Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a WS member mentioned her DL said she was 5'6"

Yeah, I saw that. If I would have guessed without knowing what her DL said, I would have said 5'4" or 5'5" My perception was that she is more than an inch shorter than me, but taller than my dd who is 5'3"ish

Not sure if anyone mentioned this one, but it was a repeat on this past weekend. Juan prosecuted Bryan Stewart (aka Ricky Wayne Valentini) in 2011 for the presumed murder of his girlfriend Jamie Laiadee. Wasn't a death penalty case, but there was no body either - which can be a tough case to win, but Juan did.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...chandler-man-guilty-murdering-girlfriend.html

Thanks, bpinkbinkie.

Actually, I recommended to myself that I should do a little of my own research. (And for once, I listened to myself, lol!)

There are 123 people (120 men, 3 women) on DR in AZ.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx

There are 3 women on death row in AZ--

Debra Jean Milke (sentenced Feb 4, 1991, for killing her 4 yo son)

Wendy Andriano (sentenced Dec 22, 2004 for poisoning and stabbing and bludgeoning her terminally ill husband to death)

Shawna Forde (sentenced Feb 23, 2011, for killing 3 people in a race-related break in. Shot a 9 yo girl twice in the face-- one of those GSWs was a contact shot).

Juan Martinez prosecuted Wendy Andriano. So he is no newbie to prosecuting a vicious woman killer. That was very reassuring to read.

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/a/andriano-wendi.htm

I think he is also prosecuting the Christopher Redondo case, which is a DP case. I haven't had time to see if there are men on DR he prosecuted, but I bet there are at least a couple.

I wish there was an easy way to research the cases of a particular attorney or prosecutor. If anyone knows of a database, or a way to search, please post!

I totally thought they were a "couple" for a time and before yesterday I believed that Travis was initially really into her and had high expectations.

After her testimony yesterday, it does not sound like Travis was ever really that into her though. And the only reason I find this testimony credible is I think if Travis WERE into her she'd be all bragging about it on the stand. Remains to be seen for sure IMO.

I was just trying to figure out what it was that made Jodi think they became "official" on Feb 2 because according to her description, he acted no differently towards her when she says they were "boyfriend/girlfriend."

Something else that makes me think that Travis never considered her an exclusive girlfriend -- his friend Taylor Searles (?) has indicated in interviews that Travis actually talked to Taylor about his sexual relationship with Jodi (apparently didn't keep it a secret from everyone), and Travis always talked about her basically like someone he could have sex with but didn't want to date.

IOW = In Other Words .. not sure if that's common usage or if it's something I made up

I think she wore Travis down and they had vaginal sex. They sealed the deal in Jodi's mind? That is the only thing I can think of. And she would think it was so special. She was Travis's first and nothing would change that.

NO, the gun found in her rental car was NOT the gun she used to kill Travis. That gun has never been found.

Why do you think she dumped the gun in Nevada? That's interesting! I'd like to hear your theory!

I keep thinking it was dumped in AZ the state in which she shut off her phone. In that one interview, can't remember the show, the one in which she tells of the male and female killers, she talks about how she found herself in the dessert just driving around. I think that's the snippet of truth amongst the lies that she uses to keep herself on some sort of track.

This is big-time moo. K?
Here is a big reason I do not think she is straight up psychopath - we haven't seen a history of criminal behavior.
She has always kept a job, no stealing, seems to always want to pay her way - not psychopath behavior.
Definitely controlling, lack of empathy, no boundaries indicates Cluster B - I'm thinking borderline and/or narcissistic personality disorder.

Check out this episode of Wives with Knives. Whatever this lady has, I think it is what Jodi has:
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/wives-with-knives/videos/the-scorned-socialite.htm
Note what the forensic shrink says at the end, she'll never kill again as long as she never falls in and loses love again.

As a non-expert in the field, I think she is a straight-up borderline personality disordered individual -- she is the very definition of BPD. And there are a lot of BPD symptoms that overlap with other personality disorders.

Likely true that she won't kill again unless she fears abandonment/loss of love object. Most of her whacky behaviors are related to her intense feelings of being betrayed by someone who is supposed to love her.

But any "future dangerousness" expert will have to point out that Jodi will perpetually be pursuing love attachments -- and will perpetually fail. Such expert would also likely opine that personality disorders like this are pervasive and life-long with little hope of improvement in someone lacking insight and lacking motivation to change (and Jodi lacks both of those things).

I'm looking forward to the psych testimony.

SORRY - I thought you could watch the full episodes. The episode was called "The Scorned Socialite". The name of the woman was Nancy.

I'm going to have to leave, but I'll search for the full episode. I was only able to watch about 2 minutes of three or 4 different vignettes.

As a non-expert in the field, I think she is a straight-up borderline personality disordered individual -- she is the very definition of BPD. And there are a lot of BPD symptoms that overlap with other personality disorders.

Likely true that she won't kill again unless she fears abandonment/loss of love object. Most of her whacky behaviors are related to her intense feelings of being betrayed by someone who is supposed to love her.

But any "future dangerousness" expert will have to point out that Jodi will perpetually be pursuing love attachments -- and will perpetually fail. Such expert would also likely opine that personality disorders like this are pervasive and life-long with little hope of improvement in someone lacking insight and lacking motivation to change (and Jodi lacks both of those things).

I'm looking forward to the psych testimony.

I was so psyched, so to speak, to even SEE there was a Psychologist who'd done an assessment on her for the State (with a laptop to steal). Still wondering about that too.....

Holy crapola! Well, she's given us a couple of "special" dates. Who wants to go for a road trip and check out this theory?! (I seriously have goosebumps over the thought!)

I was wondering if that first location where they stayed in a hotel - forgot the name of the place, but she said it was in the middle of nowhere and maybe said it was in the desert. If anyone remembers the name of this place, I'd like to see if it was anywhere Jodi could have disposed of the murder gear while trotting across the country post-murder.

I keep thinking it was dumped in AZ the state in which she shut off her phone. In that one interview, can't remember the show, the one in which she tells of the male and female killers, she talks about how she found herself in the dessert just driving around. I think that's the snippet of truth amongst the lies that she uses to keep herself on some sort of track.

If I were a murderous psycho familiar with the Mesa, AZ area, I'm not sure I would have kept the gun very long. Especially at that time of day in that area there are TONS of highway patrol just looking for people to pull over. If it were me, it would have been obvious by my demeanor that I needed to have my vehicle searched asap lol and there would have been tons of evidence in Jodi's vehicle, including probably the gun. Otoh, she doesn't seem like the "jumpy" type, so who knows.

I think she wore Travis down and they had vaginal sex. They sealed the deal in Jodi's mind? That is the only thing I can think of. And she would think it was so special. She was Travis's first and nothing would change that.

I also imagine that the vaginal sex thing was a huge triumph for her that fought VERY hard for.

That's what I thought too. The gun was discovered in the engine compartment of the rental care while being serviced in San Francisco area.
Some months after her arrest. IIRC

Is this the gun she shot him with.....?? Is this the one that was stolen from her Grandparents home TIA

I was wondering if that first location where they stayed in a hotel - forgot the name of the place, but she said it was in the middle of nowhere and maybe said it was in the desert. If anyone remembers the name of this place, I'd like to see if it was anywhere Jodi could have disposed of the murder gear while trotting across the country post-murder.

That would be Ehrenberg(burg?)

She definitely looks thinner and more waif like than her pre-arrest photos.

MOO I think she has done this on purpose for this trial.

i agree. ryan said that she was very fit and strong with a washboard tummy, as he was kissing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06