Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #35 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get flamed here - but have had two poor experiences with women of retirement age on juries. It would be a long story to relate, but my experience is that sometimes older jurors are set in their ways and do NOT listen to jury instructions or admonitions. (Obviously this is hit or miss and not a blanket judgment of all elderly jurors, but my experiences had an impact on me, and in fact, one of the trials should have been a mistrial. I was not a juror on that one.)

I don't think any older ladies are going to like Jodi in any way shape or form.

If I was on the jury, when she looked through the pages, strumming her fingers I swear I would have raised my hand, stood up and said to the judge, are you friggin kidding me here.

I wanted to see if we could tell which was her BAD finger ..

He wants to be the next Jose Baez. :furious: Where is the barf smiley?

if that's the case, he should have hired a social media expert like Jose did to gage what the public thinks of the trial, testimony, etc. That way we wouldn't be put through this never ending testimony.

night everyone - cant stand any more of this today. will catch up tomorrow. xx

Its the first filibuster in a trial setting IMO

They hope to wear the jury down to the point of not caring anymore.

This is absolutely insane!! She brutally killed an innocent man - and they are going on and on about meaningless squabbles. Nothing Travis said or did caused this. It was her rage and jealousy, but not self-defense.

Is there a limit for this kind of questioning to go on? Can he ask unlimited questions that detail every minute of the day, each meal, if anything constipated her (this testimony constipates me I can tell you that)

Will the Judge stop him. My guess this could anger the Jury at some point

Why would he do this and not consider this is now taken a u-turn and backfiring?

Nope! :no: It is a death penalty case. They always give a lot of latitude in DP cases. If the jury gets pissed off, that is on the Defense Attorney. :gavel:

Hey defense team! Ever heard of post-it page markers? They come in real handy for referring to points in documentation.

This is freakin insane.

As do hi-lighters!! Many BRIGHT colors to choose from!!

I'm finally watching Nurmi and it's clear that he's loving every moment of this- not just content, but pauses, etc. He's dominating the stage and he loves it.

Except he isn't. He is boring and absolutely without charisma. And comes across snarky when challenged by Juan, not mention he is boring the jury to death.

What can she do? The defendant has a right to testify. Even if it's long-winded and meandering BS. I don't think the judge can control the Q&A between Jodi and her lawyer.

I wish she could.

Lawyers, can the judge at least ask Nurmi to be succinct?

She could, but if the prosecutor is not objecting, judge is not likely to intervene

ME now

sc3q0w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads