Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew all the symptoms for Cluster B disordered personalities and still ended up married to one. And then several years in therapy trying to come to terms with it. I felt the world's biggest fool.

In hindsight I saw at the time what I wanted to see...which was on appearance a seemingly wonderful, charming man who practically worshiped me. There were warning signs but they were easily squashed by my desire to talk myself out of what I 'knew', his manipulation, and my youth and immaturity. I can simply say it was the most painful lesson of my life - one that very nearly destroyed me - and one I hope to help others avoid.

After he had me 'hooked' it became an endless stream of manipulation, brainwashing, gaslighting, crazy-making, coercion, threats, rages, honeymoon phases, etc. to keep me there.

That instinct of danger in my experience is very real but I believe some of us, perhaps in sheer optimism that humankind is mostly good, try to justify our own reactions. Now, if I even sniff a psychopath in my general vicinity I move as furiously fast and far away as possible. Never again...but unlike Travis I have that opportunity. :(

Oh I am so sorry you went through all of that. I believe young people just tend to view the world as a good place. And if someone is not right, they think they can "fix" them. My heart breaks for those like you who have been through that. I am glad you survived. But I think there are those people will have to learn the hard way, as you did. Unfortunately for TA, he never had a chance. She was determined to take his life.

Actually, she said it was ironic. JA thinks ironic = coincidental; she's made the mistake at least 2x that I heard.

yeah, i actually remembered that and edited my post! glad to know i wasn't the only one to catch that..

Sorry to skip ahead and jump in who-knows-where, but I haven't seen anyone bring up the case I think the defense is basing JA's defense on:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/betty_gore/8.html

That link is the really long version, but in a nutshell, the defendant here was able to explain overkill in self-defense because of her upbringing and psychology. She said that the woman she killed (Betty Gore) came at her first with the ax, and in the process of defending herself, she kind of snapped. The overkill was a result of the trauma of being attacked, combined with her pent-up feelings and inability to vent her past 'traumas' (fairly minor ones, please note!).

She mutilated Betty Gore with an ax and the jury believed that the overkill made sense in her case.

Juan, I hope you have read this case! (I'm sure he has, but I see a direct friggin' parallel, so I want to bring it up bigtime!)

eta: she covered it up, too! So there was massive overkill and a definite attempt to hide her involvement, and the jury still let her off. It's what this defense is going for, perfectly :(

Is there any proof Travis attacked JA ?

Lets not forget, the t shirt and panty photo was taken weeks after Travis' death.

And I have always wondered, why isn't the real Tshirt & undies in that court room???
I don't believe for a second he sent her that package on valentines day.
He would send something alot more nicer for one thing.
For another he sure packs things oddly. Who puts the letter at the bottom followed by a small package of boys underwear, tshirt, shorts & then a box of chocolates?
Wouldn't most pack it completely opposite?

So many grandma's with their babies. My grand baby will be eighteen next week. He's the best Valentine I'll ever get. His sister is going on sixteen ,and their twin brothers are turning eight. I need a baby. Best tranquilizer there in the world? grab a baby and rock.

So many grandma's with their babies. My grand baby will be eighteen next week. He's the best Valentine I'll ever get. His sister is going on sixteen ,and their twin brothers are turning eight. I need a baby. Best tranquilizer there in the world? grab a baby and rock.

get a shelter/rescued dog. They are like babies but better... MOO

:seeya:
Lucky you living in Austin. My son and his family live there. We all went to the Halloween parade (or whatever it is called) by 6th St. It was a blast, I think I was the oldest one there!

I live in East Tx. Don't laugh lol! It is beautiful here, but still not used to the "culture". We moved from Southern Calif. I grew up in Marfa, Tx. (Of Marfa Ghost Lights fame)

End of my mini bio.

Sula! I am your neighbor! I'm in NWLA, about 30 mins. from Marshall!

