Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #33 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? Link pls. Thx.

Not on azcentral.

It is now -- in case you haven't checked lately -- it's the Great Seal right now, Quester! Who knoze when they'll let us in there.

(snipped)
The sex tape wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had anticipated. I was so worried that it was going to destroy the image of Travis. I heard that Jodi was so upset yesterday because the defense only wanted a small portion of the tape played and the prosecution pushed for the entire tape to be played. So much for her 'threats' in the plea deal we read. (I couldnt find the link for that on the timeline page) I wonder if Travis' family pushed Juan to play the entire tape? It sure doesn't look good for Jodi. She thinks she is so smart and her plans just keep back firing on her! She thought she would play the part where Travis mentioned she sounded like a 12 year old girl.. and her entire family got to hear how deviant SHE really is. Must have been humiliating with most of her family there, especially in front of her dad.

The tape put to rest the idea that Travis sent her 'little boys underwear'
Travis mentions that he does not like superman. There was no mention of boys superman underwear or that she wore them for him. IF he really had sent them to her for valentines day the would have been mentioned in the tape! *ding dong... Hello?*

I thought the defense calling Lisa was huge... Lisa's testimony did NOT help the defense and sex tape is an even more huge black eye for the defense! MOO

The sex tape was from May 2008. Jodi had to have recorded it *knowing* she had plans of destroying Travis AND his reputation. The timing is just too coincidental. The taping of the conversation may have been the first link in the chain of events leading to Travis' murder. **edited** Also is it a coincidence that she mentions him visiting and the trip to Crater Lake and Shakespeare in the voice mail she left for Travis AFTER she killed him? Creepy!

Ok, so if I understand correctly, Jodi hacked into TA's account that same night. We don't know if it was after or before the recording, but we know that after Travis woke up after the phone sex, that is when he discovered he'd been hacked and he sent her the terse text about invading his privacy.

My suspicion is that she hacked his account before the recording and it is what prompted her to record him with the intent to expose him and sabotage his new relationship.

Considering that nothing on this tape refers to ANY violence and almost ONLY sex, to me this is an indicator of two things:

1) *at this time* Jodi may have not have progressed into her rage enough to be planning out murder - I think she WAS definitely planning out revenge and was intent on dragging his name through the mud

2) considering the whole garbage about "self-defense/battered woman" was NOT Jodi's idea, but obviously the idea of her new attorneys appointed to her two years into her stubborn insistence that TA was killed by intruders- I find it impossible to accept through logic, timing, and evidence - that these tapes were made with the premeditated intent to use them for a self-defense claim, when in fact Jodi never even considers self-defense until 2 yrs into jail- way after the fact.

So to Jodi, this tecording served some *other* purpose other than self-defense or battered woman. It could only be the purpose of either blackmail, sabotaging his new GF, or revenge and trashing his reputation. in order to do that, Travis would need to be alive for her to get that satisfaction.

To me this recoding represents a MAJOR crossroad in her plummeting downward spiral of rage and revenge.

I think *at this moment* of this recording, Jodi was fixated on revenge as a result of what she discovered during hacking, but had not yet crossed the dark line of planning murder - HOWEVER, I think that line crossed quickly for her as she stewed in her rage and also as a result of being busted by Travis AFTER the sex tape the next day. I think when he told her to exit his life at that time, she crossed that line and sunk to the next layer of rage.

I think the confusion for "why did Jodi kill Travis" is coming from the fact that the majority of posters on this board are not psycho murderers. There's no good reason to murder anyone in cold blood, so we will never understand. The only people who could "understand" JA are other psycho, cold blooded murderers.

In this case, I think the Cancun trip with another woman was what did him, the last straw. In my life, I've been sick to the point of literally throwing up at the thought of someone I loved being with someone else. . .but the difference between me and JA is that I didn't drive over and kill him.

Hi Cuckoo, I agree that the overkill may have resulted from how strong TA was. But, I still can't come to understand why it is that she killed him. I'm just not getting that.
My opinion is that she controls men with sex, and it worked on Travis for a little while, but he saw her for what she was and told her to take a hike. Abusers don't like it when their victim stands up and says, no more, F off. She had lost control and she would have the final say.

Reverse the genders; the most dangerous time for an abused woman is when she's had enough and walks out on her abuser.

I think that's what happened with Travis.

IMO

and she even blamed the investigation and in part Travis for stopping any progress with Ryan....shameful

That makes perfect sense with that psychopath. Don't mess with her plans. Or else.

I really hope Jodi listens to her new roommates. The ones in jail with her who think she is innocent and a poor abused victim. I hope she is encouraged and emboldened by the talk from her new buddies and is blindsided and totally unprepared (even tho her lawyers have probably warned her ad nauseum) for the cross from Juan Martinez.

Ehh....I don't even see evidence of any emotional abuse in general. I've lived it...and I call BS, since she is the only one claiming it and well....she isn't exactly a reliable person. My ex did it in front of other people all the time, not just in private....his friends saw it. No one saw evidence of TA being this way....in fact they saw the Jodi portrayed in the tape....all over him, acting very strange and inappropriate affectionately (for conservative Mormons).

