Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All true. However, if your life truly were in danger (and you could prove that), then the level of force necessary to save your life would have to be considered 'reasonable.' A gun shot or 2 is (reasonable) in such a situation. Stabbing someone 27+ times, including in the back, then slitting their throat ear to ear is not a reasonable defensive response. It smacks of pure rage and revenge. A jury will have to consider whether Arias' actions that day were 'reasonable' and if she had to stab him 27+ times to "defend her life."

She didn't. No one does. If she didn't have the gun and/or knife with her in that bathroom, then when she went to get them she could have kept running away as she was dressed. If she had those items with her in the bathroom, then she needs to explain why and why she would go in a bathroom with weapons while this "abusive guy" was in the shower, with the door closed. Bottomline: in either scenario she could have gotten away, she had the advantage at every point, and her story doesn't make sense and her actions are not 'reasonable' for someone trying to save her own life and escape. No matter how much any juror likes her or may feel sorry for her or may even believe her ramblings, when all is said and done, they will have to deliberate with their fellow jurors and explain exactly why Arias' killing in that way was reasonable and her only choice. And good luck with that!

Great Post! :clap::clap:

Just another indication that there is something off with this chick.

Yes, and amazing how it was so funny - until the lady had anything to do with Travis. Then it was serious and hurtful.

Can you imagine those were totally melted yet didn't seem to ruin all those other lovely gifts?

Liar liar liar liar evil liar. :furious:

And why gratuitously mention that what seemed like a thoughtful gift was all ruined and unacceptable to Jodi? What a b-word

I joined WS months ago while following a British case but this is my first post. I've followed the trial right through, watched all the sessions and read all the posts here. You're a fantastic group of witty and intelligent sleuthers! I have joined the dots to various incidents based on the testimony we've heard but I realise we are in a privileged position compared with the jury, who have only heard and watched everything once so far, and of course cannot discuss the case between themselves yet. However I have complete faith that JM will paint the big picture for them in his closing arguments.

Thank you. Then it even more makes me wonder how that picture was taken. I know the camera was dropped before that and a picture taken of the ceiling. But how did this picture happen?

When JM was taking testimony from the Police camera expert he was at pains to clarify whether the shutter button would activate if the camera were pressed on while upside down on the floor. For that reason I believe JM is suggesting JA trod on the upside-down camera as she dragged Travis backwards by his arms to his final resting place in the shower. His throat was probably cut by this time, to judge by the blood streaming around his neck.

I think I am in the shot first crowd, too. My theory (just a total guess from pictures): She shot him in the shower, or as he was getting out to try to stop her from shooting. It was not enough to kill him. He stumbled to the sink and she started stabbing him in the back. That's when he turned around and tried to defend himself and got the defensive wounds on his hands. I think the throat slit was the final infliction. MOO

I agree with that sequence. Additionally I believe he valiantly attempted to escape along the hallway leading back from the bathroom to the bedroom because the full Police Report refers to the quantity of blood throughout that hallway and notes the absence of blood down the centre - mopped by the dragged body.

All my own opinion.

Yes, and amazing how it was so funny - until the lady had anything to do with Travis. Then it was serious and hurtful.

Not sure if you guys caught this but I learned that woman actually is a long time platonic friend of his. That what happened was two buddies just goofing off and having fun. And everyone knew it. Of course any female around Travis was just competition in the eyes of the Evil One.

So she tapes her first, then runs in the bathroom to cry???

She's wears a stunbelt in court at all times. If she goes nuts, it can be activated by remote control. From Nancy Grace:

"C.W., she is wearing a stun belt in court. How does that work?

C.W. JENSEN, RETIRED PORTLAND POLICE CAPTAIN: Well, what they do is - - I mean, obviously, they have some concern about her mental stability, so they want to have a device on her so if she nuts up on him, you know, they don`t have to have a couple of cops run up and like, you know -- you know, hit her with a stun gun and choke her out or anything like that. So it`d be very easy if she gets crazy on the stand. They just have to hit the button, boom, she goes down, and it`s very nice and clean, and you don`t have to have a big deal."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/05/ng.01.html

I am way behind in my reading so I apologize....but.....

Whoa......whoa....so wait...they have a stun belt on her? Is this true? I have never heard of this before! If this is really true it makes me think that she HAS had many crazy outbursts while being incarcerated for the last few years and that someone was concerned enough about it. Yet all I've ever heard about is what a model and well behaved prisoner she's been. Have I missed something?

