fully cognizant they were being murdered and often in a much more painful manner. Some crimes against children I've read of have literally been psyche-altering. (Especially historical filicides before firearms were so common.)

On a basic human level Jodi scares me more. I believe Casey's crime was mainly borne of inconvenience and selfishness where Jodi's was transpired by spite and sadism. There is a level of brutality in Jodi's crime I've very rarely seen. I do not believe Casey will kill again. Jodi, I believe, easily could.

To set up a foundation for the experts to explain how damaged she was before she met Travis? And how she went over the edge with him?

That's what I think. She's not coming across as damaged. She comes across as someone who over-dramatizes everything. I stayed out all night and got in trouble...I have to run away! Travis is so mean...he called me Pollyanna! Travis helped a drunk girl stand up so she wouldn't fall...I have to run to the bathroom in tears because he betrayed me by touching another woman!

Travis did make the t-shirt's. He gave them to all of his friends. They say, on the front(as we see) "Travis Alexander's", and on the back: "Being Better Blog", and probably the web address. I cannot find a pic to link, which probably means all of his friends who have piped up about it have been told long ago to not speak about it because it is evidence countering her testimony.

It's been mentioned here on Websleuths that Travis's blog, "TABBB", was created a year or more AFTER the Valentine's when Jodi alleges he sent her the tshirt with "Travis Alexander's" on the front. (Basically, his gift to Jodi would have predated the blog, therefore predated the tshirts he gave to his friends, as well.)

Been trying to catch up on this thread.

Jeeze. I run to shoprite and run errands and then there are pages and pages to catch up on!

I think I need a break from Arias. As I sadi in another comment, by dinner time (NY time) I am irritable from watching this trial and listeneing to this nonsense from the killer.

(I say that, but I am sure I will be back here at some point!!)

Thanks you, thank you. He's GOT to know his client is lying, yet he's trying to get her to lie even more dramatically!! The entire SD claim is simply a way to trash Travis. Nurmi KNOWS it was not SD, but has no problem eliciting false testimony from his client.
There are ethics involved, and IMO, Nurmi has crossed the line of obligation long ago. We also know he lied to Sky - was this part of his "obligation"?
I agree with Sky's opinion of him as a snake.

We don't know for fact, yet, that he lied to Sky. We know that she thinks he did. But we are not yet 100% certain of what is on that report he was waiving around the courtroom during the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman