Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh heck no! After listening to every detail of where she slept, ate, had sex, what kind of sex, how it felt, and how she felt afterward, she better not be allowed to give this condensed version of what happened. I hope she is told, "this is all that matters! this is a murder trial!"

I know right! Had to listen to traffic congestion, iced lattes, geography lessons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM - I think the DT will have an expert come on and say JA didn't leave TA because "abused" often don't feel abused and or they protect their "abuser". I also think she is weaving a lot of truth in her lies. And she can't make him out really bad yet as at this point in the testimony they have only been together a few months ("officially" a month:)

That's true. Having been in abusive relationship, I realize my judgement was really clouded and didn't realize it was abuse at the time. But I do now and it's still shocking! I guess it's a good thing the DT didn't get a DV expert to coach her on all that.

Quite the opposite, I feel. Don't forget you are speaking from a wise and rational brain, Jodi comes from a family of dysfunction where the laws of physics are different. Jodi's mother did Jodi's bidding and took forged letters to the National Enquirer at her request. This is a codependent mother who feels guilty about where her daughter ended up. We do not know the truth of anything from the mouth of a liar, but I said from day one that hostility in children is a learned behavior and when it was reported that she bashed her brother over the head with a baseball bat, I *immediately* said - she saw that somewhere in her family - someone in that house displays inappropriate hostility. So I am not so sure that tales of physical abuse in that house are so far off course.

Also, we heard how Jodi says how much she still loves her mother - I think Jodi has a manipulative control over her mother based on guilt from her mother's past. I think Jodi must have given that pendant to her mother as a way to manipulate and appease her and say - "mom, in order to save my life fr the needle I'm going to have to trash you on the stand to garner sympathy, but you still know you are #1 mom in my life." And that display of her mother - to me - was a display of manipulation and control exerted by Jodi over her mother. And in a dysfunctional family, we know denial amd distortion of the truth or facts is second nature. It was her mothers way to say "I'm all behind my angel".

Ugh. I forgot about Jodi's mom taking the fake letters to the National Enquirer. She's another pathetic enabler.

Absolutely agree!

What about jodi's running away? Did Nurmi bring any of this up? Of course he wouldn't, that would make Jodi look bad. Can Prosecution bring it up?

Listening to Jodi's "drunk woman" story. She describes "generous cleavage". What ya wanna bet that's when she decided to get her boob job?

Would like to know how many times Travis invited Jodi to his house vs how many times she just showed up!

I'm still catching up here, but I just watched an ABC news clip with Dan Abrams, George Staphanopolous (sp?) and Nancy Grace. I was stunned what Nancy said at the end! She said that she is afraid the defense is going to work! She said she ran into so many women at the jail that sympathized with Jodi and believed she murdered out of self defense! Now granted...these were probably inmates or family of inmates, but still - this kinda shocks me. I believe with all I have that JA premeditated Travis' murder and it was NOT self defense.

Video here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-murder-trial-reported-plea-deal-attempt-18343030

I'm concerned that her story may ring true with women who have been the victims of sexual assault/molestation. I don't have statistics, but I believe that a high number of women who are incarcerated were sexually abused at some point in their lives, which may be part of the reason why these women believe Jodi. All it takes is one person on that jury who identifies with some of her stories and can put themselves in her position.

Omg this made me laugh and I couldn't agree more! The "point in time" thing was driving me nuts too..and they are both using it!!! Arrrgh!!!

Right? And what was up with them referring to sex as "incidents"?

Listening to Jodi's "drunk woman" story. She describes "generous cleavage". What ya wanna bet that's when she decided to get her boob job?

Boob job came first. Didn't pay her mortgage or contribute to household bills....but bought *advertiser censored*.

I've been wondering this too. She's not making him look good but keeps stopping short of completely trashing him.

Her testimony there made me laugh out loud - considering days earlier te jury had been shown a police video of her interrogation where she very clearly and pointedly says "HE NEVER RAPED ME, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT"

Months ago when I first heard her utter those words, I thought mannnnn...she's gonna eat those words

Timezones mess me up so bad. Would the Evidentiary Hearing today be @ 9:30 Central time... for Texas? :waitasec:

No, it would be 11:30 TX time. TX is an hour ahead of AZ.

Would like to know how many times Travis invited Jodi to his house vs how many times she just showed up!

I paid attention to her saying she rang the doorbell---didn't she say at one point that Travis didn't lock the door and peeps walked in??? :waitasec:

Boob job came first. Didn't pay her mortgage or contribute to household bills....but bought *advertiser censored*.

It's all about priorities...

