Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE it if Jeff Ashton showed up for the cross. :please:

I just finished watching TA's memorial video:candle:

How his family can sit and listen to this convoluted tale of rape and abuse... I don't think I could contain myself in that courtroom.

:dunno:

I think Travis' family knows there was no rape and no abuse-except from The murderer towards Travis

I loved Juan's explanation. He used such a calm, quiet voice. It made Nurmi look like a stooge. He just didn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt. lol

Baaaa haaaa haaaaa snort roflmao never heard that one before! Wind his butt!

Thud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM I had asked that question yesterday. Are the inmates watching her testimony live when she is on the stand and are the inmates and the killer watching shows like NG, JVM, DR. Drew etc.???

Anyone know what the jailbirds :jail: are allowed to watch? Especially would they be allowed to watch this or any other trial or info related news??

Nancy Grace taped a behind-the-scenes segment at the jail where JA is confined. The guard pointed out the area where inmates can watch TV, but they are limited as to what they can watch. One of the channels was referred to as something like "Sheriff Joe TV" where they see tapes of Sheriff Joe Arpaio (sp?) reading to them.

I don't think they get HLN.

:waiting: Time management on this case is appalling!
T plus 10 min!
:waiting:
[/quote]

I posted this on the previous thread right before a new one was started, so please forgive the repetition.

But I believe she is going to try the Betty Broderick approach. Remember how Betty Broderick testified that she had a gun on her person because her plan was to kill herself in front of her ex husband? Then she gave some drivel about how there was a movement in the room, the gun went off and "everything was just a big blur"?

I think JA is going to try the same thing. I was going to kill myself in front of him. He wanted to have sex and I through that meant he really wanted me. After, he called me names and I got upset. Then he attacked me. I grabbed the knife (used to cut the ever so soft bondage cordage) and stabbed him to protect myself. But he kept coming. I had to shoot him to save myself. It was all a blur.

Geez, what a crock. But I can see it coming a mile away.

Or she'll say she had the gun in her backpack because she, as a young female, had embarked on a very long car trip alone and had it for protection.

MOO

Yep! Ol Abe contradicted what Jodi said he said yesterday. He told her shed be better off with someone that wanted her. .,, not she deserved better.

I can usually find a transcript from Dr. Drew antd other shows. But no transcript is up from alst night's show.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ddhln.html

Anyone know where I can find video from last night's show with Abe??

Oh my goodness.... the Alanis Morrisette, You Outta Know song is creepy!! She probably played it over and over again on her way to Mesa!

Yes! I always used to pop that CD in my car CD player when I was P*ssed at ex hubby... however I did not go home and kill him. He still lives because he is still signing my spousal support checks, LOL! :floorlaugh: I always imagine his veins popping out in his neck when he has signed those checks for the past 4 years! :great: I love my atty and the female judge we got too!

Sniff sniff... My husband never throws candy at me anymore;) lol

Isn't that a Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand song? "You don't throw candy at me anymore?"

I don't really get what the purpose of this questioning is of Skye. Why would she not be allowed to follow the trial or communicate with the prosecution?

Nurmi's attempt at prosecutorial misconduct. His suggested remedies - mistrial/remove the prosecutor/ or remove the death penalty. Denied.

She and hubby were on witness list and should not be watching trial. Said they were feeding info to prosecution legal assistant. Can't stop them as they are in Utah but insisted prosecutor knew they were on list and that they were watching trial and therefore should not have had contact with them.

On the HLN show an hour ago, a defense attorney was really criticizing our Juan for not speaking up and taking more control of what is happening in the courtroom, stating there are many appealable things happening and he should be protecting the case in the event of appeal.

I'd like to hear the opinion of our verified attorneys here...do you agree?

I know we've all talked about letting her ramble, that it just gives Juanderful more to cross her on.

Soooo? What say y'all?

I must say Nurmi's amount of leading is really bothering me. Really.

Thanks!

I think Juan is saving his objections for the more serious screw ups by Nurmi. IMO the judge is pretty lenient with Nurmi. I commented yesterday on Nurmi's "objections to the objection". To me it's downright disrespectful to the judge AND the prosecution. Juan at one point yesterday even said to the judge "I object and you rule on it, that's the way it should go". It must be somewhat frustrating for him JMHO.

ETA: And I think the judge overrules Juan's objections far too often. She is giving the Defense a LOT of latitude.

And ETA: Sorry for jumping in. I'm not an attorney :blush:

The other song that goes through my head when I picture JA- Talking Heads-
Psycho Killer- Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Guess I'm dating myself...

I will never again be able to listen to Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know without thinking of this case. I really like that song too.

The other song that goes through my head when I picture JA- Talking Heads-
Psycho Killer- Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Guess I'm dating myself...

I love them! I was thinking of this one during Nurmis direct:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0"]Talking Heads - "Road To Nowhere" - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't that a Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand song? "You don't throw candy at me anymore?"

Anything is better than the Frazier song I have stuck in my head.,..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members