What do you guys think of Jodi's admission she taped this "really drunk" woman "to show her the next day"?

Yep i can so see it. She thought it funny. I would have felt embarrassed for the woman and left.

What do you guys think of Jodi's admission she taped this "really drunk" woman "to show her the next day"?

I didn't hear it! It was in the midst of me unplugging my phone during it's download and deleting everything from it. :cry: I'll have to go back and listen to yesterday's testibaloney again when it's quiet around here.

I joined WS months ago while following a British case but this is my first post. I've followed the trial right through, watched all the sessions and read all the posts here. You're a fantastic group of witty and intelligent sleuthers! I have joined the dots to various incidents based on the testimony we've heard but I realise we are in a privileged position compared with the jury, who have only heard and watched everything once so far, and of course cannot discuss the case between themselves yet. However I have complete faith that JM will paint the big picture for them in his closing arguments.

When JM was taking testimony from the Police camera expert he was at pains to clarify whether the shutter button would activate if the camera were pressed on while upside down on the floor. For that reason I believe JM is suggesting JA trod on the upside-down camera as she dragged Travis backwards by his arms to his final resting place in the shower. His throat was probably cut by this time, to judge by the blood streaming around his neck.

I agree with that sequence. Additionally I believe he valiantly attempted to escape along the hallway leading back from the bathroom to the bedroom because the full Police Report refers to the quantity of blood throughout that hallway and notes the absence of blood down the centre - mopped by the dragged body.

All my own opinion.

Good points! Welcome to Websleuths! :seeya:

:seeya: neighbor - Im in Houston.

Yay - Hey Snoopy! Lots of us Texans supporting "the fight for justice"!!! By the time testimony is over we should all pick a spot to gather and await the verdict! I'd propose a TEXAS SIZED bar somewhere ~ we'll be ready for shots if JA gets the DP or to drink ourselves into a fuzzy haze should anything other than that happen!!

Sorry for being a post hog here, but ....

Jodi's description of the drunk lady and Jodi thinking it was funny and taking a video of it -- I think that describes so clearly who Jodi really is more than anything else she has said.

She described this like it was a totally normal reaction and behavior on her part -- no clue that normal people would see it as so totally horrible and mean. And that says even more about her.

We did see that kind of rage in the Susan Wright case. She stabbed her husband 192 times after tying him spread eagle to the bed. She said she was an abused wife. I believe her. However, her killing was rage-based, not "save my life" based. She was convicted of 2nd degree murder by that TX jury.

I remember that case - man was it a shock. I know people who knew both of them, I dont know if she was abused, but the murder was brutal none the less, which was so shocking.

Not sure if you guys caught this but I learned that woman actually is a long time platonic friend of his. That what happened was two buddies just goofing off and having fun. And everyone knew it. Of course any female around Travis was just competition in the eyes of the Evil One.

Whoa. Was the lady friend an older gal with short, blondish hair? I believe I saw her interviewed by Nancy and I've seen her in court. There was NO love lost between her and JA, THAT'S for sure!

All my own opinion.

Thank you for your response and welcome!! I love your post and agree with all you wrote!!

Can you imagine those were totally melted yet didn't seem to ruin all those other lovely gifts?

Liar liar liar liar evil liar. :furious:
I haven't caught up yet but do we know that this mishmash of items were really a gift from Travis? While listening to her testimony it just didn't ring very "Travis" if you know what I mean.

Hmmm, how to say this tactfully...
Travis seems to me to be more of the type of person to give either a classy box of VDay chocolate with a card or some other type of gift entirely like a day at the spa or a massage or something.

The gift that Jodi described sounds more like what comes in your stocking at Christmas.

ETA: Maybe it would be a gift from one friend to another but, not a gift to someone you're seriously boyfriend/girlfriend with. That could make sense too if he only thought of her as a friend and nothing serious or marriage material.

I don't think Travis gave her that box-o-stuff.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Yay - Hey Snoopy! Lots of us Texans supporting "the fight for justice"!!! By the time testimony is over we should all pick a spot to gather and await the verdict! I'd propose a TEXAS SIZED bar somewhere ~ we'll be ready for shots if JA gets the DP or to drink ourselves into a fuzzy haze should anything other than that happen!!

Texan here too. Yeehaw! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member