Quite the opposite, I feel. Don't forget you are speaking from a wise and rational brain, Jodi comes from a family of dysfunction where the laws of physics are different. Jodi's mother did Jodi's bidding and took forged letters to the National Enquirer at her request. This is a codependent mother who feels guilty about where her daughter ended up. We do not know the truth of anything from the mouth of a liar, but I said from day one that hostility in children is a learned behavior and when it was reported that she bashed her brother over the head with a baseball bat, I *immediately* said - she saw that somewhere in her family - someone in that house displays inappropriate hostility. So I am not so sure that tales of physical abuse in that house are so far off course.

Also, we heard how Jodi says how much she still loves her mother - I think Jodi has a manipulative control over her mother based on guilt from her mother's past. I think Jodi must have given that pendant to her mother as a way to manipulate and appease her and say - "mom, in order to save my life fr the needle I'm going to have to trash you on the stand to garner sympathy, but you still know you are #1 mom in my life." And that display of her mother - to me - was a display of manipulation and control exerted by Jodi over her mother. And in a dysfunctional family, we know denial amd distortion of the truth or facts is second nature. It was her mothers way to say "I'm all behind my angel".
You bring up some very important points.

I don't want to defend Jodi's mom because I find her actions deplorable but in my experience the parents of a disordered person are very often also their victims. We can argue nature vs. nurture all we want but a disordered person will twist, warp, and manipulate every kind emotion or action bestowed upon them to their personal gain. Psychopaths primary abusive traits, imo, are psychological which can be very difficult to define much less see.

Personal story, for illustration purposes. ;) My ex-MIL still contends her son's innocence despite him pleading guilty to raping his niece, her granddaughter. When I motioned the courts seeking to move here she called the guardian ad litem herself with a list of reasons supplied by my ex-husband why I should not be allowed to move. After I moved here she would print pictures of my house and town from google earth, print anything I posted online, including pictures of my kiddos and send them to my ex. He used any information gained through her to continue psychologically tormenting me from prison 4000 miles away. Just imagine getting a birthday card in the mail one day with a hand drawn rendition of your house. Creepy.

My ex had a cruel and depraved childhood his mother feels immense guilt over. I believe in order to realize what her son is she would have to accept her role in it. My ex manipulates her through her guilt constantly. So instead of seeking help to understand the psychological phenomena at play she steeps herself in denial and has ripped her own family apart. Just FWIW.

I paid attention to her saying she rang the doorbell---didn't she say at one point that Travis didn't lock the door and peeps walked in??? :waitasec:

How inconsiderate...wake the whole house up ? Why not call? Lol

She's so full of it!

I definitely think she's making up a lot of this and portraying TA in the best way but it also seems like she could make it a LOT worse. I mean, if you're going to lie, why not go all out and make it worse than *advertiser censored* and Pollyanna? Or that he totally flipped his lid when she dated other guys. Instead of "his tone sounded annoyed" why not say he started raising his voice and scaring her?? Maybe that part is coming. :(

FWIW (not much, probably!) I have zero issues with the speed or nature of sexual encounters that she's explaining. I'm totally saddened by the *advertiser censored*-shaming when I read comments saying that she was giving the milk away and no wonder she wasn't marriage material contrasted with comments about TA just "being a guy".

ITA. I think most of what she's saying is true according to her perceptions (but maybe not the sex on baptism day story). And she could absolutely embellish her testimony to make it much more damning of TA. I'm kind of surprised by her testimony in that respect. But I'm also totally bored with it already.

What will be interesting is her version of June 3rd and 4th, because I can't imagine how, based on the crime scene and timeline, she could have a plausible self-defense story. I could perhaps imagine a "PTSD snap" but I dont think that would qualify as self defense.

But that is how she is trying to betray herself....happy go lucky----I don't get the insult....:waitasec:

Not sure I do either. In fact, I love the movie Pollyanna and may have to go watch it again just to clean my brain.

But, I REALLY LOVE your typo (BBM). I wish she were trying to betray herself, instead of everyone who's ever had the misfortune to know her.

ALL of Jodi's ramblings is for the purpose of defending her actions and self defense claims.

But we all recognize the difference between one claim being an element of a larger picture, and saying that that element is the only basis of the defense, right?

I guess it annoys me because you (general "you") don't have to take things out of context for this to be a heinous crime. You don't have to resort to logical fallacies and strawman arguments to recognize that what she has done is brutal. There is no need to make your "side" seem illogical when there's plenty of logical ways to come to the same conclusion.

I expect blurry recollections... It all happened so fast...some claims he spun her around some more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member