By all accounts-presented by her own words and by friends' testimony-she was the stalking, jealous, snooping one. If he got nasty and angry with her towards the end, that isn't abuse, that's a guy fed up with someone like her-and dealing with someone like her is enough to try the patience of a saint. Sometimes people get angry and say things they don't mean in an argument-that isn't abuse (unless it is ALL the time). And abuse, even the unseen kind, does manifest itself to others in some ways somehow....even if at first people on the outside don't realize that is what it is. Changes in self-esteem, changes in personality, little changes are there. She has none of those changes on this tape done before his death....and she is not that good an actress. If she was "a dirty little secret" she had NO problems going along with that....as seen by the tape. I'm sorry but I see just no evidence of any sort of abuse.

ITA with this post!

Phone sex keeps the victimizer away............kept at a distance. Much safer to appease the stalker ..tire slasher far away from them than them come there. Far better to try and remain pleasant and appease the stalker than having to face them face to face.

I did many things to appease my abusive ex including phone sex which I hated but pretended I wanted because I knew what would happen if I didnt.

JA is loose nut who can spin out of control at anytime and imo no one knew that better than TA who had already experienced her wrath and violent acts.

IMO

I have been trying to put myself in Jodi's shoes and understand why she killed Travis. I don't believe the abuse story and I don't believe that Jodi was pushed to kill Travis when he stuck to his plans to go to Cancun with another woman. I used to imagine Jodi flew into a murderous rage when she finally understood that Travis would prefer to take a platonic friend rather than take her, the sex goddess, with him. And since Jodi is a one trick pony (sex is her tool and trade) she went off the deep end. I no longer believe that scenerio.

I think Travis and his 'Gold Digger' blog was the point at which Jodi decided she was going to kill Travis. He was blogging some nasty insinuations about her and her lack of moral character. I think Jodi understood she was running the risk of him blabbing, blogging, getting the message out to other young men in the Church that she was a piranha. This would destroy her chances of latching on to another guy ( for marriage and the good life). IMO Jodi had decided Mormon men were vulnerable to her because of their beliefs about celibacy. She could be lazy or the worst sex partner in the world and how would an inexperienced partner compare her to? She couldn't risk Travis alerting other potential victims about Jodi so Travis had to die. I don't think Jodi anticipated how strong, how much Travis wanted to live, how hard and how long it would take to kill Travis and therefore the bloody scene and multiple injuries and weapons used on Travis.

Jodi killed Travis and went on to the next conquest and was humping and grinding that poor guy the next day.
Have you ever had a panic attack? Extreme anxiety? Felt like everything was spiraling out of your reach - everything was chaotic? This is what I imagine abusers feel when they're losing control of a victim.

People leaving an abuser are at more risk of violence than at any other time in their relationship. At the vortex of imminent loss abusers will do anything to gain and maintain control of their victims.

I tend to think all May was spent with Jodi realizing she was losing control over Travis and coming up with nefarious machinations to regain that control. Ultimately that day in June she realized she could not control what was happening around her. (I tend to believe despite having sex with her, presumably, Travis reiterated after he wanted to end things.)

JMO

It is now -- in case you haven't checked lately -- it's the Great Seal right now, Quester! Who knoze when they'll let us in there.

Thx. The first posting alerting us to the early start stated or insinuated that it was already live.

It sent me into a :panic:

I am listening to her testilie at the end of the day yesterday. She is talking about how she called her mom for help. Nurmi is trying to draggggggggg it out of her of why she wanted to move out of Mesa and what was so miserable about her life.
She's already claiming it's self defense, what is her angle on this act of minimizing it? Is the DV expert they are calling going to address this in some way? I just don't understand why he has to pull stuff out of her.
Even the hitting, if it even happened, which I doubt, she tries to minimize it by saying, no he didn't hit me in the face. Even if she's lying, why minimize the lie? I don't get it at all *sigh* How many more days of this do we have to listen to?

It's all part of her act. She thinks that by adding bits and pieces of *truth* and mixing the yes's with no's she will come off as being truthful and authentic.

She is incredibly manipulative and since I'm not naïve, I can see right through her games.

I don't see how people see her as a victim of abuse. We only have her word and she is a confirmed liar. when people argue they say nasty things. it doesn't make someone an abuser because they tell you to **** off. arguments can get nasty but claiming someone is a victim of abuse because of things said in a argument is a big yoga stretch.

Ok, so if I understand correctly, Jodi hacked into TA's account that same night. We don't know if it was after or before the recording, but we know that after Travis woke up after the phone sex, that is when he discovered he'd been hacked and he sent her the terse text about invading his privacy.

My suspicion is that she hacked his account before the recording and it is what prompted her to record him with the intent to expose him and sabotage his new relationship.

snipped for space

How is this known, i.e., that TA was hacked that same day? I missed that!

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JodiArias LIVE testimony resumes this afternoon... #HLN at 3pm! Today we expect testimony about the killing of Travis Alexander...

Just heard Vinnie say that Gus Searcy will be on the stand first today, any minute now, for the evidentiary hearing I think? Then maybe Skye Hughes. Later today of course, Jodi.

I've got the Seal up on Live Feed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member