We actually got our marriage license in Marshall because we were getting married in Austin and wanted a TX license! Mr. Knot is a Coloradoan by birth but a Texan by the grace of God, lol. :)

That instinct of danger in my experience is very real but I believe some of us, perhaps in sheer optimism that humankind is mostly good, try to justify our own reactions. Now, if I even sniff a psychopath in my general vicinity I move as furiously fast and far away as possible. Never again...but unlike Travis I have that opportunity. :(

This is what I see as well, what should have been a normal, young adult relationship that didn't work out, turned into a tragedy. I have been young, & stupid (as well as old & stupid, but that's another story), & can remember wrenching heartache when someone didn't reciprocate the feelings I thought I had, but I have never thought of killing someone. The effects of JA's actions will continue to haunt his family & friends, when they remember that Travis won't ever be with them again (you know how sometimes, when you wake up & you're not really awake, I'll bet they do that & think that Travis is still with them)[/QUOTE]

We actually got our marriage license in Marshall because we were getting married in Austin and wanted a TX license! Mr. Knot is a Coloradoan by birth but a Texan by the grace of God, lol. :)

:seeya: Hi there, fellow Texans! I am near Bonham, Tx. about 60 miles north of Dallas very near the Ok. border. Love it here. Very rural area but close enough to the city that I can go anytime! Any more N. Texans here?

Ok that was weird. I fell asleep on my couch for a siesta with my security screen doors double locked but my front doors behind them open (to get the beautiful fresh air in) and just woke up suddenly to the LOUDEST shaking of one of my screen doors (they are every bit as secure as my main doors unless you have a blow torch). My cats went flying across the room. I don't know if the "man on the loose" has been apprehended but I called the City police and reported it. Weird. They are coming out to check it out. If it was a cat, it was some kind of fierce cat banging at my door (but possible).

But,,,,,,it was God Himself who instituted the Death Penalty as a part of human government, and He has never withdrawn it. Just sayin.

Genesis 9:6
Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Numbers 35:31
Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.

I believe God also forbade the wearing of cloth woven of two different fibres, the marking of one's skin and also the piercing of the skin. (Leviticus Don't Make Me Google The Chapter and Verses)

So ya know.......

If you are wearing a poly/cotton blend, have some ink or have pierced ears.....you might be pissing God off, too.

I thought she looked rather thin, myself. I totally did not get the "big fat butt" comments. But I also thought her body (not the bum pics) in the nude was just fine, too, and I didn't see the cellulite and fat belly. (I should look so fat, oy!)

And it's more than her hair color. Her face looks rough and drawn. I actually thought that in the pics of her with the chestnut hair and blondish streaks, she looked quite pretty.

Now she looks spooky, bony and yes, evil. Even when she affects that "soft" tone.

Hard as nails, that one. It's like her soul is finally being worn on her face.

Agreed!

Ok that was weird. I fell asleep on my couch for a siesta with my security screen doors double locked but my front doors behind them open (to get the beautiful fresh air in) and just woke up suddenly to the LOUDEST shaking of one of my screen doors (they are every bit as secure as my main doors unless you have a blow torch). My cats went flying across the room. I don't know if the "man on the loose" has been apprehended but I called the City police and reported it. Weird.

Now that is scary!!! Lock those doors NOW young lady! :what: I am in Tx., but listening to LAPD on the scanner searching for that ex-cop.

nine days of her??? oy vey. Imagine 9 days of Jodi!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
On day 1 of JA's testimony, I fell asleep. She was so flat and so non-feeling that, IMO, she does seem to be a true psychopath. It was like listening in monotone. I was shocked I fell asleep.
I sure don't want to hear JA for another week, and I hope that the jury is spared as well.
But maybe the longer she talks, the deeper the hole she'll dig for herself and the easier it will be for JM.
I was very happy to hear that JM has been down this road before. He'll handle her just fine, but I he doesn't look like he'd enjoy listening to her for another week either.

I just figured out who Juan Martinez reminds me of, Al Pacino.

How cool! I am around 110 miles from Marshall. Yay on having a Texas license!! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83